Robin van Persie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

if I m not wrong his agent is David Dein's son whose clients include Nasri and Clichy....
That's why last summer there were rumours of him moving to City, which are still favourites imo

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Wonder if Arsenal will sell him to another PL club? Imo, City will sign him to replace Tevez but should Arsenal sell him to another rival?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Real or City you would expect.

Would cream my pants to see him and Rooney together :drool:

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
The only way I see Van Persie leaving is, Arsene also leaving.
Arsene for England. Although I see RVP leaving regardless of wether Arsene is there or not.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Arsene would be a terrible manager for England. The players would totally ignore him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'd love us to try and sign him, but the reality is that it won't happen. The only way I think we'd be able to get him would be if we sold Rooney. We'd then need a replacement and would have the money to sign him, but I doubt that is going to happen.

As time goes on, you can see him wanting to leave. He's getting older now, and probably only has a few years left in his prime at most. I'd have a lot of respect for him if he decides to be loyal and stay at Arsenal, however if he left, I could completely understand why. He's a world class player who has hardly won anything of note in his career as a player. If a major club like Real Madrid or Man City come calling, then the urge for silverware may be too much to resist.

Werder Herzog

I would love to see him here. Berbatov, Owen, Macheda leave in summer. RVP,Rooney,Wellbeck,Hernandez as our striking options would be lovely.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal wont ever sell to us, they showed that with Nasri in the summer.

For what it's worth I dont think RVP will go anywhere, he's loyal and has no affiliation for a certain Spanish side. He'll stay at Arsenal until Wenger replaces him (which will be in 2 or 3 years anyway) and then probably go to someone in Germany
:confused:

Do you think anyone was going to offer Nasri the same money City did?

You're kidding yourself.

Adebesi

If he went to City that would be very, very bad news.

Tho just because he has been reasonably injury free this season, doesnt mean he wont continue to have more than his fair share of problems. Id still be a little wary of signing him if I was responsible for such things, for that very reason.

Varun

Staff
I would love to see him here. Berbatov, Owen, Macheda leave in summer. RVP,Rooney,Wellbeck,Hernandez as our striking options would be lovely.
More pressing concerns in other areas.

Anyways, It'd be very difficult to please those 4 during a season though with enough meaningful starts if we were ever to get him which will never happen considering the kind of wages he'd be angling for if he were to go for cheap.

Varun

Staff
Best striker in the world atm. Could you imagine him at Barca :nervous:
Dont see how he'd fit in though. He wont be as good as he's now if he's asked to drift in from wide areas which he'd need to with Messi playing centrally. Dont see Messi accepting to shift to accommodate him either. Egos n all.

MacMUFC

Surely up there with the best players in the world atm. Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, van Persie?

Ole90+3

Dont see how he'd fit in though. He wont be as good as he's now if he's asked to drift in from wide areas which he'd need to with Messi playing centrally. Dont see Messi accepting to shift to accommodate him either. Egos n all.
They seem to accommodate David Villa in a central position. I think he would fit in at Barca just fine. His close control, first touch and passing are all pretty superb.

Varun

Staff
They seem to accommodate David Villa in a central position. I think he would fit in at Barca just fine. His close control, first touch and passing are all pretty superb.
He tends to drift in from the left with Messi being the central figure. Dont think RVP is suited to that role at all.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's not going to stay at Arsenal IMO.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Chelsea - Torres and new obsession with youth.
Real Madrid - If Ronaldo leaves, unlikely otherwise?
Barcelona - Maybe, doesn't suit their style though.
Bayern Munich - Unlikely.
Inter/Milan/Juventus - Unlikely.

feck its going to be City isnt it.

Varun

Staff
Chelsea - Torres and new obsession with youth.
Real Madrid - If Ronaldo leaves, unlikely otherwise?
Barcelona - Maybe, doesn't suit their style though.
Bayern Munich - Unlikely.
Inter/Milan/Juventus - Unlikely.

feck its going to be City isnt it.
Wouldnt be surprised to see Chelsea go for him actually. He wont cost a huge sum with his contract situation and they can easily afford his wages specially with anelka and drogba gone. He isnt old by any stretch either.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Imagine if he went to Bayern, Ribery - RVP - Robben front 3... that'd be my Fifa team sorted.

Out of interest, why do you say Bayern is unlikely?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think lot of you are overrating him(if I am not missing something). He is goal machine, but he isn't that great player at all.

Varun

Staff
Imagine if he went to Bayern, Ribery - RVP - Robben front 3... that'd be my Fifa team sorted.

Out of interest, why do you say Bayern is unlikely?
Dont see them going for him when they already have Gomez who they paid a huge sum for and has been great for them.

I think lot of you are overrating him(if I am not missing something). He is goal machine, but he isn't that great player at all.
He is anything but just a goal machine. fantastic all round footballer.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
He's a great player. If Messi and Ronaldo weren't alive I'd call him World class, but those 2 fecked up the criteria for everyone
They really did, now it's easy to assume the standard in football overall has declined, or something - we're just so used to them being ridiculously good.

I personally think that RVP will stay at Arsenal unless Chelsea offer big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.