Music RIP Charlie Watts

bleedred

Charlie Watts: Rolling Stones drummer dies at 80

Red Stone

This has fecked my day up. The Stones are one of my favourite bands and Charlie was truly one of a kind. Such a cool, understated style, and proof that you don't need a massive fancy kit to drum in a rock and roll band.

One anecdote relates that in the mid-1980s, an intoxicated Mick Jagger phoned Charlie Watts's hotel room in the middle of the night, asking, "Where's my drummer?" Watts reportedly got up, shaved, dressed in a suit, put on a tie and freshly shined shoes, descended the stairs, and punched Jagger in the face, saying: "Don't ever call me your drummer again. You're my fecking singer!"
Legend.

Wilt

World’s Greatest Rock n Roll Band

RIP Charlie Watts

Tarrou

what a life he had, over half a century in one of the greatest rock bands in history

RIP

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Very sad. Unfortunately we are goin to see more of these rockers from the 60s and 70s go away. Seen the Stones so many times and each time it was like walking into a party with thousands of people. “Get Yer Ya Yas Out” is still my fav live album. The beginning of Honky Tonk woman off that album where Mick shouts out “ Charlie’s good tonight isnt he?” is just classic. RIP