Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I don't think there was any doubt about his quality. He really is top class. It's just whether he can continue to stay fit. I doubt I'm the only one who cringes every time he's roughed up a bit of the pitch.
I was surprised to see him playing last night too, but watching him play doesn't give any indication that he is any more or less frail than any other of our players.

It is inevitable that at some stage or other he will get a knock which will keep him out of the team for a while, but that's more or less inevitable these days.

Rafael has stayed fit this season so far too, despite playing what seems like every game.

Cina

I think he has excellent fitness levels though, as in, when he isn't injured he's able to consistently play 90 minute games. let's not forget he has played 56 consecutive PL games now. As was pointed out before, most of his injuries have been unlucky more than anything.

JohnLocke

I can't agree with that part of your otherwise good post - City and ourselves have a local rivalry that makes it an entirely different move that Tevez made; he was a big enough player that that move was a betrayal.
Yeah don't get me wrong it was seen as a betrayal by Tevez and all the shit that followed; saying things about SAF and welcome to Manchester etc.

And although it was City he moved to, he was never our star man, carrying us singlehanded. Also the fact that he wanted to stay and wasn't deemed worth the money being talked about meant that it was us that didn't want him, rather than the other way round. Like RVP.

Even Hargo going to City was seen as a betrayal but I think the RVP transfer is more like us hypthetically selling Rooney to Arsenal because he wouldn't stay with us.

Not main rivals, but losing your best player (by a country mile) and captain to any of the big 4 is bound to be a bitter pill to swallow. Especially after the likes of Clichy, Nasri and Fabregas have all jumped ship in the last 2 years.

Will Absolute

Yeah don't get me wrong it was seen as a betrayal by Tevez and all the shit that followed; saying things about SAF and welcome to Manchester etc.

And although it was City he moved to, he was never our star man, carrying us singlehanded. Also the fact that he wanted to stay and wasn't deemed worth the money being talked about meant that it was us that didn't want him, rather than the other way round. Like RVP.

Even Hargo going to City was seen as a betrayal but I think the RVP transfer is more like us hypthetically selling Rooney to Arsenal because he wouldn't stay with us.

Not main rivals, but losing your best player (by a country mile) and captain to any of the big 4 is bound to be a bitter pill to swallow. Especially after the likes of Clichy, Nasri and Fabregas have all jumped ship in the last 2 years.
Except, that we offered the full price stipulated in the loan contract, and the deal fell through because Tevez didn't want to stay.

Adebesi

It was to do with the money tho wasnt it? Wasnt it that SAF was umming and ahing about it for ages, and trying to get away with sneaky low bids, until Tevez lost patience waiting for it to be sorted out / felt unloved? And then by the time SAF made the final offer it was too late and he had made his mind up to go, having burnt his bridges by complaining endlessly in the press for months?

JohnLocke

Our two best strikers are both mentalists... :devil:Rooney and RvP are both dirty as hell, and definitely won't take a step back in handing out retribution for slights real or imagined.
Rooney, RVP and Rafael (bless him) all get stuck in and have a certain amount of aggression to their game. Even though sometimes its bad for the team if they get sent off, I like a bit of fire in the players.

It lifts the rest of the team and the crowd love a good hard tackle going in. Those two mins of crunching tackles in the Wigan game were two of the finest minutes of the season so far.

We used to scare teams and I think some aggression helps break teams down as they know they will be in for a tough ride.

JohnLocke

It was to do with the money tho wasnt it? Wasnt it that SAF was umming and ahing about it for ages, and trying to get away with sneaky low bids, until Tevez lost patience waiting for it to be sorted out / felt unloved? And then by the time SAF made the final offer it was too late and he had made his mind up to go, having burnt his bridges by complaining endlessly in the press for months?
That's what I thought. Although I wasn't sure if we ever offered the full price. Tevez is a prick though and I wasn't ever too bothered when he left. Although he has been a lot better since he left (minus playing golf for a large part of last season), possibly due to getting a run of games.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I suspect it was more due to City being willing to pay £20 million more in the transfer fee than our loan agreement stated we could buy him for; added to City being willing to make Tevez their highest paid player (confirmed by someone senior there during the golfing holiday last season).

But feck it, he's gone and we've got RVP :devil:

Mojo_pin

Would anyone swap Rooney, v. Persie, Welbeck, and Hernandez for Teves, Aguero, Balotelli, and Dzeko?

wr8_utd

:'(
Would anyone swap Rooney, v. Persie, Welbeck, and Hernandez for Teves, Aguero, Balotelli, and Dzeko?
No because Tevez and Aguero would be very very likely to leave at some point in the near future. Oh and Rooney and Rvp >> Tevez and Aguero imo.

kps88

We arguably have the best strike force in the world at the moment. Helps that Barcelona don't play with traditional strikers though.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
No.

I wouldn't have Balotelli if he came free in a box of cornflakes.

I'd quite like to have got to Dzeko and/or Aguero before City did, if I'm honest.

But I wouldn't swap. They're contaminated now.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
The only one I would take is Aguero. Cracking player and still a lot of room for progression. Tevez and Balotelli, wouldn't want them anywhere near the club, and don't care much for Dzeko.

Definitely wouldn't swap our strike force for theirs in any case, it's lethal and versatile. Each of our 4 strikers have specific qualities, and give us loads of options up front.

mufcwarm92

I agree I wouldn't take Balotelli even if he was free. More trouble than he's worth. I find it hard to judge Tevez nowadays but Aguero is absolute class and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

wr8_utd

:'(
Was just going to post that. I bet the Arsenal fans will still believe he went for the money.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wow, this guy(Akhil) is the part of AST so he's reliable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Was offered more money elsewhere, but still obviously is a mercenary cnut who only came here for money.

Logic.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Holy shit, 300k to join City.

Get in Robin. No wonder he looks so genuine happy when he scores and gets interviewed. Well in imo.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The logic is he was doubling his salary already so he could afford to be picky about who he played for and with.
So he had no reason to leave Arsenal other than for money?

See the thing is, I don't think you even believe this stuff yourself.

Cina

Get real - how many players did that stop from joining City when they hadn't won the league in 45 years.
Oh those Arsenal players who joined City and then won the league, as in, an actual trophy, which they were never going to get at Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.