Robbie Savage - commentator

Judas

Open to offers
I've always oddly liked him. He's always desperate for us to win, but last night was hilariously good. When Ronaldo had that chance that was well saved you heard Savage say YEEES thinking it was going in :lol: he was every single one of us. Well the ones of us that wanted us to win.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Hes just given up any effort of trying to look unbiased

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's a really bad pundit.

Like the worst opinions you'll see on Twitter, Savage sees the game from the point of view of the individuals on the pitch rather than the team-play as a whole. You'd get equivalent insights from the 'fanboy'/'hater' factions in the Player Performance forum.

He's only in the the job because he has the gift of the gab. But I think I'd prefer dead air, to be honest.
Most pundits aren't there to give proper opinions anyway, having him is miles better than the likes of Jenas who talks about us like we killed his cat or something.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've always oddly liked him. He's always desperate for us to win, but last night was hilariously good. When Ronaldo had that chance that was well saved you heard Savage say YEEES thinking it was going in :lol: he was every single one of us. Well the ones of us that wanted us to win.
He's like the anti Neville.

Hated him as a player, suddenly love him as a commentator. Nothing wrong with a bit of home side bias, all the other european channels favour their home team, what's the issue?

It's clear he was enjoying the match and the 2nd half sure was exciting, it's nice to hear compared to the usual Jermain Jenas rubbish.

Ibi Dreams

Hes just given up any effort of trying to look unbiased
And he's much better for it! He was really fun last night, and was the same with Wales in the Euros. Not a good pundit by any means, but his enthusiasm is really enjoyable. Could be very annoying for neutrals or supporters of the other team though :lol:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I liked his commentary a lot yesterday. Perfect foil for the other guy, was a good match.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
If you're a rival or neutral he must drive you up the wall.
It was like they got one of the lads from United Stand to commentate on the game. Glad I wasn't watching it live :lol:

youngrell

It was the first time I noticed Darren Fletcher also cheerleading for us a bit. He usually goes all in when commentating on Liverpool in the CL but seemed to do it for us last night, too. It's clearly something that is being encouraged.

Savage has always been like this for us, but last night went up a notch.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
As good as that comeback was, it wouldn't have been the same without Savage on BT commentary. It felt like he was having a cathartic release of the past few weeks for a #OleIn bloke.

RooneyLegend

In fairness to him he's a former youth player here so he's always going to be a bit of a homer.

Foxbatt

Can someone put a link to the videos that is available for a worldwide audience?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His sons on the bench tonight and will probably make his debut.

Clearly this is Robbie's reward for being an absolute hero on comms this season.

TrustInOle

His sons on the bench tonight and will probably make his debut.

Clearly this is Robbie's reward for being an absolute hero on comms this season.
Agreed :lol:

On my way home from work so gutted I couldn't hear his reaction, but delighted for him none the less, extra subs in the CL still right?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Hope his son gets on.

Happy for Robbie Savage!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Really happy for him. The nerves in his voice, wanting us to just kick the ball out :lol: