Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
My cocksh out, itsh been out all day.
I wont be surprised if Giggs doesn't know about RVP's signing yet. Haven't you seen that advert were everyone (include the gardener) knew about the rumor apart from him?
Bit hard to see from the back of the head that one...

Whoever it is looks like he's about to launch into a challenge on RVP.

feck OFF :mad:
I love this thread.

In the words of Chad de Clos' father - this is unbelieveable. What a week, and the cherry on top was to see Fletcher training with the first team again :drool:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
When DHL signed that contract for the training kit, I wonder if they knew how bad/unwearable/gingham this year's proper kit was going to be? They were in the right place at the right time.

Sam

Seeing those pictures of him training with the lads made my tummy go a bit funny :lol:

Leg-End

Great signature hes got, when he started with a big circle I thought he had gone mental.

032Devil

Van Gaal: "Robin's transfer to United is fantastic not just for himself but for Dutch football too. He followed his heart in this matter."
Another dagger plunges deep into Arsenal supporters hearts.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
They'll boo him to pieces at the emirates, classy arsenal.

Baxter

And it's Kiko. He's been wearing them awful Nike things the whole pre-season.

Aporkalypse

Fell asleep for a bit in the noon heat and woke up to these pics. One of those genuine "am I actually awake?" moments. Glad the answer is yes! :devil:

Brophs

The One and Only
Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed how Robin van Persie was "desperate" to join Manchester United.

Van Persie completed his £24million move from Arsenal to United today, signing a four-year contract.

And Ferguson revealed the Dutchman snubbed Manchester City and Juventus because he had his heart sent on playing for United.

"Well, I'm delighted," said Ferguson. "It's been a long haul. It wasn't an easy one, to be honest with you, because, understandably, Arsene Wenger didn't want to sell to Manchester United.

"But the boy wanted to come to us, that's important.

"He turned down various clubs to join us because he wants the challenge of coming to the biggest club in the world and I think that's fantastic.

"That's what swung it, that's what made it possible. If he hadn't come out forcibly to Arsenal and tell them 'look, I want to go to Manchester United' then it meant that negotiations were really over.

Robin van Persie (L) stands alongside new team-mate Wayne Rooney
"The only negotiation left was agreeing the fee. There was no-one else left in the picture because [of what] the boy wanted, he was desperate to come to Manchester United."

Van Persie said: "It's an honour to sign for Manchester United.

"I am looking forward to following in the footsteps of so many great strikers, bringing my experience and playing my part to help the team compete for the biggest trophies in the game. I can't wait to get started."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robin-van-persie-was-desperate-to-come-1265718

I know these quotes have already been posted from another source but since this thread is moving so fast I'll repost them. They're pretty reassuring as to his motivation in looking to move, though I'm sure money also played a big part. Thankfully there was no mention of a fecking 'project'.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I haven't been this excited about a signing in ages. This summer has been just fantastic for us so far, and there is still time as SAF said for one more (probably left back). Before we signed him I was a little hesitant because at the same time I didn't think we were going to get him actually. But feck me, RVP is a united player!

Status
Not open for further replies.