SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Would love nothing more than for us to stay up and for him to come home. :(

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A lesson for the ‘Premier League proven’ brigade.

TsuWave

That’s actually quite pathetic from Antonio and Wilson, in my opinion.
:confused: they’re just joking, it’s not that serious.

In a time in which there’s a serious disconnect between the standard of living of fans and the multimillionaires involved in the sport - players included - I find it endearing seeing players discussing the game and bantering like regular folks do. It’s also nice to see some personality. I’m sure if Richarlison scores against their teams, he’ll get his lick back.

Oranges038

Do the yellows for taking your shirt off get taken away if the goal is disallowed?

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
He isn't a great player just decent. I was very surprised to see him start for Brazil considering that country's heritage with forwards. He then scored a worldie, and that seemed to confirm his status as an elite player, but I will never see that in him. I think it was more of a reinforcement of the fact that Brazil were not as great as they were made up to be this WC as you had guys like Paqueta and Richarlison starting.

RVN1991

10x the player weghorst is for sure. I'll reserve judgement on him until next season, he has been injured a lot and has been behind son who's undroppable even if his form has been way below par this season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That’s actually quite pathetic from Antonio and Wilson, in my opinion.
Definitely.
He isn't a great player just decent. I was very surprised to see him start for Brazil considering that country's heritage with forwards. He then scored a worldie, and that seemed to confirm his status as an elite player, but I will never see that in him. I think it was more of a reinforcement of the fact that Brazil were not as great as they were made up to be this WC as you had guys like Paqueta and Richarlison starting.
He’s better for Brazil than Jesus is.

Righteous Steps

It’s an NBA thing.

Also, it’s not ‘bantering’ if the person isn’t even present, it’s just being a cnut that’s talking shit.

Also, feck ‘bantz’ culture as well, hard.
Its not an NBA thing, players don’t regularly do this even in the NBA that’s more the likes of Stephen A and co, but I don’t think having a laugh over something pretty irrelevant is exclusive to any culture.

Players are allowed to have a personality and laugh about things just like anyone else.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Definitely.

He’s better for Brazil than Jesus is.
I would have been surprised to see Jesus starting as well. I just dont see either as starting material. Jesus would have provided more but Richarlison was more of a goal scoring threat. But looking at the top WC teams I cannot say that Richarlison was at the level I would expect from Brazil.

Abraxas

He seems to get tough press on here, but I'd have him in an absolute heartbeat over Anthony Martial lumbering around up the pitch doing nothing. I think he'd actually be playing pretty well for us as a striker and with the same trust ETH gives to his oaf like current strike force.

He's not brilliant but in hindsight it was the wrong move, at least until Kane disapears. You're not going to excel when one of the best strikers in the world occupies your position.

Real Name

10x the player weghorst is for sure. I'll reserve judgement on him until next season, he has been injured a lot and has been behind son who's undroppable even if his form has been way below par this season.
When you compare him to WW, sure he is better.

marktan

I'm backing him to have a great season for Spurs. Finally has a good rest after playing a shit ton of games, and not being a sub / injured like last season should help him.

Him and Bissouma are two players I badly wanted at United last season. Neither did well under Conte. But I'm thinking they might do better under a more progressive manager. Hopefully this prediction goes better than my ASM one..

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I'm backing him to have a great season for Spurs. Finally has a good rest after playing a shit ton of games, and not being a sub / injured like last season should help him.

Him and Bissouma are two players I badly wanted at United last season. Neither did well under Conte. But I'm thinking they might do better under a more progressive manager. Hopefully this prediction goes better than my ASM one..
Not a high bar to have a better season. I think he is an ok striker, but nothing more than that, hard worker without and off the ball though, constantly makes runs to drag defenders and will be better in a pressing team.

With Kane on the way to Bayern now he has to step up and be the main man.