Roberto Firmino, the most overrated player in the Prem.

GlasgowCeltic

When so many of their players are overrated or outright shite you wonder why the thought of being second to them is seen as any kind of achievement

ggtnxbb

He is an AM, not a striker. His finishing is poor and always will be, still people keep judging him on goals and scorn him on his dry spells/adore him when he hits a purple patch. Goals are never going to be that relevant about his game.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
"More important than Salah" - Liverpool fan
"10/10 would watch bobby no goal again" - Gill Bates
"A player that is not for everybody but has a little bit of everything for every Liverpool fans" - Jacqueline McCafferty
"Reminds me of Benny Harvey, rest in piece my friend" - Rimmy
:lol:

OldTrevil

Thats is the worst thing I've read in years.
Firmino is a very very good footballer. He allround play is fantastic.

He creates so much space for those around him, for Salah and Mane it must be a dream to play with Firmino.

I would swap him with Martial within a heartbeat.

I think Liverpool fans have understood what he brings to the game and seen what a player he is. And I think many others judge him on the odd game here and there and stats.
:lol::lol:
Well I'm glad you're no where near player evaluations at United

Other than the finishing, I actually like Firmino's type of game and I never said he isn't a good footballer..

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Pathetic, isn't it?

Suddenly the best striker in the league.

Salah came off the bench for 30 minutes and scored 2 against these and he's not even a striker.

Better than Martial :lol: he's got more talent in his left big toe.

Martial is pure class, going through a poor run of form. Firmino, isn't, never was and never will be class.
Martial is a huge talent, whom I hope for our sake fulfills his full potential, but Firmino isn't some Heskey type hard working donkey, dude is possibly the most skillful player in Liverpool squad after Thaigo Alcantara. Also let us not forget he was never a natural center forward, for most part, he used to play as attacking midfielder. The only issue is Liverpool fans and media hyped him as someone on par with the likes of Harry Kane, Sergio Aguero, Aubameyang and their ilk. Which he isn't. But till now whatever he has achieved he will be regarded as better/greater player than Martial, who for us, has mostly been underwhelming for the price we paid for him.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
When so many of their players are overrated or outright shite you wonder why the thought of being second to them is seen as any kind of achievement
It's funny that way - fans often can't wait to stick the knife in once they've beaten a team ('see how crap they are!'), while you'd think they'd want to big up the opposition to make their team's performance even more impressive. Guess it tells you which one tends to be more stronger between 'must praise us' and 'must hate on others'. :)

Andersonson

:lol::lol:
Well I'm glad you're no where near player evaluations at United

Other than the finishing, I actually like Firmino's type of game and I never said he isn't a good footballer..
Only a guy with red united glasses would say Martial is better than Firmino. I hate Pool as much as the next guy on here, but saying Martial is better is pure and simple laughable.

IF Martial was better, Klopp would've bought a new striker a long time ago

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Martial is comfortably better than him, whether you're looking at technical ability, finishing, hold up play, etc. Only thing Firmino beats him at is covering a lot of ground. Scoring two goals today doesn't change that

Lacazette is probably worse than him I'd give you that.
https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison

Both players were signed in 15/16. I'll give you finishing for Martial but for technical ability and hold play that's ridiculous. As for everything else, Firminho beats him more than just "covering a lot of ground"

your post is so wrong it's laughable.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Not had much to do with this thread but calling someone that continues to score important goals overrated is a bit weird. I think we have the most overrated player in the PL.

GledTheRed

He can go feck himself for all that "no look" business.

Cnut like his manager and team mates.

Oh and his entire fan base.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
He hasn't been as good for some time, but I'd definitely say he is better at Martial. Firmino is also proven in some big CL knockout matches where he's been huge for Liverpool.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of too many of the really big matches (CL knockouts) where Martial has really imposed himself. I'm not sure he's played in all that many either to be fair.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Martial is pure class, going through a poor run of form. Firmino, isn't, never was and never will be class.
Aaaaand that's once again enough internet for me for the day. My word :lol:

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Amazes me how a bunch of Scouse sympathisers come on a United Forum in a thread proclaiming how underrated their top striker is and expect the United supporters to rate him.

We've another thread having a right go at your World class defender.

Oh, btw, sorry to be such an edgelord.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Good to see him back near his best. Hopefully he can carry it on, we’ll need him with Jota not being back till February ish

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Amazes me how a bunch of Scouse sympathisers come on a United Forum in a thread proclaiming how underrated their top striker is and expect the United supporters to rate him.

We've another thread having a right go at your World class defender.

Oh, btw, sorry to be such an edgelord.
I mean it’s a forum for football discussion...

Paul_Scholes18

There is more heat here than in the manager discussions.

Firmino is sadly a very good player. What more needs to really be said?

Mindhunter

Firminio is perfect for their system. Obviously, he won't have the same impact in a team that doesn't play like them. He is the very definition of a system player. Rating him in isolation is pointless in my opinion because he is really doing well in that team. The header he scored against Spurs was great - deserves massive credit for that.

Don't like him as a player and I totally hate his antics but you can't deny the impact he has.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Would you rather have a striker who scores 5 goals with the team scoring 80 or a striker who scores 30 goals with the team scoring 70? Firmino may not put up the stats, and if he did go to another team he may be a huge flop, but I can guarantee you that neither Liverpool fans or Klopp would trade him...

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
He's a striker in free scoring team and averages about 15 a season.
Nope. Here is his heat map from 2019-20. He is their link between the midfield and the attack, and mainly sets up attack for Salah and Mane. While saying that, his finishing has been diabolical for most of this year.

Maxii

Paad
"More important than Salah" - Liverpool fan
"10/10 would watch bobby no goal again" - Gill Bates
"A player that is not for everybody but has a little bit of everything for every Liverpool fans" - Jacqueline McCafferty
"Reminds me of Benny Harvey, rest in piece my friend" - Rimmy
Gone but not forgotten. Miss you big man!

GledTheRed

Nope. Here is his heat map from 2019-20. He is their link between the midfield and the attack, and mainly sets up attack for Salah and Mane. While saying that, his finishing has been diabolical for most of this year.

Don't hit me with stats and heat maps, he's number 9 in a team that scores freely and he barely looks like scoring and when he does the stupid cnut "no looks" like he's the goat. He's got about as much class as his boss.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Would you rather have a striker who scores 5 goals with the team scoring 80 or a striker who scores 30 goals with the team scoring 70? Firmino may not put up the stats, and if he did go to another team he may be a huge flop, but I can guarantee you that neither Liverpool fans or Klopp would trade him...
Correct, and I certainly wouldn’t swap him for Martial. Martial has a lot of talent but wouldn’t thrive in the role Firmino plays for us. Martial would be playing in Mane or Salah’s position for us anyway, not centrally.

predator

Youth NITK
He's one of those players that may not be the most effective or have the best stats but is a joy to watch and I've always thought he is disgustingly good at football.

Similar players in recent times, in my opinion are Dele Ali, KDB, Dybala, Ozil (when he played), Griezmann,

They just make the sport look so effortless and elegant despite playing against some of the best footballers in the world.

Web of Bissaka

Scoring goals consistently is his only problem.
Other than that, he's annoying good all-around and helped his teammates a lot.

Wouldn't say he's world class, nor an elite level player. Just highest tier of very good players.

Striker is not his best position, but Pool's system fits and actually need him there minus the scoring aspect. Klopp's system is annoyingly good, making plenty of "actual lower levels" players seemingly better. Shit annoying.

I think in normal average system/formations, his best position is AM or SS, with license to roam anywhere and helped defense, so dropping deep and all.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Does Liverpool fans still think he’s a world class? A false 9 is just specific role of striker or forward. The role is just for support role which to link between the midfield and attacker. Calling Firmino a world class because he’s very good at what he does is like calling park ji sung a world class defensive winger because he’s very good at what he does that even someone like Pirlo amazed with. Firmino is just good player but not world class or elite.

Unless if you are Messi false 9 which his role not only to link but also to dictate the attackers and midfielders, to create lot of assists and goals but Firmino isn’t. Another player Kane who is not as good as Messi as false 9 but still world class even when this season played as false 9 because he offers his team lot of goals & assists.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Firmino is an average player whose aura has been enhanced by the qualities of his manager and performance of his team. Just like several players in our successful teams under SAF.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Firmino is an average player whose aura has been enhanced by the qualities of his manager and performance of his team. Just like several players in our successful teams under SAF.
What players would you reckon under alex f would fit the criteria you mentioned

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Does Liverpool fans still think he’s a world class? A false 9 is just specific role of striker or forward. The role is just for support role which to link between the midfield and attacker. Calling Firmino a world class because he’s very good at what he does is like calling park ji sung a world class defensive winger because he’s very good at what he does that even someone like Pirlo amazed with. Firmino is just good player but not world class or elite.

Unless if you are Messi false 9 which his role not only to link but also to dictate the attackers and midfielders, to create lot of assists and goals but Firmino isn’t. Another player Kane who is not as good as Messi as false 9 but still world class even when this season played as false 9 because he offers his team lot of goals & assists.
I think he's just in the tier below world class (ignoring for the moment most of 2020 where he has not been been close to it). It's not necessarily about the goals, but he'd need to be Bergkamp to make up it and he isn't quite that either.

When I compare him to previous world class forwards we've had, he falls just a bit short despite being an excellent player.

He can hit world class levels though. The season where he scored 29 goals, I'd say say he definitely was.