Robinho

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He would thrive at Barca....or possibly Inter. Needs to leave the Prem to rekindle things.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think he'd be good for us, I wouldn't pay over 15 mill for him mind.

He'd be an improved version of Nani and I'm sure Fergie would get the best out of him, even if he might struggle to produce week in week out..he'd do enough to make vital contributions in important games.

Also playing with the likes of Giggs, Rooney, Anderson, Scholes and coming up against the likes of Vidic in training would inspire him to better heights.

If he is going to be another Anelka, well then he isn't going to peak until he's over 30..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
As much as he gets everything that comes his way for coming across as an arsehole of a player and a complete mercenary, part of me feels sorry for him. I wouldn't even say it's him; more the game in general. He was such a talented footballer and it's a shame to see it going to waste like it has.

AttackingFlair

He was one of my favourite players to watch when he was brought on as a sub for Real Madrid, back when Ronaldo was still there.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
He has NINETY caps for Brazil? fecking hell.
I can't believe he is 28! He has a good career really, apart from signing for City which was a total waste of time for him. The problem was that he was labelled as the new Pele as he was a young and talented player at Santos, it gave people unrealistic expectations of him.

Ekeke

The real problem is consistancy. It came late in his Real Madrid career, only lasted half a season at Man City and he's never really had it after that. City not letting him go properly for a long time certainly didnt help.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
The real problem is consistancy. It came late in his Real Madrid career, only lasted half a season at Man City and he's never really had it after that. City not letting him go properly for a long time certainly didnt help.
Consistency is a problem that most footballers have, Andy Johnson is world class on 'his day' it is just that 'his day' does not come around very often. I believe that Robinho has had a very good career but that he is judged against the ridiculous expectations that the media and fans put on him. Neymar is the next one.

You get threads like this asking 'what happened to Robinho' implying that some has gone seriously wrong. What happened to him? I tell you what happened to him! He has been playing at a world class level for two of histories greatest clubs, he is closing in on 100 caps for the greatest footballing nation in history and he is earning millions of pounds every year.

What happened to him indeed!

Hallucinogen

Bump.

At one time he was as talented as Messi and Ronaldo.
Never been that talented, not even close.

Flashes aside if one looks over his whole career with each club he hovers between average-good, while circumstances were different everywhere else this is too much of a co-incidence.

He just wasn't as good as hyped.