Richarlison | Tottenham watch

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
He's not consistent enough. We have too many players who are world beaters half a dozen times a season already. We need a squad full of ones who will give you 8/10 most weeks.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think he's already a useful player to have and I fully expect him to improve in the upcoming seasons. Therefore he's worth the purchase IMO.

I can definitely see him becoming a Mane-caliber player and then we'll be all left wondering why he wasn't signed.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’ve been advocating for a few weeks now that he becomes part of our summer plans. He’s only 21, got pace, power, skills, and good in air. Linkup play is better than Lukaku.

Stick 2 fast wingers either side of him, and play him number 9. Give them the time to grow and prosper together and in a few years we will have the best attack in the PL

We need to stop thinking instant success and have patience

the hea

I like him and think he will improve in the coming seasons but Everton will demand an absolute fortune for him. They paid 40m for him last summer and he still has 4 years left on his contract so they would probably demand 60m-70m for him.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think he's already a useful player to have and I fully expect him to improve in the upcoming seasons. Therefore he's worth the purchase IMO.

I can definitely see him becoming a Mane-caliber player and then we'll be all left wondering why he wasn't signed.
It's funny you say that because that might be the case now but I do remember when there was all the talk we was interested in him there was an awful lot of folk claiming he wasn't good enough for us and van Gaal didn't know what he was doing, why are we looking to buy players from Southampton.

ROFLUTION

I’ve been advocating for a few weeks now that he becomes part of our summer plans. He’s only 21, got pace, power, skills, and good in air. Linkup play is better than Lukaku.

Stick 2 fast wingers either side of him, and play him number 9. Give them the time to grow and prosper together and in a few years we will have the best attack in the PL

We need to stop thinking instant success and have patience
Completely agree with this. Richarlison has the talent and I believe he's a more natural finisher than Rashford too. Certainly fits the bill of which type of striker we could use.

#CR7

If we are looking at PL proven players then he is one of the best available.

Can play anywhere across the front 3, hard working and already playing at a high level with plenty of room for improvement.

Exactly the type of player we should be targeting.

Charles Miller

I'm following his development in the Premier League and i think he is becoming what you call" flat track bully". Hardly scoring against top sides. It could be either due to Everton not be dominant in those games or an indication of his level. He is young and could improve tough.

Should not sign players with that profile in the moment. I think United should put all the money to sign three clear wc players to form a top front 3.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm following his development in the Premier League and i think he is becoming what you call" flat track bully". Hardly scoring against top sides. It could be either due to Everton not be dominant in those games or an indication of his level. He is young and could improve tough.

Should not sign players with that profile in the moment. I think United should put all the money to sign three clear wc players to form a top front 3.
Ronaldo at one point was a bit of a flat track bully. Henry too. Scoring lots of goals is usually a good sign even if not all players kick on as they get older e.g. Higuain, nevertheless many of them do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

He isn’t a striker and he has 14 goals this season in the league. Yes, he’s played as a centre forward this year but he’s also been moved from LW to CF to RW with no issue. He’s very good and not very ‘brazilian’ in the traditional sense of samba style technique. I’ve been very surprised by his defensive work rate this season and coupled with his forward play he’s more than making up for his price.

He’s at the right club and managed right now for his development though as you say but he has the ability to play for a CL club with a bit more training.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
He's not consistent enough. We have too many players who are world beaters half a dozen times a season already. We need a squad full of ones who will give you 8/10 most weeks.
He’s only 21 though. He will be incredible in a few years.

ArjenIsM3

He isn’t a striker and he has 14 goals this season in the league. Yes, he’s played as a centre forward this year but he’s also been moved from LW to CF to RW with no issue. He’s very good and not very ‘brazilian’ in the traditional sense of samba style technique. I’ve been very surprised by his defensive work rate this season and coupled with his forward play he’s more than making up for his price.

He’s at the right club and managed right now for his development though as you say but he has the ability to play for a CL club with a bit more training.
You're right his technique isn't very Brazilian but it's still good. Good vision and good passing too. He'd walk into our team as a RW.

Charles Miller

Yes, i think he is doing well there. He is not a super talent but could be an excellent player in some years. He is playing in the wrong side so its a surprise he managed to score 14 goals. I believe he would score much more playing in the left, but they have a very good combo in Bernard-Digne there.

ROFLUTION

You're right his technique isn't very Brazilian but it's still good. Good vision and good passing too. He'd walk into our team as a RW.
Depends on what you mean by Brazilian. He's quite a good dribbler, but he's not doing 5 step-overs or dancing samba before dribbling

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
13 PL goals this season. Not bad that, considering his all round game offers a hell of a lot in link up, hold up, running channels etc etc

ROFLUTION

13 PL goals this season. Not bad that, considering his all round game offers a hell of a lot in link up, hold up, running channels etc etc
Yeah loads of that. Running around a lot creating a lot of space for others. His major force I'd say. I'd love us to sign him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Given we're linked with pretty much everyone, I keep waiting for us to be linked with him. He'd share the burden with Rashford and would definitely fit the style Ole apparently wants to pursue.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Given we're linked with pretty much everyone, I keep waiting for us to be linked with him. He'd share the burden with Rashford and would definitely fit the style Ole apparently wants to pursue.
We were linked with him a couple of times recently.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yes, i think he is doing well there. He is not a super talent but could be an excellent player in some years. He is playing in the wrong side so its a surprise he managed to score 14 goals. I believe he would score much more playing in the left, but they have a very good combo in Bernard-Digne there.

Bernard is shit though. Zero end product, just fannies about a lot achieving nothing.

Runs around a bit and has decent technique so for some reason is semi-rated but 1 goal 3 assists in the league all season is absolutely woeful considering he's a starter/regular.

Walcott has had a properly shit season, but even he's managed to score 5 and assist 2. I get that not everything is about stats but when you're a wide man who can't contribute goals and can't contribute assists, the feck are you doing?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wasn’t sure at first at Watford, but I’m a firm believer now. See him with a good chance of being the next Suarez/Costa type of centre forward as a real street fighter who will bully defenders and has ability too.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bernard is shit though. Zero end product, just fannies about a lot achieving nothing.

Runs around a bit and has decent technique so for some reason is semi-rated but 1 goal 3 assists in the league all season is absolutely woeful considering he's a starter/regular.

Walcott has had a properly shit season, but even he's managed to score 5 and assist 2. I get that not everything is about stats but when you're a wide man who can't contribute goals and can't contribute assists, the feck are you doing?
I disagree. He was rubbish at first but it just took him a while to settle to the league which is not surprising considering his stature. His output needs a definitive improvement, but so does all of our forward line apart from Gylfi and Richarlison. Bernard is technically excellent and his movement off and on the ball is a big part of why Digne has had a great season too. Pienaar didn’t have one of the best outputs either but he was a vital cog in our left side during a period in which Baines was arguably one of the best LBs in the world. Bernard offers that compliment to Digne too.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I disagree. He was rubbish at first but it just took him a while to settle to the league which is not surprising considering his stature. His output needs a definitive improvement, but so does all of our forward line apart from Gylfi and Richarlison. Bernard is technically excellent and his movement off and on the ball is a big part of why Digne has had a great season too. Pienaar didn’t have one of the best outputs either but he was a vital cog in our left side during a period in which Baines was arguably one of the best LBs in the world. Bernard offers that compliment to Digne too.
His output is the worst out of your forward line though, and he's not a kid but a 26 year old in the prime of his career. Scoring 1 goal and getting 2 assists in 20 odd games isn't remotely good enough, even if he does work well with Digne. In the modern game wide players are expected to deliver goals and assists and he's managed to do worse in that respect than a Theo Walcott who is past his best and having probably his worst season ever.

I get your point regarding Pienarr, but at his best he was twice as productive as Bernard, he still wasn't ripping it up in that respect but he was contributing. Too often when I watch you he seems a bit of a damp squib of a player, not capable of having decisive moments and I really doubt he strikes any fear in to opposition players. Being good technically and working hard isn't enough for a starting wide player if you want to be making that step up next season, imo one of your biggest priorities should be bringing in another player like Richarlison, someone else who actually scares defenders.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
He looks like an unsullied.
:lol:

I think he’d be a good addition to your team, although he’ll be expensive as hell. Everton paid £50m for him if I’m not mistaken, so they’d likely ask for 70 if not more. Not sure if you’ll be willing to pay that kind of money for him.