Richardson!!!!

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I have to lend my vote to the anti richardson brigade ... three or so good goals don't make a career.

Maybe he could in time play a scholeslike role (but I think his passing is way to wayward) because he's a rubbish left winger

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Epic said:
seems like he always scores for us when he plays in the centre of midfield
exactly. i think he should play in the middle. he has pace and tenacity, but when playing on the left wing takes away a lot of space, being pushed too wide. i think he plays better in the middle where he has more space to roam and create chances for himself and others. dont play him on the left anymore.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
REVELZ said:
Richardson has always been a good player, he had a few bad games, so did Rooney..
:lol:
What are you people discussing?
Richardson is awful.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
They're lazy, I'll give you that

What do you want mate, dates and times and video clips? I've watched him for years, in the reserves and all...never rated him. He has a terrific shot, and his technique, though sometimes erratic, is alright. But his decision-making is terrible....he's got no brain.

He also thinks he's it, which could be good or bad...a bit of arrogance is a good thing, but not if it's stopping him learning. And I've not seen much improvement.

He's not even that fast...people are always saying he is, and he's no slouch, but he's no speed-merchant either

He's nowhere near a top-level player...just watching him is enough to tell you that

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's a good young squad player with a positive upside. That's all. No need to knock him every chance we get imo.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ah, but don't forget the negative downside. Not to mention his short untallness, and his slow lack of pace.

fatboy

Richardson is one of those frustrating players. Good in one game, totally shite in the next. He's got the skills and a good shot on him, but somehow generally plays well only when the team is already doing fine ... not a player to come onto the pitch and turn the match around. Decent squad player.

> Pennant (& cost a lot less)

Ferguson

Richardson hasn't played much despite the injuries to Giggs and Park that left us with a lack of width on the pitch. The reason for this is that Richardson was horrible at keeping possession and awful at crossing the ball. As an attacking central midfielder his weaknesses are masked, but he failed in the CM role against the better teams as well. He hasn't shown improvement for too long now.

Suresh

Successfully neg-repped Bury Red and all I got was
He has had a few good games, notably as left-back last season. However this has been few and far in between, whether due to injuries or generally being shite when given the opportunity. Can't see him being in the squad for long if he doesn't come up with some kind of consistency.

Ixion

Hes crap, will be sold by next season. Hopefully.

KanieKaned

Personally I think he's shit swhould have stayed with West Brom

He has got a good shot but the doesnt make you a good footballer.

He hasnt got a football brain
He's over confident and arrogant thinking he's the cheese when he's fecking knob cheese. Cant cross and can barely pass at time. Has a little bit of pace to his game thats it really.

Needs to get his head out of his ass and work on his game or else will slip into mediocrity which he's finding himself in now

rrarraroon

youth team player
Well it is not like SAF is using him for big games. He came on at what? 2-0? Would you guys rather we recalled Martin just to come on at 2-0 to rest our good players? I think not. He is quality for what he is, a squad player.

robthered

choiboyx012 said:
exactly. i think he should play in the middle. he has pace and tenacity, but when playing on the left wing takes away a lot of space, being pushed too wide. i think he plays better in the middle where he has more space to roam and create chances for himself and others. dont play him on the left anymore.
Sack Scholes. Play Richardson

He made an effort on goal that luckily went in. Still, if you dont make chances you dont get goals in the first place. Hopefully that goal will do wonders for his confidence. He does have a goal threat about him and needs to show it more often.

Waitey

He has never impressed me at all, surely he cant improve much more on his current game. As been said his passing, vision and technique is shocking considering he is playing for one of the worlds top clubs.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Red Dreams said:
think he is better in the middle of the park than when he is played on the wing though.
Yep, that's what I've been saying since his West Brom days. He played in a more attacking central midfield role for them, and basically led a one-man crusade to keep them in the premiership. And his best games for us seem to be when he roams around and moves into the centre a fair bit (I don't think he's ever actually played in the middle for a full game for us, has he?).

The problem is that we can't afford to test him there in games that matter, so we'll never know how well he could actually do for us.