Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
How does Ronaldo keep doing it even when he’s poor all night still pops up with a goal incredible.

RORY65

For fecks sake, he's a wanker but a magnificent player. Absolutely gutting.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
It doesn't make you feel any better, but for what it's worth it's only two beautiful headers that have undone you.

edgecutter

Fecking ref, but we shot ourselves in the foot. Needed to start fouling when we had the ball in their half on the 94th min.

Green_Red

Great show from Ireland away from home against the best team in the group.

IrishMcD

Ref was an absolute cnut the entire match. Twat. As blatantly biased a performance as I have seen in a long, long time

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Didn't deserve this, but Irish were up against football robot tonight.

Pointless VAR check at the end got the game going for longer.

Maxii

Paad
Ref was an absolute cnut the entire match. Twat. As blatantly biased a performance as I have seen in a long, long time
Was on a horn when he was booking Ronaldo for taking off his jersey at the end. Cnut

DON’T PANIC ™

Most cohesive performance I’ve seen from them in ages. Kenny’s record is poor but they’re moving in the right direction.

dbs235

I usually enjoy seeing the rest of the home nations struggle. But I genuinely feel sorry for you guys here, was gutted to see that.

edgecutter

Got to feel for Kenny, he deserves some luck with how he is trying to get this team to play and the knives will continue to be out for him.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Great performance by us but we were done by the GOAT in the end. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy Ronaldo doing that to plenty of our rivals in the league. Irish team moving in the right direction.

Nick7

It doesn't make you feel any better, but for what it's worth it's only two beautiful headers that have undone you.
With the amount of crosses Portugal made that was the only way they were going to score. It seemed to be their whole game plan.

Brophs

The One and Only
I like Matt Doherty but the second goal was more of the same odd positioning that seems to come with most of his performances. He really could do with tidying that up.

IrishMcD

Was on a horn when he was booking Ronaldo for taking off his jersey at the end. Cnut
Fact, smiling at him like a little school girl. Walked along side him for about 15secs without even attempting to give him the yellow, just gawking at him, like I do when im 2 pints deep and a woman walks past, the dirty perverted rascal.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Blatantly wanted to be there for "history."

Always suspicious of refs who gel their hair. Attention-seeking cnuts a lot of the time.

Oranges038

Great team performance tonight. 3 with O'Shea, Duffy and Egan could be a solid way going forward. I thought Cullen was very good on the ball in the middle not so much without it. Bazunu was brilliant and had no chance for the two goals looks like he's going to be a very good keeper, just a shame who he plays for.

Ronaldo is a cnut, the second header is a top class one. It just seemed inevitable that he would score.

If I'm being honest, Portugal did deserve to win in the end but will not win anything under this coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.