Removing support for Tapatalk

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Update June 5th: Tapatalk support has now been removed. This is the original announcement explaining the decision.

In the next few days I'll be removing support for Tapatalk. The reasons for this are two-fold:

1) Support for Tapatalk was introduced to make-up for the lack of a mobile friendly design in earlier versions of XenForo. Now that XenForo supports a fully responsive design, the main reason for supporting Tapatalk is now gone.

2) A whole bunch of new Match Day features are being introduced in the coming months that are not supported by Tapatalk. I want all users to be able to see and interact with these features which means ensuring everyone is using the non-Tapatalk version of the site.

I know this decision may frustrate some of the regular Tapatalk users, but hopefully you understand the reasons for it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm just delighted that I won't have to read what phone people sent their post from anymore.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm just delighted that I won't have to read what phone people sent their post from anymore.
Yeah a few of the things Tapatalk does annoy me as well, which is a third reason!

Cina

Thank god for that.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
About time!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Bwuk

I hate it.

Sent from my Nintendo Gameboy Advance using Tapatalk.

Siorac

I don't even know what Tapatalk is. No, I won't google it.

OK, I lied, I did google it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
About time. That signature text was one of the most retarded things ever.

Sent from my MacBook Air using Google Chrome.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Good news

Sent from my office laptop's outdated IE browser

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yeah, good decision.

Sent from Cina's mums bed

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
There are a few bugs on my phone. For example: if I move the cusor to the middle of a word and start writing it will sometimes move the cuaor back to the start of the post. I have to leave a space after the cuaor to ensure that doesn't happen. Trying to reproduce it now though and its not happening so maybe its been fixed

villain

Hates Beyoncé
:lol: The replies in this thread

viewing the website is a breeze on the go especially on my iPad, it performs in the same way as if i was on my laptop

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Sent from the Nexus 6 attack ship, off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser Gate.

vanthaman

Winner
Looking forward to seeing these new features in action

Sent from my pen and pad on my desk

Varun

Staff
Good thing I didnt buy it when I thought about it some time back.

Varun

Staff
Yeah they changed it. It really makes it easy to navigate with a phone. Don't have adjust the zoom for every page, can upload pictures in app, buttons are the right size to avoid misclicks.
The new version of the caf works well on the phone though, the old one was a pain I agree.

Varun

Staff
It's better but both are below Tapatalk. I still use it from time to time to check a notification on my profile or when I want to change the title of a conversation to mock Solius.
I see. You could suggest the changes here so that they can be improved upon to match what Tapatalk offers over time.

Member 60376

Please no @Niall

The mobile version is graphics heavy and takes longer to load on the patchy 2g/1x ( :( ) mobile network at office. Tapatalk is text and loads much faster

I might be in the minority but I browse redcafe almost exclusively through tapatalk

If you cannot support future improvements at least keep it as it is?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Please no @Niall

The mobile version is graphics heavy and takes longer to load on the patchy 2g/1x ( :( ) mobile network at office. Tapatalk is text and loads much faster

I might be in the minority but I browse redcafe almost exclusively through tapatalk

Sorry the decision has already been made, this thread is friendly FYI :)

It's not that graphics heavy surely? Your browser will cache the images after they first load anyway.

RedMist99

Please no @Niall

I second this.

I also resent the fact that I paid £1.99 for the app and use it exclusively for this site. I demand compensation!