Gaming Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS5, Series S/X, PC)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You should be able to, it is definitely coming to PS4 so i don't see why it wouldn't be available to download on the PS store.
That's great - I was under the impression that it was next-gen (or I suppose current-gen now) only.

Well, if so...I may postpone my PS5 purchase further.

I've been telling myself I need to buy one for years now, it seems. But the fact is I haven't had a truly compelling reason for doing it so far.

Irwin99

Only small thing I didn't like is the lack of the really campy "Welcome" from the weapon's guy. Surely they could have kept that in?! He sounds like a normal human being now

"not enough cash, stranger". :D

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
If BenitoSTARR has to pre-order I have to as well I guess.

RE4 on the Wii with those motion controls and a huge screen was a frightening experience. Good times.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
If BenitoSTARR has to pre-order I have to as well I guess.

RE4 on the Wii with those motion controls and a huge screen was a frightening experience. Good times.
I just can’t see this being anything other than great. Played the original on GameCube and it was fantastic and this looks brilliant.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I just can’t see this being anything other than great. Played the original on GameCube and it was fantastic and this looks brilliant.
Yeah, it does. Was just remembering the motion controls which were great for a game like that as it made it even more immersive. Just like the touchpad for ZombiU on the WiiU which you had to look down to when opening a backpack or looking at the map.

Was no fan of the castle section back then so hopefully they improve that one.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Yeah, it does. Was just remembering the motion controls which were great for a game like that as it made it even more immersive. Just like the touchpad for ZombiU on the WiiU which you had to look down to when opening a backpack or looking at the map.

Was no fan of the castle section back then so hopefully they improve that one.
Yeah castle section especially on some of the harder difficulties was ridiculous.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Nice little demo. Visually its looking great, captured the sound and atmosphere well. Shooting mechanics are feeling good though Leon moves alittle stiff/unresponsive at times.
Didnt manage to kill the Chainsaw guy but I put a few holes in him.

So, yeah, looking good.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The demo is ok, it's very RE8 though with the narrowness of the map. Also the bullets not affecting/completely doing nothing thing is tedious and I hope a bug (but I doubt it knowing RE games). The RE engine itself still desperately needs improvement, it's still very rough in areas and clearly hasn't been updated since 8, but at this stage the game seemed to run smooth enough on my PC and on the PS5 (haven't tested the X yet).

But the biggest thing is the dog. I'm not sure that and the trader voice changes will do anything but annoy the fans (the little homage to the truck was nice, if a little on the nose, though :lol:).

Irwin99

Nice little demo. Visually its looking great, captured the sound and atmosphere well. Shooting mechanics are feeling good though Leon moves alittle stiff/unresponsive at times.
Didnt manage to kill the Chainsaw guy but I put a few holes in him.

So, yeah, looking good.
Really liked the demo but i had the same thoughts until i changed the shooting aim to be quicker on my second playthrough and it was far more comfortable in terms of aiming the gun. It felt so slow prior to that.

Also, I know i'm completely illiterate when it comes to these modern technical details but i played the demo twice, once with ray tracing AND frame rate priority on with HDR and the second time with race tracing off and i don't know whether it was naturally smoother second time because i turned RT off or whether it was because i changed the aim, but the second playthrough was smoother. Leon was definitely quicker on the second playthrough.

I can see why some people say RT just isn't worth it but i'm waiting for the game where it is.

Chairman Steve

Demo was great. I have some kind of PTSD from playing the original and it’s QTEs so every cutscene involved me checking which finger was on which button and being very attentive to any potential prompts.

I also found the default aiming sensitivity to be slow as feck too but changed that and it went much better.

I look forward to see what changes they’ve made to the game overall. I’m not one of those purists who wants everything the same so I don’t mind that Krauser sounds like Wolverine now or even the complete removal of QTEs

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I forgot how anxiety inducing that village section is (running around waiting for the bell to ring).

As far as I remember weren't the enemies always bullet sponges?

BenitoSTARR

Scout
I forgot how anxiety inducing that village section is (running around waiting for the bell to ring).

They’ve done a great job of keeping that anxiety in that section.

Im absolutely dreading iron maidens.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Downloaded it on the weekend but still hesitant to play it - always have to wait for the right moment for RE games to play 'em (at least those till 5) because of the tension.

Might as well get the full game then :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I had forgotten about the amount of variety in enemies this game had. Really looking forward to see how they go about enhancing the Regenerators .

Glad they kept in the bingo line too.

Redlambs

They are, but there's always feedback. Otherwise your shots would be pointless and the guns feel like bb guns. On second playing I think it's a hit reg/hitbox issue, which is odd for a single player game but the RE engine has never been the best. I'm sure it'll be ironed out, as I can't recall 8 having a problem.

Anyway, I can't wait for this still. The original RE4 still holds up for me, let alone the Wii then the VR versions.

Irwin99

I played it three times experimenting with the different graphic settings and I still couldn't defeat the chainsaw dude. I didn't try THAT hard but I did get him with a grenade blast and 3 or 4 shotgun rounds.

Redlambs

I played it three times experimenting with the different graphic settings and I still couldn't defeat the chainsaw dude. I didn't try THAT hard but I did get him with a grenade blast and 3 or 4 shotgun rounds.
Could be what I've been saying about the hit reg issues, could be you aren't supposed to in the demo? I've only played to explore, but if I get the chance later I'll play again and go for him to see.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Wait, there's a shotgun in the demo? Where?

Irwin99

Wait, there's a shotgun in the demo? Where?
Up the stairs on the wall in the main house of the village you go into like the original. It’s the house where a cutscene triggers Chainsaw Ganado to cut through the door.
There's also a small machine gun I've heard, but can't confirm? But yeah the shotgun is in the house, second floor.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Chairman Steve

There's also a small machine gun I've heard, but can't confirm? But yeah the shotgun is in the house, second floor.
I think you need to throw away all your inventory items before going into the village first, and then a usually gated well area on the southeastern part of the village magically opens up and you can grab the TMP sub machine gun from there.

Redlambs

To be fair, its been quite a while.
Yeah when it came out about 18 years ago on the Gamecube. As if I'm going to remember that.
I wasn't being sarcastic...for once! :lol:

Game layouts tend to burn themselves into my brain. Especially games I buy on every system over and over like an idiot ;)

(BTW, if you guys ever get the chance, play it in VR. Absolutely brilliant experience)

FattyFooty

After playing resident evil 8 in VR, i really need this to go on VR to....