Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Ronaldo hasn’t really got a sniff, should we be worried about that?
Portugal have been a bit one-dimensional and seem to think they don't have to try to beat us. They seem to be trying to tee up Ronaldo for his record a lot of the time so we're able to mark him out of the game.

Bojan Djordjic

Hope Bazuna keeps developing. His comfort on the ball is such a positive for this team (bar the penalty hiccup).

Deery

Dreary
Portugal have been a bit one-dimensional and seem to think they don't have to try to beat us. They seem to be trying to tee up Ronaldo for his record a lot of the time so we're able to mark him out of the game.
Yeah he’s been marked tight but I never seen him so static and easy to keep out the game.

Nick7

I thought the game was on tomorrow so just put it on. This camera angle is shocking.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah he’s been marked tight but I never seen him so static and easy to keep out the game.
He’s 36.5 years old ffs. I think we need to drastically lower expectations. I think he will make a terrific squad player/option off the bench but I don’t think he’ll accept that and I have a horrible feeling Ole won’t have the stones to take him on. This transfer could end up being an absolute disaster IMO.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I mean I've just seen your left back casually back head the ball into his own penalty area and find his centre half. It was both beautiful and annoying.

lsd

The Oracle
Did Doherty get a yellow for running off the pitch too quick?

Deery

Dreary
He’s 36.5 years old ffs. I think we need to drastically lower expectations. I think he will make a terrific squad player/option off the bench but I don’t think he’ll accept that and I have a horrible feeling Ole won’t have the stones to take him on. This transfer could end up being an absolute disaster IMO.
Yeah I’m not expecting him to be the Real Ronaldo but I get a uneasy feeling that the premier league might be too much for him. I really hope I’m wrong about that..

Oranges038

I know its harsh but he is a premiership player and international but every time i watch him he is just awful and the only thing he seems able to do is dive
Sometimes you look at these players and wonder how they ever even made it that far.

He should score there.

Wait he's been barged in the back. So it's not a foul.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Nice bodytackle from behind. I guess only assault counts as penalty this season

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I reckon you're seeing this out y'know

I can see why this Portugal manager isn't fancied. So much less creative thn the sum of their parts.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m going to say what we’re all thinking about Aaron Connolly: his hair is a hate crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.