Roberto Martínez is new Belgium manager

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Martinez also had a better team at Everton than any club Allardyce has ever managed. By the way, Allardyce had Bolton in 5th place before he left, a far bigger achievement than getting Everton to 5th. He's also never been relegated, unlike Martinez.

Allardyce has managed more clubs, yet never messed up as badly as Martinez did with Everton. He took over a club that finished 6th, did well in his first season, then dropped them to two mid table finishes, leaking an embarrassing amount of goals in the process. That side had/has some serious talent, where he left them was atrocious.
Allardyce is fine but so is Martinez. Stating that Martinez is crap is a massive overstatement. Neither of them are getting jobs because they are "one of the boys".

AllezLesDiables

Martinez is een kut kakkerlaken to paraphrase Jan Verthonghen.

Good grief then again why would anyone expect anything else from our pathetic FA

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He somehow has the ability to fall ass backwards into some great situations after shitting the bed in his current job.

Relegated at Wigan? No problem, here's the Everton job.
Got booted out of Everton? No problem, here's the Belgium job.

We'veGotDeleAlli

Supports
Tottenham
Allardyce is fine but so is Martinez. Stating that Martinez is crap is a massive overstatement. Neither of them are getting jobs because they are "one of the boys".
Martinez has been relegated and taken a solid 5th-8th placed side down in to mid-table in his last two jobs. Allardyce made West Ham comfortable in the Premier League and then did brilliantly to save Sunderland from relegation.

That's why it's a more laughable appointment, because at least Allardyce has done quite well recently, Martinez has had 1 good season in his last 4.

onemanarmy

It is very well known the Belgian FA are having financial problems. They were never going to sign an expensive manager. Who did you guys expect? Guardiola?

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's 10 times the manager Wilmots is.

Nogbadthebad

It may work. Belgium's strengths are going forward, and the bloke knows no other way of playing.

They'll probably ship a fair few goals though, whatever the outcome.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It is very well known the Belgian FA are having financial problems. They were never going to sign an expensive manager. Who did you guys expect? Guardiola?
Obviously not, but a short term option of somebody like van Gaal until somebody like Preud'homme was available would have been better in my opinion.

onemanarmy

Yeah, as if Van Gaal was going to work for 1 million € a year, while he was earning 7 million pounds a year at Utd.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
He somehow has the ability to fall ass backwards into some great situations after shitting the bed in his current job.

Relegated at Wigan? No problem, here's the Everton job.
Got booted out of Everton? No problem, here's the Belgium job.
He's going to get sacked from Belgium after the World Cup, and land the Barca job, isn't he?

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Did you watch Everton last season?

His teams can't defend at all, he will a be flop imo.
I think he will do fine at belgium. Sure he can't defend but in a cup competition you can get away with not defending great.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Martinez has been relegated and taken a solid 5th-8th placed side down in to mid-table in his last two jobs. Allardyce made West Ham comfortable in the Premier League and then did brilliantly to save Sunderland from relegation.

That's why it's a more laughable appointment, because at least Allardyce has done quite well recently, Martinez has had 1 good season in his last 4.
Wigan have never been a solid midtable team. They did surprisingly well in their first season but then somehow managed to stay in the PL for 7 more seasons and winning a cup on the way.

Allardyce at West Ham was disliked by fans and that's why his contract wasn't re-negotiated. West Ham has since become much better. Allardyce has managed 5 different teams in 14 different seasons and has 4 times finished in the top 10 and he's never won a cup since his League of Ireland win back in '92. He's always wanted a big time shot and now he has it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I think he might be a better commentator than manager. I was hoping he'd replace one of those wankers on Fox.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I believe that he'll prove to be a good International manager. I, for one, welcome one of the top international teams getting a manager who'll want to play football on the front foot rather than park the bus and bore us.

Go on Bobby!

Cristiano_RAFC

I was surprised with this appointment, but certainly willing to give it a chance. I am worried about our defence which needs improvement, and for that he might not be the right man. However, we do have quality players going forward so maybe he will just have us outscore the opposition. Interesting to see how this will go.

I also think that this appointment should be put in the context of the Belgian FA not having a large budget. They are not able to choose whoever they want. There might have been better candidates out there, but they were probably way too expensive for the FA.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Funny appointment, but to be fair pretty much anyone would have been a step up over that despicable cnut Wilmots.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Thierry Henry will be part of our technical staff as an assistant manager. I just came so hard :drool:

onemanarmy

Apparently he needs the experience to get his pro license. Lukaku, Hazard etc will be excited. Lot's of them are idolizing him.

Ainu

Thierry Henry as our assistant manager is even more random than Martinez as our manager. It's a bit weird.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
One extreme to the other

Belgium will be very exciting to watch but will also concede loads too

El Zoido

Thierry Henry will be part of our technical staff as an assistant manager. I just came so hard :drool:
Bizarre. He just quit his role at Arsenal to concentrate on his TV work, which sort of outlined where his priorities lay. I assume he's going to keep his job with Sky? If he's serious about coaching he should go full time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bizarre. He just quit his role at Arsenal to concentrate on his TV work, which sort of outlined where his priorities lay. I assume he's going to keep his job with Sky? If he's serious about coaching he should go full time.
Gary Neville managed it as a coach with England and then went on to succe...no wait.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
It's a good appointment, Henry is a winner and as someone above me just said the likes of Lukaku and Hazard idolised him so it could help them..

cyberman

Wenger gave him that choice, not Henry himself.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I love Belgium. :drool:
Wenger told him he could only be full time coach of the U18s, he couldn't do it part-time with his Sky duties.