Removing support for Tapatalk

botond

i've given up to , also using ad-block on pc because feck it . tapatalk was disabled to force the ads on us

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I can't see how the adverts are at all annoying, I don't even notice them.

And considering they pay for the site I don't mind the odd accidental click I give them.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No it wasn't, don't be silly.
He's probably right though, I came to the same conclusion, but I'm not complaining... it's not like I'm paying. Niall can do whatever he likes.

This has killed my mobile browsing, most of my posts are when I'm in the office nowadays...

afrocentricity

Tapatalk was disabled purely because of the Match Day section that has been added: https://www.redcafe.net/match-day/

No way of having the Match Day stuff show on Tapatalk and Niall didn't want mobile users to be excluded from using it.
I wouldn't have minded both, a compromise... Get access using the browser or do without and use Tapatalk... It is what it is anyway. Now I just use my Vita out and about, no biggie.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Tapatalk was indeed done away with because of the new Match Day features. The first post in this thread you know, kinda like, says that!

Adebesi

No way of having the Match Day stuff show on Tapatalk and Niall didn't want mobile users to be excluded from using it.
They wouldn't be excluded from using it tho, would they. They'd be excluded from using it on tapatalk, they'd still have the option of going via the website as they are forced to now. It's like telling everyone to burn every pair of shoes they own because some people like going into temples where you aren't allowed to wear shoes.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
They wouldn't be excluded from using it tho, would they. They'd be excluded from using it on tapatalk, they'd still have the option of going via the website as they are forced to now. It's like telling everyone to burn every pair of shoes they own because some people like going into temples where you aren't allowed to wear shoes.
Well put and correct. Now get over it :)

afrocentricity

The mobile version on a browser is miles better than tapatalk anyway
How in the world... ? I guess it's subjective... but if it was really better, I'd still be using it... far from it IMO.

Member 60376

The mobile version on a browser is miles better than tapatalk anyway
Viewing is ok, but posting is impossible - tried on stock, chrome and dolphin and the cursor has a mind of its own

@Niall how about a redcafe app - all features of a website plus none of the problems of a website?

Adebesi

Viewing is ok, but posting is impossible - tried on stock, chrome and dolphin and the cursor has a mind of its own

@Niall how about a redcafe app - all features of a website plus none of the problems of a website?
I would pay for that. I would pay a fair few quid for it as well. I have expensive subscriptions to The Economist and the FT but there is no media source closer to my heart than this place.

I think you should do a survey, at least test the water, even if you dont decide to do it. Gauge appetite.

We need to move with the times. If Manchester United is going to be a shambles on the football pitch, at least let us moan about it online in style.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I would pay for that. I would pay a fair few quid for it as well. I have expensive subscriptions to The Economist and the FT but there is no media source closer to my heart than this place.

I think you should do a survey, at least test the water, even if you dont decide to do it. Gauge appetite.

We need to move with the times. If Manchester United is going to be a shambles on the football pitch, at least let us moan about it online in style.
We are moving with the times, the site is fully responsive. Mobile web FTW!

botond

Tapatalk was disabled purely because of the Match Day section that has been added: https://www.redcafe.net/match-day/

why don't let us decide what features we want ? also the match day section is cancer since new users can post in it and i obviously avoid it

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I still browse using the mobile version. It's pretty good, but I reckon my phone is a bit too shit for it to work properly, so I never post from my phone.

afrocentricity

I've accepted that this is what we have, and will have, for the foreseeable... I think you guys should too. Of course if you can get the big man and the caf on board then great, I cant see it tho...

And yes, letting the newbies into the matchday has made a bad situation much much worse... I think matchday threads have been poor for a while now but after visiting a few this season, wow...

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
why don't let us decide what features we want ? also the match day section is cancer since new users can post in it and i obviously avoid it
The Mains match day threads were actually worse than the Newbies last season. The new users making it worse is a xenophobic/elitist myth. Get over it and get over yourself.