g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Removing support for Tapatalk

Member 60376

I use Tapatalk so this is a tad disappointing. I like how it's less graphically intensive than using the browser and the dark theme I can use on it.

For shame. :(

(you can actually turn off that sent from blabla shit. I often wonder why people don't do that.)
Yes this! Warn repeat offenders and it will soon stop

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Who cares if you have a sent by Tapa signature? It's the least you can do if you're using it for free. It inconveniences no-one... I can understand Niall's reasons but people moaning about a line of text need to get over themselves.

Sent using Tapatalk

afrocentricity

Yea.... that mobile site... not really working for me. It's a shame because I was hoping it would be a comparable experience but it's too slow versus Tapatalk, I also prefer Tapatalk simplicity and all black colour scheme...

C'est la vie.

Sent using Tapatalk

gasmanc

Banned
I use tapatalk a lot but it can be a pain in the arse, having to click to load gifs and you can't see embedded tweets, it's useful for some forums but probably not suited to the caf. Poor mobile internet made it a great tool but I've got 4G almost everywhere these days, don't really need it now.

Sent from my fingers using my eyeballs.

Member 60376

I use tapatalk a lot but it can be a pain in the arse, having to click to load gifs and you can't see embedded tweets, it's useful for some forums but probably not suited to the caf. Poor mobile internet made it a great tool but I've got 4G almost everywhere these days, don't really need it now.

Sent from my fingers using my eyeballs.
Gifs are intentionally not loaded till you click them as it saves on bandwidth

On 4g or even good 3g the mobile site is ok but for me in India 3g is patchy esp in office so tapatalk scores big

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
People paix for Tapatalk, an app that helps you post on sites you can freely post on anyway? Those leeches know how to make money.

Sent from my cardoard box after being cleaned out by Tapatalk.

botond

How do I get rid of the adds ? Or is this the way you force them on us

Jonno

About 2 years ago I bought Tapatalk to browse RedCafe. But to be honest the new mobile site isn't getting the credit it deserves. I deleted Tapatalk last month when I spotted the mobile site, which I think performs very well and that is now how I do the majority of my browsing on here.

Adebesi

The mobile site is a massive improvement. I have to say though, if Tapatalk was still supported and there was no indication support would be removed I would still use it. It doesnt look as good but it is still much easier to use.

afrocentricity

The mobile site doesn't work very well on my mobile, don't know if that's to do with my phone, or that some of you are easily pleased :p

Sent using Tapatalk

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The mobile site doesn't work very well on my mobile, don't know if that's to do with my phone, or that some of you are easily pleased :p

Sent using Tapatalk
Get a better phone! ;)

Seriously though, what device are you using?

afrocentricity

p920 LG...

I think it's around 4 years old? on Android ICS

Mindhunter

Tested it on my phone with a 2G connection. Definitely takes more time than tapatalk but I think the improvement of design compensates for it.

I only hope that the new features planned won't make the site heavy.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't know if this is because I use Swype but the text box is a bit buggy for me. I can't press [enter] to make a new paragraph unless there is a letter in front of the blinking text input thingy.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
The newbie tag in the World Cup forum doesn't show up on mobile. (not that it did on Tapatalk, just FYI). I also have to enter my password every time, though I suspect that is a problem on my end and not with the site itself.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I don't know if this is because I use Swype but the text box is a bit buggy for me. I can't press [enter] to make a new paragraph unless there is a letter in front of the blinking text input thingy.
Same here, except worse and I don't use Swype. The delete/backspace key behaves weirdly. The cursor disappears randomly. I downloaded Firefox to see if it helped, it changed the behaviour a bit but didn't fix it. The quick navigation pop-up seems to ignore me most of the time, so I'm using the navigation bar instead.

It's nice being able to see the tweets, but it was a bit awkward when one of the media items with sound - a Vines insert maybe - suddenly played, loudly! I wasn't expecting that. So it will take a bit of getting used to.

Which Android browser are people using successfully?

Sent from my PC because composing a reply this long would have taken several hours if I was using my phone.

Last edited:

Member 60376

I am using a galaxy S3 and on 2g the mobile version is quite slow, and also having similar issues with replying to a thread. I use chrome with swiftkey
(I know it sounds whiny - especially so as I am in the minority who still have to use 2g)

Sent from my pc

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Same here, except worse and I don't use Swype. The delete/backspace key behaves weirdly. The cursor disappears randomly. I downloaded Firefox to see if it helped, it changed the behaviour a bit but didn't fix it. The quick navigation pop-up seems to ignore me most of the time, so I'm using the navigation bar instead.

It's nice being able to see the tweets, but it was a bit awkward when one of the media items with sound - a Vines insert maybe - suddenly played, loudly! I wasn't expecting that. So it will take a bit of getting used to.

Sent from my PC because composing a reply this long would have taken several hours if I was using my phone.
Yeah, same for me. I think we're having the same problem. I'm on Firefox, running unrooted Android 4.03 on a Galaxy S2. The cursor is twitchy, changes positions erratically while I'm typing. Words like "Manchester United" would become "chesterMan tedUni" because of this. It's bloody annoying and one of the reasons I bought Tapatalk because it's been this way since the forum upgrade a few months ago.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.

Been using Chrome since the beginning. Haven't had problems although I only use caf on it sporadically..

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
The mobile version works ok, but i am active in several forums which i could/can use with Tapatalk quite well - lot of nice features, notifications of replys, embedding images is easier etc.
Any chance to let the tapatalk plugin active? I volunteer to write an illustrated guide to switch off the auto "sent from..." footer if needed :p

afrocentricity

I take it Tapatalk support was discontinued then? I've given up trying to access the mobile site on the go as it's not worth the hassle but let us/me know if the support comes back... I'll stay subscribed to the thread for updates.

Adebesi

One thing that would be helpful for the navigation of the site on the mobile would be to have a link to watched threads at the bottom of a thread. There are links to the forums and via the quick navigation icon you can get to all sorts of random places but there's no link to watched threads. As that's generally how I view threads I have to scroll right back to the top which is easy on a desktop but more of a hassle on the phone. Or go via home which is an extra click.

Not exactly a huge issue but would be nice if it was there.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
One thing that would be helpful for the navigation of the site on the mobile would be to have a link to watched threads at the bottom of a thread. There are links to the forums and via the quick navigation icon you can get to all sorts of random places but there's no link to watched threads. As that's generally how I view threads I have to scroll right back to the top which is easy on a desktop but more of a hassle on the phone. Or go via home which is an extra click.

Not exactly a huge issue but would be nice if it was there.
I'm feeling generous today and have added a link to 'Watched Threads' in the footer. It's right down the bottom in the red bar, not that obvious but better than nothing.