g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Resident Evil 7

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Who did people pick, Zoe or Mia?

Also, I'd highly recommend the End of Zoe DLC. It's a lot of fun where you play as Zoe's uncle and your fists are your weapons against the molded and you eat bayou creepie crawlies for health.

Irwin99

Who did people pick, Zoe or Mia?

Also, I'd highly recommend the End of Zoe DLC. It's a lot of fun where you play as Zoe's uncle and your fists are your weapons against the molded and you eat bayou creepie crawlies for health.
That’s one of the few problems I had with the game. I got the platinum so I picked both options on different playthroughs and I was a bit disappointed by the consequences of the Zoe pick.

Woodzy

Re4 is my favourite still, but this on VR definitely runs it so close. What an experience, and that candle actually does work too :lol:
I had to stop in VR for two reasons. First, it was genuinely terrifying... I got to the start main house with Jack and just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I spent about 30 minutes by the garage just peeking round he corner.

Second is that I feel like I was missing out a little by not playing on the Pro.

Now I know how the game plays out I might have another run in VR. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get a Pro so might just go for it anyway.

There’s certain areas that make me shudder at the thought of playing in VR, in particular...

Receiving the arm from the kids bedroom. No enemies and still the creepiest part of the game.

Irwin99

A year or so later I still remember Jack's wife closing a door as i was about to enter the room and telling me to stay the F*** away. I still don't know why that terrified me so much.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Finished this. Really enjoyed it. Didn't feel like an RE game though, though I understand the series needed a reboot.

The whole house section with Jack was class. My favourite part of the game. Molded's were annoying as feck, would have been nice to have a bit more variety enemy wise.

Tempted to try this on VR if it is as good as @Redlambs says, but I get really quite ill whenever I've used it before, but I may just need to adjust and get used to it.

Is the DLC worth getting?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finished this. Really enjoyed it. Didn't feel like an RE game though, though I understand the series needed a reboot.

The whole house section with Jack was class. My favourite part of the game. Molded's were annoying as feck, would have been nice to have a bit more variety enemy wise.

Tempted to try this on VR if it is as good as @Redlambs says, but I get really quite ill whenever I've used it before, but I may just need to adjust and get used to it.

Is the DLC worth getting?
I think so, End of Zoe especially. Not a Hero and End of Zoe are the mini-campaigns and there's lots of other mini-game DLC that doesn't add a whole lot but EoZ is a lot of fun.

Sweet Square

You can change the RE7 VR settings in the game because the standard settings can be pretty bad for people.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just need to finish the game in madhouse and collect all the antique coins for platinum.

As I've said, really enjoyed the game. The ship and salt mines were a bit crap though, and the last boss was rubbish aswell. Where the feck was the rocket launcher?

Art Vandelay

Just need to finish the game in madhouse and collect all the antique coins for platinum.

As I've said, really enjoyed the game. The ship and salt mines were a bit crap though, and the last boss was rubbish aswell. Where the feck was the rocket launcher?
What did you think of the ending? That's the main bit that I didn't like and the DLC confirming annoyed me more.

I don't like how the series moved gradually away from zombies either.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
What did you think of the ending? That's the main bit that I didn't like and the DLC confirming annoyed me more.

I don't like how the series moved gradually away from zombies either.
I didn't really know what to make of it. Chris Redfield looks different. And I find it a bit farfetched umbrella would still be allowed to operate purely because they've promised to make amends.

I'm gonna play through the Last of Us before I do the DLC on this. All I have played for the past month is Resident Evil, ready for a change.

Art Vandelay

I didn't really know what to make of it. Chris Redfield looks different. And I find it a bit farfetched umbrella would still be allowed to operate purely because they've promised to make amends.

I'm gonna play through the Last of Us before I do the DLC on this. All I have played for the past month is Resident Evil, ready for a change.
It came out around the same time as one of the animated films too so it had two Chris Redfield's at once. I was expecting a cool twist in the DLC. I was disappointed. One of the reasons I hope that after they are done with remaking 3 they reboot the canon and go off from there.

Chairman Steve

I think the way the RE Engine works is they have to use sophisticated photo scans of actual models so it'll be extremely hard to get them like for like with previous RE games. Devil May Cry 5 is going to have these nitpicks since DMC used an anime look on it's characters so now people will have to get used to see a more human looking Dante, Trish, Lady and Nero etc.

You gotta admit that Chris didn't look like a real human with those arm dimensions in 5 and 6... I'm kinda glad they scaled him backed to normal human proportion in 7 although I'd probably make his hair darker.