Film Ridley Scott is making Gladiator 2

Idxomer

Mescal is a good actor but seems a bit wrong for this kind of film.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I've only seen Paul Mescal in After Sun but he was excellent in that. Seems destined for big things.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
One of my favorite films as a kid, but I find it absolutely shit now.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
One of my favorite films as a kid, but I find it absolutely shit now.
I thought it held up pretty well actually, especially seeing what happened after.

(Some of the sword fights doo seem clunky to be fair)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Some movies don't need a sequel. This is one of them.

RedDevilQuebecois

The more Ridley films the better.
He said a few years ago that he wanted to depict the Battle of Britain as his top project. Surprised he has not gone on that path as of yet, especially after Darkest Hour and Dunkirk did very well to depict the events that preceded that turning point of the war.

EtH

I seriously thought Robin Hood was Gladiator 2.

So this is news to me.

We need an rvn

Some movies don't need a sequel. This is one of them.
It might be gladiator 2 by name, but I can’t see it being a proper sequel due to the fact most of the main characters died, plus maximus’ son and wife were murdered at the start so no one to revenge him etc.

Will be some bogus theme set in the same era, but that’s all it can have in common

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
File this under "good movies that no asked or wanted a sequel for."

Sweet Square

He said a few years ago that he wanted to depict the Battle of Britain as his top project. Surprised he has not gone on that path as of yet, especially after Darkest Hour and Dunkirk did very well to depict the events that preceded that turning point of the war.
Oh didn’t know about that. Would have been interesting to see his take. I know he is currently in the process of finishing a film about Napoleon. Tbh he seems to non stop working so maybe we’ll get the Battle Of Britain some point in the future.Crazy that he is 85 years old and still going strong.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It might be gladiator 2 by name, but I can’t see it being a proper sequel due to the fact most of the main characters died, plus maximus’ son and wife were murdered at the start so no one to revenge him etc.

Will be some bogus theme set in the same era, but that’s all it can have in common
Nick Cave has got you covered.

*Sadly it doesn't sound like they're doing his script.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
:lol::lol: I just read cave’s proposed script - WOW - afterlife, elisium becomes hell, gods :houllier:
A friend of mine told me about it years ago. He's a massive Nick Cave fan and had read the whole thing. That's why I found it and downloaded it.

Edit: At least that's what I recall right now. Totally possible I'm imagining that it was ever publicly available :lol:

stevoc

Oh dear. Which other film from the 90's - 00's will be mauled into a sequel next?

Alcatraz Redemption?
Shirpser's List?
I'm still waiting for the sequel to Passion of the Christ.

Passion of the Christ 2 - Crucify This!

ExoduS

The level of lack of creativity in Hollywood is astonishing. Just make a gladiator like movie and give it a more unique name. This is just an attempt to tap in the success of the first movie.