Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
Good half, I wonder when Ronaldo is going to pop up with his customary goal and break our hearts..

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I genuinely think so. All the talk about “worst Irish team ever” is utter bollocks. We play decent stuff with a lot of young players (another debut tonight). Just need to start scoring consistently.
I think they meant personnel, when they say worst, and it's hard to argue against, but that's all the more reason we need a good system.

always_hoping

The Irish need to be creating more clear cut chances against such a patched up Portugal defence. Dalot positional sense is poor and should br exploited.

Bruno letting the game pass him by while Ronaldo is one of the few Portugal players trying to make something happen for his side.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The Irish need to be creating more clear cut chances against such a patched up Portugal defence. Dalot positional sense is poor and should br exploited.

Bruno letting the game pass him by while Ronaldo is one of the few Portugal players trying to make something happen for his side.
Ah this is good by our standards, and we're not doing as badly as we have been. We have always struggled with creating chances , at the best of times.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I'm actually quite suprised seeing what Ireland is playing nowadays. Was expecting much more of hoofball to be honest, than watched first half and accidentally saw this topic.

Reading last few pages, I can see it's not actually that much of a surprise. Well certainly you've caught me by surprise, I haven't expected this. While you were quite efficient in what you were doing earlier, it wasn't too nice on the eye.

Statue of Limitations

This is a free hit for us v Portugal, nobody expecting anything so pressure is off.
We are playing the better football I think, but will likely count for nothing with Bruno & CR7.

If we lose, we are guaranteed to finish behind Luxembourg in the group!

Oranges038

I'm actually quite suprised seeing what Ireland is playing nowadays. Was expecting much more of hoofball to be honest, than watched first half and accidentally saw this topic.

Reading last few pages, I can see it's not actually that much of a surprise. Well certainly you've caught me by surprise, I haven't expected this. While you were quite efficient in what you were doing earlier, it wasn't too nice on the eye.
It's what Kenny did with Dundalk.

The question has always been whether he'd be able to replicate it with the national side. It's taken a while but it's started to look a lot better the last number of games.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It's what Kenny did with Dundalk.

The question has always been whether he'd be able to replicate it with the national side. It's taken a while but it's started to look a lot better the last number of games.
Yep. There was a press conference a few years ago when Roy was assistant manager and got stuck into the press for hassling the set up for not keeping possession more. Roy went on the attack and said basically no Irish team did, does or can. A journo said Dundalk do and in fairness to Roy, he just yep, they do.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Exactly. Man for man this remains the worst squad in years (decades?) So more power to boss man Ste-o for moulding them into what we’re watching today.
Where is the “Would you take Kenny at Utd” thread?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I was supposed to be at this match. So gutted I couldn't get tickets for it. No way I'm paying €250 per ticket after it sold out.
The fai should have given first refusal for fans that went to the brutal games link Qatar and Azerbaijan. Like me.

I am the one that was going to t
Ha, it's terrifying playing against Ronaldo.

Bruno very quiet. Dalot may not solve our defensive fragility.
Bruno was muck.

Nick7

Will bloody Keane. Going back to when he and his brother were in United youth teams I was convinced Will would make it in the England team and Michael would end up being a big part of ours.

Oranges038

Will Keane... jesus.

I haven't been that surprised by an Ireland sub since Martin Rowlands.

Oranges038

Another poor decision from this ref.

He's had a very poor game.

Good game for Ireland, solid draw. More progress.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Good result, could have been a win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.