Roman Abramovich plans to sell Chelsea | SOLD for £4.25BN

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Check the replies
It's just performative from that Chris Bryant bloke though. He's on record voting for Britain to engage in an illegal war of our own with a death toll into the hundreds of thousands. He's not wrong in this instance, but feck him and his ilk who are out here using this for likes and retweets.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I don’t disagree but your stadium issue is an issue. No two ways about it. It seems quite difficult to sort out too hence why RA didn’t bother in the end.
Any conversation anyone is going to have about buying the club will quickly reach the following:

'What's the biggest issue with the club?'
'The stadium is too small and needs relocating/redeveloping'
'Oh, and how much is that going to cost?'
'About as much as you will be paying for the football club'

Offsideagain

I wonder if any MP will stand up and condemn the role of the UAE in the fighting in Yemen? Probably not as we sell arms to them and the Saudis plus they are fighting Iranian backed rebels. It still a war, it’s still killing women and kids and it’s been going on for years. Will these MP’s now vote to sanction Mansour and force him to sell City? I doubt it. Begs the question, when is a war not a war?

TheReligion

Abusive
Any conversation anyone is going to have about buying the club will quickly reach the following:

Is definitely an issue. RA hasn’t bothered but he’s not bothered about the debt and operating costs either.

Any other owners will be. he’s one of a kind.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Look. If this is your sense of humor, you may need to calm down.

This isn't child's play. Chelsea are a big marketable club with a global fan base and a ton of employees. Why would the UK government want to disrupt a football club and rob it's employees of their employment if the funds are not being parried over to Russia.

Absent the debt 1.5 bn is very likely. And Roman suggested the debt is a write off. And even after reading his statement without my blue tinted glasses that is what I got from his statement.

It's possible that Roman realized that any money from the sale wouldn't do him much good anyway. It can be sanctioned. So instead giving it to charity for victims of Ukraine can save his reputation. Roman may have economic interests in other countries too. So saving his reputation is a must at this point.

I am not seeing this as anything negative against Roman. But from a practical standpoint, he'd have realized what's coming and tried to make the best of the situation. Not just for himself but for the club as well.

Writing the loans off makes the club an excellent buy for anyone involved. Don't think he would change the club structure much as well. Donating the proceeds to charity can calm some of the mps until the sale is done properly.
The oligarch money coming to an end and I'm not supposed to be happy?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It’s certainly a balance and you need both. Agree on that aspect. I felt he was trying to suggest the stadium issues Chelsea has isn’t a problem though; it is. Previous investors have openly spoke about it putting them off a deal and it will flag up again as part of any potential sale.
It's definitely an issue. You have to ask if someone who had Roman's wealth, passion for the club and willingness to pump in that much money over the years in the end doesn't get the stadium issue sorted, will any new perspective owner have a greater desire to actually do so and get it over the line, considering costs for it are going up like mad and will continue to do so?

Last edited:

Herman Toothrot

Most of their wider fan base have been in tears over this and thanking Roman widely. Sports washing is dangerous and works.
Way to the read the room.
I'm sure him publicly endorsing and laughing at a tweet racially abusing Ashley Cole had nothing to do with.
I'm glad we can agree on that one. Look mate, I know these are tough times, but you'll always have the support of The National Front. Stay strong.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Way to the read the room.

I'm glad we can agree on that one. Look mate, I know these are tough times, but you'll always have the support of The National Front. Stay strong.
What a disgusting post.

I suppose i should be judging you based on Mason Greenwood on the same basis.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

And some on here will still have you believe Chelsea is a better buy than say Newcastle.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
People talking about Chelsea having massive stadium issues but there is a potential solution for them on the horizon. I live in West London and the Earls Court development has been a fiasco with it now being taken back. Rumours are the council cannot get it developed unless their is an anchor tenant, one of the rumours going around in 2018 is part of the reason Chelsea stopped the development wasn't just to do with RA's visa but because there may be an opportunity for them there.

Not sure about the ins and outs of the CPO and what the council want exactly, but if they sign off a move to Earls Court, they probably have an opportunity for a land swap or something. EC also has three tube stops already surrounding it.

Billy Bullcrap

Supports
Wrexham
I wonder if any MP will stand up and condemn the role of the UAE in the fighting in Yemen? Probably not as we sell arms to them and the Saudis plus they are fighting Iranian backed rebels. It still a war, it’s still killing women and kids and it’s been going on for years. Will these MP’s now vote to sanction Mansour and force him to sell City? I doubt it. Begs the question, when is a war not a war?
The hypocrisy of the west knows no bounds. Most Middle Eastern countries have major human rights issues and let’s not talk about China.

Yakuza_devils

Iraq was invaded because of non-existent Weapon of Mass Destruction. Oil was stolen. Massive destructions. Many killed. Iraq has not recovered till today.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
People talking about Chelsea having massive stadium issues but there is a potential solution for them on the horizon. I live in West London and the Earls Court development has been a fiasco with it now being taken back. Rumours are the council cannot get it developed unless their is an anchor tenant, one of the rumours going around in 2018 is part of the reason Chelsea stopped the development wasn't just to do with RA's visa but because there may be an opportunity for them there.

Not sure about the ins and outs of the CPO and what the council want exactly, but if they sign off a move to Earls Court, they probably have an opportunity for a land swap or something. EC also has three tube stops already surrounding it.
Wasn't there talk of both Battersea power station and Chelsea waterfront being turned into stadiums? Both fell through. How likely are they to get earls court?

Shit hole mind.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine trying to defend Captain lion heart to this day.
What part of that post was? I was pointing out that the booing of Rio was likely/hopefully down to him openly approving a tweet racially abusing Ashley Cole.

Herman Toothrot

What a disgusting post.

I suppose i should be judging you based on Mason Greenwood on the same basis.
I don't know how old you are, but before you took the money from the big russian crook, I only associated Chelsea with Amiga and a cosy relationship with Rangers and The National Front.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Wasn't there talk of both Battersea power station and Chelsea waterfront being turned into stadiums? Both fell through. How likely are they to get earls court?

Shit hole mind.
As a resident in the area (who has a couple of friends in the real estate busines), the problem with EC is that it missed the boat a little. Vauxhall/Nine Elms/Battersea are absolutely flooded with high spec flats that cannot be sold. I'll give an example.

My gf lives on the site of the US embassy and lives in one of the more recently developed blocks. In her block floor 12 has sold all flats, floor 11 has sold all but one, floor 10 has sold 2 out of five and the rest of the block is completely empty; no investor buys, nothing. Popping up next to her are another four blocks. At Battersea, occupancy is around 30% atm. With the site having around 5000 flats, give or take.

In Ealing, there is a similar problem with the Filmworks development that is also struggling to sell. Whereas, if you go down to Croydon (12-15 mins buy train to London) it is a virtual building site with numerous developments struggling to sell (I am not sure on figures down there.)

As a result, EC doesn't really have a residential marker. Especially as you got the Chelsea Barracks development vlose by (again not privy how this is selling.)

As a result, a lot of residential equity firms, are looking to the EU to invest.

Essentially, there is no need for another mega development of flats in SW London (there is a need for affordable housing, but no one touches that as their is no profit there.)

As a result, EC doesn't have many options. Chelsea actually makes a lot of sense for them, as SB could be developed into a very high end housing project (not flats) owing to its location ad EC could be used as a stadium/events site like previously.

No RA, also helps with the political climate/reaction.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know how old you are, but before you took the money from the big russian crook, I only associated Chelsea with Amiga and a cosy relationship with Rangers and The National Front.
You're referencing things from 30-40 years ago mate. I don't know what point it is you're trying to make here, but if you think throwing the national fecking front in the faces of random Chelsea fans online is going to help you make that point, you might want to rethink how you interact with others.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As a resident in the area (who has a couple of friends in the real estate busines), the problem with EC is that it missed the boat a little. Vauxhall/Nine Elms/Battersea are absolutely flooded with high spec flats that cannot be sold. I'll give an example.

My gf lives on the site of the US embassy and lives in one of the more recently developed blocks. In her block floor 12 has sold all flats, floor 11 has sold all but one, floor 10 has sold 2 out of five and the rest of the block is completely empty; no investor buys, nothing. Popping up next to her are another four blocks. At Battersea, occupancy is around 30% atm. With the site having around 5000 flats, give or take.

In Ealing, there is a similar problem with the Filmworks development that is also struggling to sell. Whereas, if you go down to Croydon (12-15 mins buy train to London) it is a virtual building site with numerous developments struggling to sell (I am not sure on figures down there.)

As a result, EC doesn't really have a residential marker. Especially as you got the Chelsea Barracks development vlose by (again not privy how this is selling.)

As a result, a lot of residential equity firms, are looking to the EU to invest.

Essentially, there is no need for another mega development of flats in SW London (there is a need for affordable housing, but no one touches that as their is no profit there.)

As a result, EC doesn't have many options. Chelsea actually makes a lot of sense for them, as SB could be developed into a very high end housing project (not flats) owing to its location ad EC could be used as a stadium/events site like previously.

No RA, also helps with the political climate/reaction.
The issue Abramovich had, and what the incoming ownership will also have to deal with, is the fact that the local fanbase are simply not interested in moving away from the Bridge, our home for over 100 years, and considering the fans own the land the stadium is built on, Abramovich quickly realised he wasn't going to be able to sell the Bridge to fund the development of the new ground. That was 10 years ago or so. He ended up deciding on redeveloping the Bridge instead a few years ago but those plans were scuppered when the UK government revoked his investors visa or whatever those things are called.

It won't be easy to navigate and we'll likely stand our ground in the face of pressure sell our shares in order to relocate, so when people in here say the stadium issue is a big and complicated issue that needs to be handled with care and diplomacy, they're not wrong.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Season ticket holder Loutfy Mansour is being mentioned as a buyer.

Mansour is another man mentioned as a conceivable proprietor of Abramovich’s empire.

He holds the position of chief executive of Man Capital, a section of his family’s enterprise, the Mansour Group.

As highlighted before, the Egyptian clearly follows Chelsea on a fan basis, possibly giving him leverage above the other interested suitors.

What supporters of the Champions League holders really want is someone who puts football first before finances.

If Mansour can ensure and prove that, then he will be welcomed into the family with open arms.
https://www.thechelseachronicle.com...lub-off-abramovich-hes-a-massive-chelsea-fan/