Reserves vs Liverpool this evening

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I'm really liking Josh King. At least that's one highlight from this.

charleysurf

Awful miss by Chester. They've had chances.

muller

Playing well, just can't score, and we should have, several times.

muller

Kiko scores, but someone blew on the goal keeper, so it's dissallowed. Pathetic.

PS18

Just turned 18 and being written off because of his attitude. Those slightly cocky types never make good footballers of course.

twitter thread suggester
The Reserves forum used to be a place where you could escape spastics like Scholesy - who forgot to lock the door?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We deserved the draw and kiko's goal should have stood. Second half we were good. If King, Wellbeck (more so first half) and kiko had of produced what they did in the build up in the penalty area, we'd have won by five.

King was class - Evans had one of those games. Tosic got better. De laet, gray were good. Chester missed a sitter but improved in the second half

We lost but it's hard to talk about the performance as we did play 10 men for the last 50 odd minutes and we just couldn't get that goal we needed

On kiko, his general play was very good. It was one of his better performances linking up play and I would disagree with this attitude talk. A striker is entitled to have a shot

BUT for the possession we should have created more. Our best chances probably came from set pieces

Ekeke

Scholsey do you dislike Ibrahimovic as a player or his attitude?

The set pieces were woeful tonight and both Welbeck and Macheda were guilty of overplaying when they had a good chance to get a shot in. But really, nothing much of note was created for them despite the man advantage.

charleysurf

Meh, poor enough. Defence is poor in this age bracket without Cathcart. Dudgeon is poor, Chester does not really look like a first teamer. De Laet is only suited to full back probably. Gray always gives you 100% anyway.
In midfield, I'm not sure centre midfield really suits Evans. I think fullback would be his best shot at a career. Eikrems passing really needs to be perfect if he's to have a future in the first team squad but he was sloppy at times tonight.
Tosic, well, he's not really progressing.
King played well, looks to have a lot of potential.
Welbeck and Macheda, starved of the ball but a bit wasteful at times. Maybe they think reserve football is beneath them at this stage.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
a tad harsh on the basis of one game - after all aside from the goal they created little and after the sending off they offered little. I can only remember gray off the line and ngog headering it down and it bouncing over the bar......

Scholesy

Scholsey do you dislike Ibrahimovic as a player or his attitude?

The set pieces were woeful tonight and both Welbeck and Macheda were guilty of overplaying when they had a good chance to get a shot in. But really, nothing much of note was created for them despite the man advantage.
Ibrahimovics attitude is not that poor. And his technique is supreme.

I am not convinced by Machedas talent. He may be a natural goalscorer, but the rest of his play is poor. Such an average player, except his goalscoring instincts.

No one can deny that he thinks and acts as if he is already bigtime. Tonight he was faced infront of 3 defenders, with King free in space, but ignored him and sliced his shot wide. King had his arms up in the air, not aggressively, but what most players would do. Macheda, Im sure said 'feck off...' in a quite aggressive, cnutish way.

I hope we dont see him in the first team this season. Never, actually.

charleysurf

I am not convinced by Machedas talent. He may be a natural goalscorer, but the rest of his play is poor. Such an average player, except his goalscoring instincts.

No one can deny that he thinks and acts as if he is already bigtime. Tonight he was faced infront of 3 defenders, with King free in space, but ignored him and sliced his shot wide. King had his arms up in the air, not aggressively, but what most players would do. Macheda, Im sure said 'feck off...' in a quite aggressive, cnutish way.

Get a grip. A lot of strikers with great reputations like Muller and Greaves were complete pricks on the pitch. And please remind us what age Macheda is?
As I implied earlier, I think Macheda may be a bit arrogant, thinking reserve football is beneath him. He'll get that arrogance knocked out when he plays a lot more first team football and sees how far he needs to go to prove himself.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
These unorthodox games are often the ones you learn from and we did a lot better in the second half. We certainly didn't deserve to lose but credit to Liverpool for making it difficult for us.

Ekeke

Its poor and for a big, young guy, Macheda has fantastic technique. He's still a bit raw at times but thats just his age and lack of experience.

I'm surprised that you, someone known to have a constant boner for any player with good technique, cant see this though.

PS18

Hmm, as has been said, you're clearly a moron.

Meh, poor enough. Defence is poor in this age bracket without Cathcart. Dudgeon is poor, Chester does not really look like a first teamer. De Laet is only suited to full back probably. Gray always gives you 100% anyway.
Very harsh on the defence I think, Dudgeon's solid enough at left-back (as is Gray on the other side) while Chester and de Laet have looked more than competent at reserve level against more threatening attacks than Liverpool's tonight. Just not a great night for them, no reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

PS18

There's nothing wrong with the odd defeat at reserve/youth level (as long as it's not every week) if you learn something from it, and they should do from that.