Republic Of Ireland Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Duffy is better than Maguire and Kenny better than Ole. Morning, lads. Make a bit of time to celebrate our 0-0 home victory against Portugal, will you?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Side note. We (United) need a new goalie if we’ve any hope of playing modern football. No way are Ireland playing the ball round at the back like we did last night if you swap Bazunu for DDG. The young lad is an absolute baller.
Couldn't agree more. Apparently he is a Man Utd fan. Also City have extended the contract of their reserve keeper so I would expect he will need to move on eventually. I was reading that City are seeking to loan him to a Championship club in January but he is pushing for a top division club, which I think he has the right to do now. He is a wonderkid.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He might be the best we ever had is the word.
I’m fascinated by him. Why/when did he decide to go in nets? He must have been streets ahead of most kids on any area of the pitch. Very unusual to have such a talented ball player stuck in goals at such a young age. Fair play to Rovers for whatever role they played in making him the player he is now.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
T'is unfortunate to have Kelleher and Bazunu at the same time.

We could play Bazunu in CM for the craic.

The Irish Connection

Couldn't agree more. Apparently he is a Man Utd fan. Also City have extended the contract of their reserve keeper so I would expect he will need to move on eventually. I was reading that City are seeking to loan him to a Championship club in January but he is pushing for a top division club, which I think he has the right to do now. He is a wonderkid.
Would be class if we could get him

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I’m fascinated by him. Why/when did he decide to go in nets? He must have been streets ahead of most kids on any area of the pitch. Very unusual to have such a talented ball player stuck in goals at such a young age. Fair play to Rovers for whatever role they played in making him the player he is now.
I'm not sure but I'll take the hit and ask my brother and report back.

If it was an audio platform I'd record the conversation and make ye listen to the inevitable detailed report on the under 11s

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm not sure but I'll take the hit and ask my brother and report back.

If it was an audio platform I'd record the conversation and make ye listen to the inevitable detailed report on the under 11s
I’d be all ears. Spending every Sunday on the sidelines of assorted DDSL games gives me more tolerance than most for that sort of waffle. I can also report that the days of the fat, crap kid in goals are long gone. All the keepers at the top clubs are extremely competent on the ball. Just find it hard to imagine any underage coach not being tempted to give someone as talented as Bazunu a run around.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
She claimed her da was getting fined 3 grand when she was on the radio but the FAI have come out and said that they (the FAI) might get fined but they wouldn't be issuing a fine against the girl and her family.
I heard her on the radio. I think she said there was a fine of a grand and her dad would pay it. Haven’t seen anything from the FAI.

BerryBerryShrew

It was amazing. She was so small and ran so far. Looked like she was going to make it but the stewards nabbed her right before she got to him.

Then he calls them over and she gets her hug and the shirt. She was balling crying as they walked her off the pitch. Memory for a lifetime that.
Being fair, Ronaldo was only delighted to have a legitimate reason to whip his shirt off for a change.

Withnail

Fine by who? UEFA? They have no power to fine an individual .Google that .
This is getting a bit feisty :lol:

It wasn't bullshit. The girl herself said her da was getting fined.

The FAI have said this evening that they won't be fining them.

The FAI confirmed this evening that Addison would not face a fine for running onto the pitch, as is usually the case for pitch invaders.

An FAI spokesperson said: "We want to reassure Addison that of course she will not face any fine for running onto the pitch and asking for Ronaldo's jersey.

"On a serious note we would remind fans at all games that fines are liable to be levied by UEFA in certain instances for entering the field of play, particularly when the game is ongoing and we urge all fans to respect this very sensible rule

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/1112/1259442-addison-whelan/

Dimitar09

Hopefully can get a win against Luxembourg now on Sunday and build on the last few positive results and performances.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
This is getting a bit feisty :lol:

It wasn't bullshit. The girl herself said her da was getting fined.

The FAI have said this evening that they won't be fining them.

The FAI confirmed this evening that Addison would not face a fine for running onto the pitch, as is usually the case for pitch invaders.
It was bullshit then. An 11 year old girl said her Da was getting fined?
Jesus.
An FAI spokesperson said: "We want to reassure Addison that of course she will not face any fine for running onto the pitch and asking for Ronaldo's jersey.

"On a serious note we would remind fans at all games that fines are liable to be levied by UEFA in certain instances for entering the field of play, particularly when the game is ongoing and we urge all fans to respect this very sensible rule

http://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/1112/1259442-addison-whelan/

I am pretty sure they do, otherwise we would have ten or more U12's running on the pitch after each match?

Red00012

UEFA will probably fine the FAI for the miniature pitch invasion. But the girl won't be fined from what I read.
She was on the late late show and now she’s got 2 tickets for an arsenal game . I doubt they’re front row seats though

Status
Not open for further replies.