Roberto Firmino - No H, possibly not enough stats

yanuzay

post stats or gtfo
Looking at whoscored, in comparison with the 'best' attacking midfielders in the PL this season...

Firmino - 1.8 key passes, 12 goals, 8 assists, 4.2 dribbles, 3.5 dispossessed, 77% pass success. 22 years old.

PL Players

David Silva - 3.9 key passes, 4 goals, 7 assists, 1.1 dribbles, 1.9 dispossessed, 89% pass success. 28 years old (Didn't even realise he was this age...).
Lallana - 1.8 key passes, 7 goals, 5 assists, 2 dribbles, 2.4 dispossessed, 83% pass success. 25 years old.
Özil - 2.9 key passes, 4 goals, 8 assists, 1.6 dribbles, 1.5 dispossessed, 88% pass success. 25 years old.
Hazard - 2.8 key passes, 12 goals, 7 assists, 3.8 dribbles, 2.5 dispossessed, 83% pass success. 23 years old.

Pretty similar in most ways to Hazard...
That is more like it!! See how much better it is with more stats?

You lot are hilarious. Definitely better than the newbs.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If Roberto had a male cat sleeping on his head and 1 perching on each shoulder... he would weigh about the same as our favourite Lionheart, Sir.Johneth Terry. (90kg). (please note, Roberto had a Hedgehog sleeping on his left foot, which makes up the extra 0.5kg)

binary bot
I did a side by side comparison with Zidane this season;

Firmino --- Zidane
22 - apps - 0
12 - Gols - 0
8 - assists - 0

As Zidane has not played this season I have been unable to come to a conclusion with my research

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
On the other hand if United signs Firmino, he might just post and then delete some more slippery pictures on his Instagram. It would be a guaranteed source of entertainment.I'm not so sure about the RedCafe's rules on linking a picture displaying his girlfriend's genitalia so I'll leave it at that. :wenger:

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Apparently we had scouts at the game watching him. Twitter said earlier that Sky Germany said so.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Apparently we had scouts at the game watching him. Twitter said earlier that Sky Germany said so.
How many scouts? Gotta back up your argument, the stats make all the difference.

On a serious note, not sure why you would need him really. If anything, the front 4 you have should be left alone mostly to let them all develop and improve as a group while you focus on improving the midfield and defence, only just add depth to the attacking positions. He'd be more somebody who would displace someone like Coutinho/Sterling and would probably cost 20mil at a random guess, and I'm not sure if he's at that level where he would really improve you enough. Haven't seen him all that much though.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
How many scouts? Gotta back up your argument, the stats make all the difference.

On a serious note, not sure why you would need him really. If anything, the front 4 you have should be left alone mostly to let them all develop and improve as a group while you focus on improving the midfield and defence, only just add depth to the attacking positions. He'd be more somebody who would displace someone like Coutinho/Sterling and would probably cost 20mil at a random guess, and I'm not sure if he's at that level where he would really improve you enough. Haven't seen him all that much though.

We definitely need depth, but even so, I'd rather see Suso given the chance in this position. If Rodgers isn't interested in Suso or if he wants to use Firmino in a different role then this signing would make sense. Competition for places is gonna be important.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
What the hell was yanuzay warping about in the first page?

No more threads with just "Seen him yesterday and looked an amazingly gifted little player. Check out this goal at 2:38"? That's more than enough for me.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
If you look at Whoscored.com and its 20 top rated players this season you will notice that eleven of those players come from Germany, only three from Bayern too. The statistical rating system on the site definitely favours attacking players. I would be cautious about putting too much weight on the whoscored ratings when looking at players from Germany as there seems to be something about the way football is played there that is conducive to attaining high ratings on whoscored.com.

Baxter

Volland at Hoffenheim is another very good player. They link up very well and hopefully Hoffenheim don't have to sell both of them. Such a good team to watch.

Ekeke

If you look at Whoscored.com and its 20 top rated players this season you will notice that eleven of those players come from Germany, only three from Bayern too. The statistical rating system on the site definitely favours attacking players. I would be cautious about putting too much weight on the whoscored ratings when looking at players from Germany as there seems to be something about the way football is played there that is conducive to attaining high ratings on whoscored.com.
Yep, called being a good player. One of those players with high stats at a non popular team was Marco Reus. I didnt pay much attention to it at the tine. Oops. Gundogan was another

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I just hope he comes to the Premier League. I know that wouldn't be great for us as there's no chance we'd sign him given he plays AM, but I'd love to see him live. A very exciting player.

Ekeke

I suspect he's not what we really need anyway as we're clearly in need of pace and movement around RVP, Rooney and Mata. Someone closer to Reus would make best use of what we have. But wherever he goes he'll be an entertainer

Pippa

I wonder how much they upped his salary. Weird career choice for someone that looks to be doing so well, unless Hopp continues to invest in the club?