Rio Ferdinand advises Harry Kane to move on

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Nah. Shearer is an example that players might wants to stay in the "boyhood" club rather than thinking about winning trophy. Although, Shearer at that time already won PL while Kane has won nothing so far.

Kostov

I'd love him in a United shirt, but it is never going to happen. Levy will be asking for a 200m fee and let's be honest why would he move here?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So you think Tottenham dont want to win trophies or work hard to improve? United has not been close to winning the league or CL since Sir Alex left. There is nothing that indicates basef on last 4-5 years performances that United are gonna win anything big next 2-3 years. You want Pogba to waste his prime on United working hard to improve with the vision of Woodward and the Glazers? Im just saying you cant tell Kane to leave and not do the same for Pogba based on footballing reason.
Our club has spent more money than Tottenham post Sir Alex. It shows that we have more ambition to change it but our club is run by bunch of clueless and that's why we are not making any progress. However, we have the money to keep make it possible.

Tottenham on the other hand was closed to win the league twice but they never show any indication to improve their squad in the next following season, even they have one season where they lost Dembele & sign nobody. They were happy with settling top 4.

I think a lot of our fans don't mind to let players like DDG & Pogba go since they deserve better. I'm pretty sure Rio & Evra had the same thought.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Not sure where the comparisons with Pogba are coming from. Kane, albeit a cnut, has been consistently delivering for how many seasons now, season in, season out. Pogba's got nothing to do with consistency.

A-man

If he was being objective, he would, but Rio is United through and through.
That’s what I always thought but maybe United was just his “elsewhere” where he could win his trophies :(

Eric's Seagull

If he was to leave it would be for a mega fee which I'm not sure is correct but could be £250m. I don't think there is a chance we would ever pay that, as it is our transfer budget plus a bit more.

flappyjay

I would respect that point of view if he said same thing about Pogba. This is the problem with ex players and their bias. Pogba is 26 year old world cup winner and world class player. Why should he stay at United and Kane leave spurs?
Pogba actually seems to be looking to go. No one needs to tell him to move on

Member 90887

It's a shame he won't come to united as he's a player we really need right now. Moving to united would be a step down.
A step down from what ? a Spurs team that won nothing ? a Spurs team that's 2 points above a United side with the worst start in his PL history ?

pacifictheme

He was stupid signing that long contract. There is no way Levy sells him, let alone to us. He is now one of football's unbuyables, which is a shame for him as he's unlikely to win any significant trophies.
We won't be rebuilding by buying the likes of kane. Why would he join us if its trophies he wants? City bound if anywhere in england.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I would respect that point of view if he said same thing about Pogba. This is the problem with ex players and their bias. Pogba is 26 year old world cup winner and world class player. Why should he stay at United and Kane leave spurs?
Pogba has already got a hugely impressive trophy haul. Kane has won nothing.

Oldyella

Pogba already has a trophy haul that the majority of players would be envious of. Not to add, there's no need to tell Pogba he should move on, by all accounts he worked it out himself months ago.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
So you think Tottenham dont want to win trophies or work hard to improve? United has not been close to winning the league or CL since Sir Alex left. There is nothing that indicates basef on last 4-5 years performances that United are gonna win anything big next 2-3 years. You want Pogba to waste his prime on United working hard to improve with the vision of Woodward and the Glazers? Im just saying you cant tell Kane to leave and not do the same for Pogba based on footballing reason.
I suppose you have to bear in mind Rio was with BT talking about Spurs in light of that hammering against Bayern, so he'll naturally discuss the situation of Spurs players such as Kane. I certainly take the point though, Rio has only really talked about Pogba's conduct as part of a United team (praised his form when Ole first came in, wants him to shut his agent up etc.) so it would be good to get his take on Pogba's future now Ole is under pressure.

kps88

He will be an underwhelming signing for what will inevitably be a ridiculous fee.

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
Should never have signed that contract. It was obvious Spurs would never win a trophy. Now it’ll be almost impossible for him to move.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He will be an underwhelming signing for what will inevitably be a ridiculous fee.
Really? Why?

If Kane leaves it wont be until he is 28 and at his peak IMO so 2 more years. Will wish him all the best where ever he ends up but he is not done with us yet.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Our club has spent more money than Tottenham post Sir Alex. It shows that we have more ambition to change it but our club is run by bunch of clueless and that's why we are not making any progress. However, we have the money to keep make it possible.

Tottenham on the other hand was closed to win the league twice but they never show any indication to improve their squad in the next following season, even they have one season where they lost Dembele & sign nobody. They were happy with settling top 4.

I think a lot of our fans don't mind to let players like DDG & Pogba go since they deserve better. I'm pretty sure Rio & Evra had the same thought.
Cause you have vastly more income than us, we cant come close to your spending power, such a stupid comment.

jackal&hyde

I suppose you have to bear in mind Rio was with BT talking about Spurs in light of that hammering against Bayern, so he'll naturally discuss the situation of Spurs players such as Kane. I certainly take the point though, Rio has only really talked about Pogba's conduct as part of a United team (praised his form when Ole first came in, wants him to shut his agent up etc.) so it would be good to get his take on Pogba's future now Ole is under pressure.
It's hardly appropriate from a United fan right now to discuss to much about Spurs downfall, however, i do think there is a critical difference here. United has a very young team and is well in the process of building up experience to the youth (not just academy players but Bissaka, James, Rashford, McTominay, Martial are yet to reach their peak) and also have the financial power to fix the problem areas of the team. Now, if this will work or not is another matter. The problem is Spurs will most likely need 2 new CDs, probably 2 new fullbacks, a new creative mid...that is a lot for a club that doesn't like to spend. Things will get worse for them before it gets better, while United and Chelsea have a chance of building something that has already started this year.

Kane, like Berbatov, Carrick and Walker before him, is probably thinking of leaving for the sake of his career, as he should imo.

Last edited:

kps88

Really? Why?

If Kane leaves it wont be until he is 28 and at his peak IMO so 2 more years. Will wish him all the best where ever he ends up but he is not done with us yet.
I feel like he would have given his best years to Spurs and would be very overpriced. You'd expect 4-5 years of top performances for 100m plus.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
I would argue United would do better going after the Salzburg striker who has an incredible haul of goals from open play. Kane scored 11 goals this season for both club & country. 5 of those were penalties. He has better stats if you focus on only the League so far this season, with 5 goals but 1 of them is a penalty. Just to put it into context, Aubameyang is 7 goals in 7 games in the League, none of them penalties.

In fact, Aubameyang's stats compared to Kane's get more interesting the closer you look. Aubameyang had a higher number of goals and also a higher number of assists than Kane last season, with more goals from open play as %, and a higher goals-to-minutes ratio than Kane as well as a higher goals-from-shots conversion rate. He beats Kane on literally every metric imaginable.

And Kane this season has a lot more competition, from the likes of Abraham, Wilson, Vardy, Salah, Aguero, Aubameyang etc.

I think United should be careful about paying megabucks for Kane if he's truly declining. He would have to consistently score from open play if he comes to United and improve on his form stretching back to last season.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I feel like he would have given his best years to Spurs and would be very overpriced. You'd expect 4-5 years of top performances for 100m plus.
If he leaves at 27-28 he would have 3 years at the top, Hazard went for £90M in the last year of his contract and hes a lazy fecker relying on when he decides he wants to play.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I would argue United would do better going after the Salzburg striker who has an incredible haul of goals from open play. Kane scored 11 goals this season for both club & country. 5 of those were penalties. He has better stats if you focus on only the League so far this season, with 5 goals but 1 of them is a penalty. Just to put it into context, Aubameyang is 7 goals in 7 games in the League, none of them penalties.

In fact, Aubameyang's stats compared to Kane's get more interesting the closer you look. Aubameyang had a higher number of goals and also a higher number of assists than Kane last season, with more goals from open play as %, and a higher goals-to-minutes ratio than Kane as well as a higher goals-from-shots conversion rate. He beats Kane on literally every metric imaginable.

And Kane this season has a lot more competition, from the likes of Abraham, Wilson, Vardy, Salah, Aguero, Aubameyang etc.

I think United should be careful about paying megabucks for Kane if he's truly declining. He would have to consistently score from open play if he comes to United and improve on his form stretching back to last season.
He's what?

Green_Red

Nah, too late(or early) for that. For the time being there's only one striker we're looking at, even putting money aside to make that happen once he tells us he's ready to come :cool:
Lakaku?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Cause you have vastly more income than us, we cant come close to your spending power, such a stupid comment.
It means that some players can still believe in United that they could still make progress due to we have the money to make it happen while Spurs doesn't have the money or spending power to make the progress thus why some people or players might believe in them to make any further progress.

That's why Spurs players are being told to leave by pundits or other players if they want to win trophy while at United you have less chance to be told like that than at Spurs. So no it's not a stupid comment.

romufc

He'd be perfect for us.

He can do something none of our strikers can do:

- Hold the ball up
- Create chances
- Head the ball
- Put the ball in the net

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It means that some players can still believe in United that they could still make progress due to we have the money to make it happen while Spurs doesn't have the money or spending power to make the progress thus why some people or players might believe in them to make any further progress.

That's why Spurs players are being told to leave by pundits or other players if they want to win trophy while at United you have less chance to be told like that than at Spurs. So no it's not a stupid comment.
Yes it is you are saying spending money is the only way to show ambition, or that indeed if you cant spend money you have no ambition, its just elitist bullshit.

tonnas

Kane shot himself when he signed that 5 year deal.

kps88

If he leaves at 27-28 he would have 3 years at the top, Hazard went for £90M in the last year of his contract and hes a lazy fecker relying on when he decides he wants to play.
Do you think he's as good now as he was 2-3 years back? I don't watch him every week but I feel he's lost a bit of pace and sharpness.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Do you think he's as good now as he was 2-3 years back? I don't watch him every week but I feel he's lost a bit of pace and sharpness.
He's a much better all round player if you want me to be totally honest, his hold up play, his passing, his awareness. 2-3 years back he was criticized massively for being selfish and goal hungry, last season he was injured and honestly from November on as a team we were gash. Also Poch is asking him to play deeper or he is having to come deep to get the ball. If he is played as a striker and feed as a striker he will score, simple. Hes going a bit like Rooney (without the fitness problems) in that he is being asked to do more than he should.