Riyad Mahrez | Signed new contract at Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

itso 7

Most on here are looking at this issue from a wrong perspective imo, I'd rather we look at this wholistically - taking into account what we have and what we lack. In addition to lacking creativity ftom central areas we do not have someone with consistent end product like Mahrez and this player could be the one that helps unlock the potential we have in Martial and Memphis - we all know that Memphis is a good finisher/scorer but we aren't putting the ball in dangerous positions often enough to get the most out of both him, Martial and possibly Mata.
He is quick, can cross and can beat his man, sometimes it's the simple things that make the greatest difference. Leicester City haven't needed to sign Neymar or Bale to gate crush the top of the log equation and we shouldn't either.

Jerch

We really should sign him. Saw that potential in him last season already when he played really well in their escape run. But I thought that he is just a good player in great form but this form now last for whole season.

Iron Stove

I'm all for signing him. Great age, skill, pace, end product. He might not be all that defensively, but neither are some of the players we are currently carrying without offering half as much in attack as he does for Leicester.

He could be our Douglas Costa.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He'd transform our right wing compared to what Mata and Lingard are offering. Get it done.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Can you really see him leaving Leicester to join a team like Utd?

Also LVG will turn him into turd class within 4 weeks!!

El Zoido

He's been incredible. His goal tonight was absolutely top top drawer.

Flying_Heckfish

He'd be great if we change our approach, at the moment he's better off in an attacking side.

Imagine a counter attacking side with Memphis, Martial and Mahrez.. could be insane

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can you really see him leaving Leicester to join a team like Utd?

Also LVG will turn him into turd class within 4 weeks!!
Eh, of course he would, it would be a no brainer for him.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Eh, of course he would, it would be a no brainer for him.
He's playing the best football ever, if he joins Utd (under LVG) you could almost guarantee he would simply become mediocre!

ivaldo

He's playing the best football ever, if he joins Utd (under LVG) you could almost guarantee he would simply become mediocre!
He is, he also knows that Leicester will never maintain this level of football, add to that a massive increase in his salary and income from commercial opportunities for playing for a sporting giant and it starts to become a little more appealing.

Smores

He is, he also knows that Leicester will never maintain this level of football, add to that a massive increase in his salary and income from commercial opportunities for playing for a sporting giant and it starts to become a little more appealing.
Hope he stills til the end of season personally. He'll still get a decent opportunity somewhere if he waits but he may end up doing special with Leicester this season

Robbie Boy

He's very talented and has gradually improved since signing for Leicester. I feel he could really thrive at a top club.

ivaldo

Hope he stills til the end of season personally. He'll still get a decent opportunity somewhere if he waits but he may end up doing special with Leicester this season
I doubt Leicester will let him go in January anyway, they have such momentum and a good vibe at the club right now it would be bloody hard to steal him away.

Sylar

This is what great scouting can get you, and proof that you dont have to just splash big when there are some gems out there if they can fit your system.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This is what great scouting can get you, and proof that you dont have to just splash big when there are some gems out there if they can fit your system.
But this is quite exceptional though. This is not a player that cost 10m and turned out to be a bargain. This is a guy who started to perform like a madman out of nothing and cost Leicester less than 1 million! These kind of ultra-bargains are rare. Can anyone shed some light on Mahrez before his move to Leicester? :lol:

Sylar

But this is quite exceptional though. This is not a player that cost 10m and turned out to be a bargain. This is a guy who started to perform like a madman out of nothing and cost Leicester less than 1 million! These kind of ultra-bargains are rare. Can anyone shed some light on Mahrez before his move to Leicester? :lol:
Fair enough. And yeah, I actually think it helped him playing in the Championship (hard work ethic apparently learnt there), and of course playing game time. I can just imagine if we had signed him and he was inconsistent (at 21 or 22) - people would be calling him a flop like Powell, etc

RooneyLegend

Give Leicester a blank a cheque. However getting him in with Van Gaal still in charge would defeat the purpose. Now hire Ancelotti, fire Gaal, and sign him and the italian would have a fresh Kaka to work with.

Sam

We'll buy him, and he'll turn to shit.

Its written in the stars.

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
He's better than what we have; we should buy him. Why not? We've splashed enough cash around.

diarm

He can play on the right.
He can make things happen even when there is no pace or forward thrust in a move.
He can beat a man with the ball at his feet or with an incisive pass.
He has scored or assisted almost as many goals as our entire football club this season.

Get him in.

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
There's no way he leaves in January.
I don't think he should or will. I'd actually feel very very bad if we took him off Leicester half way through the season; that would be shocking really, especially after all the money we've wasted. Let Leicester have the season they deserve.

Sam

He can play on the right.
He can make things happen even when there is no pace or forward thrust in a move.
He can beat a man with the ball at his feet or with an incisive pass.
He has scored or assisted almost as many goals as our entire football club this season.

Get him in.
Give him two weeks with LVG, and all of that will be beaten out of him.

His possession stats will go through the roof though :drool:

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
I don't think he should or will. I'd actually feel very very bad if we took him off Leicester half way through the season; that would be shocking really, especially after all the money we've wasted. Let Leicester have the season they deserve.
Don't think they'll even agree to sell anyway. They need to add a player or two and make a proper historical title run. If he keeps it up his price will only rise and more teams will be chasing him.

diarm

Don't think they'll even agree to sell anyway. They need to add a player or two and make a proper historical title run. If he keeps it up his price will only rise and more teams will be chasing him.
If I'm Claudio Ranieri, sitting down with Mahrez in January to tell him there's an offer on the table from Man United, I'm asking him which club looks more likely to be playing CL football next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.