NYAS

Just announced on Sky News.

Rest In Peace.

Wilt

Oh no that’s very sad.

Rest in peace Nobby

Legend

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Man, myth, legend in every sense of the words. RIP.

Ivor Ballokov

A European Cup winner with Manchester United in 1968, Stiles will be forever remembered for his victory jig at Wembley two years earlier, clutching the Jules Rimet trophy in one hand, the “Toothless Tiger’s” false teeth in the other.

“It’s still the biggest thing that happened to me,” Stiles, who also played for Middlesbrough and Preston, told the Guardian in 2002. “Everyone still wants a piece of you because of it. To be fair, I’m not as busy as some of the other lads. But wherever you go, what you did means so much to people. Not just lads of my age, you’d expect that. But kids of me grandkids’ age, they come up to me and go: ‘Hey, you, you’re the fella with no teeth who danced round Wembley, aren’t you?’ In a way, you end up belonging to everyone.”
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nner-with-england-1966-manchester-united-dies

Thought this was a lovely way of looking at it.

RIP Nobby

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
RIP Nobby, one of United's and England's unsung heroes.
The guy in the team who did the dirty work, tackling, closing down, pressing etc, never afraid to leave his mark. Without him Bobby Charlton, Paddy Crerand et al would never have had the freedom to express themselves, and had the opportunity to attack teams, think of Fred in today's squad, does the nitty gritty work that tends to go unappreciated, and therefore, unloved by football purists.
Not many of the World Cup winning team left now.

cj_sparky

Always sad to lose a legend, gutted Old Trafford won't be full at the weekend to salute the man.

RIP Nobby