Richard Arnold secretly filmed whilst speaking to supporters

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Because there are careers where being a cnut is a trait critical to success.
I mean not really. It's just a career and somebody doing their job well enough that they move up the ladder. Besides what would being a cnut mean? That you have to fire the odd person? That's just standard life. There's nothing to suggest that Arnold is some shady person that did shady things to be where he is. Why start off with just disliking them because they are successful? Comes across as very bitter/jealous imo.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I mean not really. It's just a career and somebody doing their job well enough that they move up the ladder. Besides what would being a cnut mean? That you have to fire the odd person? That's just standard life. There's nothing to suggest that Arnold is some shady person that did shady things to be where he is. Why start off with just disliking them because they are successful? Comes across as very bitter/jealous imo.
It does to cnuts.

Keefy18

Remember the first time I lined up to enter Old Trafford. A drunk fan proceeded to call me and my three friends a suicide bomber. Not one person intervened, was so depressing.
Jesus, that is awful :(

That's the sad thing about football supporters, there's far, far too many idiots around the game.

It's a "working class" game and sadly too many people with poor education involve themselves going to games and "supporting" teams.

Dazzmondo

Fair play to Arnold for anwering questions and buying drinks for a bunch of cnuts who were threatening to protest outside the man's home. To go and record him after agreeing to have this meeting sums up what I increasingly think about large sections of the Utd fanbase.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
“Doesn’t care” but is off to the pub to get pissed. Sound.

Swedish_Plumber

Cba with the negativity yet was willing to go bother Mr Arnold at his home.

Feck off with the “feel sorry for me” me spiel.

Rolaholic

The sheer irony in these guys complaining about club leaks while actively recording this conversation in secret and leaking it online is insane :lol: :houllier:

Chairman Steve

The delusion is astounding :lol:

‘I’m going to publicly declare to stalk the club CEO to his house and then everyones calling me an asshole?!’

Are we sure he’s not a poster on here? That first line really does sound like a Caf line. If he mentioned an agenda or fans being toxic, I’m certain he would have an account on here.

moodyred

We are upset with dressing room leaking info etc and here we have our own fans filming Arnold without his knowledge and posting everything online. Was 200m transfer budget mentioned? If it was, you can expect Barca to want more for FDJ and make all our other transfer more difficult. Great work guys

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm not so sure why Arnold is getting praise here. fecking idiot allowed himself to get recorded talking about our finances when we're negotiating for De Jong and probably others.
He didn't. He was talking in generalities. He didn't say "our budget is £x".

He doesn't get any credit from me for this episode because I'll be basing all judgement on how he does his actual job, but he handled the situation about as well as he could be expected to, and better than I would have done upon learning that that bunch of scrotes were planning to turn up at my house.

Castia

Seems like we’ve been trying to put out the narrative that we won’t be over paying for players and want to build a stronger negotiation tactic going forward and this video ruins all that.

A few 40 year old football chavs thinking they’re the dogs bollocks ruined everything.I bet the lot of them went down to JD after this and bought a new pair of Gazzelle’s. Fecking losers.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
So 6 or 7 fellas decided off their own bat to protest outside RAs house instead of making a real statement of a planned protest where hundreds would of got a lot more coverage. RA hears about this so called protest and cuts them off at the pass which just happens to be his local pub. Arnold then gives a speel without actually saying anything of note other than most of the bad that's happened at the club has been gotten rid of and now the guy is a hero. Respect.

I've nothing against Arnold. A lot of positive changes under his watch have taken place but it all did seem a little staged and if he didn't think it was going to be recorded when in social media today people post what they have for lunch then maybe he isn't as clued up as being made out.

Of course he could just be a very brave fella willing to take on single handedly a mob of pissed up, angry United supporters and if that's the case then I take my hat off to him. The club is in good hands.

Herman Toothrot

Remember the first time I lined up to enter Old Trafford. A drunk fan proceeded to call me and my three friends a suicide bomber. Not one person intervened, was so depressing.
The one time I ever got the train from Old Trafford (can you even do that these days?) a bunch of fans were singing "we're alright, 'cos we're all white". Someone called me "a fecking yid" because I said he should chant that. There are cnuts out there and we are no different.

This "PR" conspiracy is fascinating. You think they faked the entire thing?! Yikes, some of you are really over inflating the worth of your opinion. Nobody cares what you think of Richard Arnold.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
This is the most scouse thing our supporters have ever done.

Jacko21

Gatekeeping fans who seem to force their opinions on a club through pure intimidation.
Yeah, the vigilante aspect is unsavoury. You have to have an inflated sense of your own importance to conclude that protesting outside someone's property is a reasonable measure.

I'm not crazy about the way self-styled groups like The 1958 think they can speak for the entire fanbase.

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Truly amazing opinions on this thread.

I don't agree with them necessarily releasing the hidden footage but if the club respected and communicated with its fans in a mature fashion - and by that I mean not just the fans licking their backside and journos who eat out of the club's hand - then maybe, just maybe this 'secret' filming would not have happened or be necessary.

The way some of you are going about this, you'd think he had been the best-run club in the world before this past season.

hobbers

Truly amazing opinions on this thread.

I don't agree with them necessarily releasing the hidden footage but if the club respected and communicated with its fans in a mature fashion - and by that I mean not just the fans licking their backside and journos who eat out of the club's hand - then maybe, just maybe this 'secret' filming would not have happened or be necessary.

The way some of you are going about this, you'd think he had been the best-run club in the world before this past season.
Rubbish, of course it would still have happened.

The guy who filmed and posted it is clearly thick as several dozen planks and desperate for twitter followers. He'd have done it even if we'd won the last 3 league titles on the bounce.

Speako

I can just imagine the responses to Arnold, “well yeah you know Ricky here used to play for Salford under elevens back in the day, and Jim, Jim once ran a depot for a day, so you know, we totally understand the job you’ve got on there fella, but could you just you know, kick the Glazers out an’ that”. Christ.

Chairman Steve

I can just imagine the responses to Arnold, “well yeah you know Ricky here used to play for Salford under elevens back in the day, and Jim, Jim once ran a depot for a day, so you know, we totally understand the job you’ve got on there fella, but could you just you know, kick the Glazers out an’ that”. Christ.
“I can only stay for one pint, Mr Arnold. Ive got to collect and cash my giro cheque in half an hour”

Hughie77

If the supporters went to his house , press would turn it in to another top story of bollocks they went there with thus and done that etc with no substance to it.
He goes to a pub and sees them gives them the truth which should be respected its no secret what he's said its nothing more than the crappy pundits have been saying for a while. He's seen them an been honest . The person who has filmed it and sold it cannot be a serious UTD fan. At least there is clarity on what is happening albeit from a situation like this.
Glazers have turned our club into a fecking circus without a tent.

Frank Grimes

He didn't. He was talking in generalities. He didn't say "our budget is £x".

He doesn't get any credit from me for this episode because I'll be basing all judgement on how he does his actual job, but he handled the situation about as well as he could be expected to, and better than I would have done upon learning that that bunch of scrotes were planning to turn up at my house.
I never said he said "our budget was x". He did however give very strong indications that we have no money constraints in relation to the
De Jong deal and possibly others.

This compromises Murtough's ability to negotiate the De Jong deal as cheaply as possible. It could be the difference between a signing in another position or not.

I have no problem with him meeting the fans but make sure they put they're phones away ffs and everything is off record.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This compromises Murtough's ability to negotiate the De Jong deal as cheaply as possible.
That's a stretch and a half, surely.

As others have said already, it's not like his only negotiation tactic is to pretend we're skint.

And even in a scenario where part of his strategy is to pretend we have less money to spend than we actually do - he could just say that Arnold was trying to placate the fans (er...which is probably true, but that's another thing).

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I never said he said "our budget was x". He did however give very strong indications that we have no money constraints in relation to the
De Jong deal and possibly others.

This compromises Murtough's ability to negotiate the De Jong deal as cheaply as possible. It could be the difference between a signing in another position or not.

I have no problem with him meeting the fans but make sure they put they're phones away ffs and everything is off record.
He's said no more and no less than "we have money", and every club on earth already knows we have money (and that we usually spend it when we miss out on CL). It doesn't change our position in negotiations at all.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Rubbish, of course it would still have happened.

The guy who filmed and posted it is clearly thick as several dozen planks and desperate for twitter followers. He'd have done it even if we'd won the last 3 league titles on the bounce.
Can you also tell me the lottery numbers, Nostradamus?

You seem to know a lot.

Frank Grimes

That's a stretch and a half, surely.

As others have said already, it's not like his only negotiation tactic is to pretend we're skint.

And even in a scenario where part of his strategy is to pretend we have less money to spend than we actually do - he could just say that Arnold was trying to placate the fans (er...which is probably true, but that's another thing).
He's said no more and no less than "we have money", and every club on earth already knows we have money (and that we usually spend it when we miss out on CL). It doesn't change our position in negotiations at all.

He clearly said to the fans "money is no consideration, if the manager wants the player". Not sure how you don't think that this is music to Barcelona ears but I'll leave it there as obviously you do not agree that saying stuff like this matters and I do.

Oranges038

Those gowls shouldn't be recording him for a start, he should find them and sue the shit out of them.

But, I would expect him to be resign soon enough because of this.

Don't see how club can try and clamp down on all the leaks and then have this lad being recorded talking shite down the pub.