Roberto Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
On the official website now, we are getting our business done very early.

I have to be honest I don't know that much about the lad, he is bound to be world class though.
Coutinho and Firmino has a nice sound to it.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
£29m is a lot of money...

Still I think he's a very good player and has a good chance of being a successful signing. But then again, it is Brendan Rodgers.

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
£29m isn't that expensive in 2015 prices.. Henderson cost the same if you adjust for inflation

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
To be honest, I'm glad. Never understood the link. Nothing but paper talk.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Ridiculous buy for 29m:lol: He's only slightly better than Lallana

I'm just glad we didn't get him. Would have been utterly pointless. Nice to see we aren't complete dimwits.
You would have said that if United had signed him?

Devil may care

To be honest, I'm glad. Never understood the link. Nothing but paper talk.
We were clearly interested as we scouted him, and I don't get what there is to be glad about, he could have given us a proper #10 instead of using Fellaini or Rooney, and covered for Rooney as a #9 in the few games Rooney doesn't start, plus he can play from the wing as well.

Xivon

Supports
Bayern Munich
£29m isn't that expensive in 2015 prices.. Henderson cost the same if you adjust for inflation
€41m is Bundesliga record. I'm actually a bit worried what the new TV deal will mean for the Bundesliga when that much money is spend on a player like Firmino. (I rate him, but €41m is too much in my opinion.)

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
You would have said that if United had signed him?
Yes. Never wanted him.

Yay! Yet another #10 to add to our growing collection of #10's none of whom actually play there because Van Gaal plays a formation that doesn't use them. He's not even better than what we have already.

Doesn't really matter what he costs. 15m or 30m, he won't improve us.

Bojan11

We were clearly interested as we scouted him, and I don't get what there is to be glad about, he could have given us a proper #10 instead of using Fellaini or Rooney, and covered for Rooney as a #9 in the few games Rooney doesn't start, plus he can play from the wing as well.
We already have two number 10s at the club.

Mali_Zeus

If we get our CM options Herrera can play nr. 10 for instance.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
€41m is Bundesliga record. I'm actually a bit worried what the new TV deal will mean for the Bundesliga when that much money is spend on a player like Firmino. (I rate him, but €41m is too much in my opinion.)
Even worse than the tv deal is the incredibly weak Euro at the moment. The difference between summer 2013 and this year is staggering and is such a significant advantage for the Premier League on top of the tv deal.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Good signing for Liverpool; didn't make sense for us unless we had plans to convert him into a striker.

Crazy how the transfer fee has more than doubled within a few weeks. Started with 18m Euros, then went to 30m, and now apparently Liverpool have secured him for 41m.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
Initial fee #LFC have paid for Firmino is £22m. Rising to £29m. He has signed a 5yr deal. Medical after Copa America

Kag

I get the impression that some people just want to see a signing, irrespective of who it is. Mini meltdowns in June are a wasted exercise.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Now this is the kind of signing that Liverpool fans can get excited about.

rover

so our inquiry resulted in liverpool paying 10m euros more for their target? or is it all the purpose we made our "inquiry"? sometimes this is not bad being used.....

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
From RAWK:

There is too much positivity in this thread. I think we need some balance but Fordy is not available, so here is some balance.

1. He is overpriced. People were saying Lallana was overpriced but Firmino's stats are not significantly better and he will cost more.

2. Another player from a midtable club. Okay its a German midtable club and he is Brazilian but if his name was Rob Firm and he was from Stoke I doubt many here would be excited. For all we know he is another Stewart downing.

3. He doesn't have any experience playing in European competitions or at a top club.

4. He was wanted by Liverpool's scouting team, so its safe to assume he is no good.

5. He is not ambitious enough. If he wanted to win trophies, he would have gone to a club like City or Chelsea but he is coming to Liverpool. Why can't be ambitious like Sterling?

6. If he is any good, he will be playing in Madrid in 2 seasons.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I get the impression that some people just want to see a signing, irrespective of who it is. Mini meltdowns in June are a wasted exercise.
By all accounts he is highly rated, so it's not a case of someone they got to fill the numbers.

I'm not too fussed, but Liverpool signing a player that people do rate is obviously not great.

One benefit I guess is maybe it will help Januzaj's progress and that's one player I really want doing well next season.

khoazany

so our inquiry resulted in liverpool paying 10m euros more for their target? or is it all the purpose we made our "inquiry"? sometimes this is not bad being used.....
I would think that's exactly what had happened, although I do like him.

MDFC Manager

Even worse than the tv deal is the incredibly weak Euro at the moment. The difference between summer 2013 and this year is staggering and is such a significant advantage for the Premier League on top of the tv deal.
Ultimately, it will result in even worse English talent though. So not an overall win :)

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Yeh, don't use that little Spanish guy at 10.

I think our squad needs other areas addressed such as GK, CB, RB and ST before another attacking midfielder, so I'm glad we didn't spend a good amount of money there.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Am very happy we didn't sign another number 10 and try to play him out of position. Couldn't understand some of logic spouted on here for doing so.
Because it was

A) any new possible signing
B) he was Brazilian
C) he was cheap. ..was.
D) he had inho at the end of his name

I still think they've got the figures mixed up. 30m for unproven, relatively unknown who nobody else was after (it appears our interest was entirely from the agents side which wasn't much of a surprise).

Status
Not open for further replies.