Reserves Vs Aston Villa - 7pm KO

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
whenever I watch the reserves we're playing slow hoof-ball football and we're often dominated in midfield

Is it because we're lacking midfielders with engine or because we're trying to play some kind of continental football? Can't be the latter, we're long ball-ing too damn often.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I lost my stream. I somehow managed to refresh the page and now I can't get it back. What a stroke of genius.
http://www.simplyreds.com/manchester-united-youth-reserves/176-reserves/6540-reserves-manchester-united-vs-aston-villa-live.html

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
whenever I watch the reserves we're playing slow hoof-ball football and we're often dominated in midfield

Is it because we're lacking midfielders with engine or because we're trying to play some kind of continental football? Can't be the latter, we're long ball-ing too damn often.
Yes a lack of size in central midfield so the opponents bigger often older players control midfield. So United end up hoofing it forward....

SecondFig

Bebe has been a lot more involved in this half. He's still very raw but at least he's showing promise. It's only his first appearance after all.
He's been better than I expected. Considering this is his first reserves game, first game of English football, and the huge journey he's made over the last year - he's been promising. Clearly a long way away from first team action, but lots to build upon

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He's been better than I expected. Considering this is his first reserves game, first game of English football, and the huge journey he's made over the last year - he's been promising. Clearly a long way away from first team action, but lots to build upon
I like the fact he tries to get the cross in early. Something we've not had from a winger for a while. With better service to release him early, he may be able to do a job.

SecondFig

I like the fact he tries to get the cross in early. Something we've not had from a winger for a while. With better service to release him early, he may be able to do a job.
I've been surprised by his crossing actually. Not sure why, I thought he was a winger, but I guess I expected him to be more in the Obertan, Ronaldo, role - i.e. more of a wide forward than a proper winger. But his crossing has had good pace and depth. Shame we didn't have Cofie on for him to try and feed

Sw33t

Bit of slack defending there. Was all alone. Still, not a bad finish.