Romano : Ole Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

If he could have beaten Villa, Watford and Leicester and converted the bad draws against Southampton and Everton into wins, we would be joint top. It shows just how close we are in terms of results and just how far away we have been.

we need someone clinical in charge who wins the winnable games 9 times out of 10.
:lol:
What?

If our results had only been completely different, things would have been different?

Jezpeza

What?

If our results had only been completely different, things would have been different?
No, it shows how shit things have been and how easily we should have been in the title race even losing to liverpool and city

el3mel

I personally want to ever forget these 3 years. What a huge waste of time.

Not to mention the bullying done by Ole defenders every time we open our mouth to criticize him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Oh come on, the squad we have now is infinitely better than the one Jose left behind. It's not even a fair comparison.
Infinitely, my hole.

I’m not even sure it’s much better at all. We don’t have a number 9. We’ve huge doubts over almost every defender in the team. Central midfield is a disaster zone. Our keeper probably needs replaced. And we’ve far too many wide players to keep them all happy. And there’s not a single youngster at the club who Ole can take credit for establishing as a PL player while he’s been in charge. Meanwhile, Pogba, VdB and Lingard are all doing their best to leave and our top goalscorer will be 37 fecking years old before next season starts!

This myth that he’s leaving a top class squad behind needs to die. I sincerely hope a new manager can prove the critics wrong and turn water into wine but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Dobba

Infinitely, my hole.

I’m not even sure it’s much better at all. We don’t have a number 9. We’ve huge doubts over almost every defender in the team. Central midfield is a disaster zone. Our keeper probably needs replaced. And we’ve far too many wide players to keep them all happy. And there’s not a single youngster at the club who Ole can take credit for establishing as a PL player while he’s been in charge. Meanwhile, Pogba, VdB and Lingard are all doing their best to leave.

This myth that he’s leaving a top class squad behind needs to die. I sincerely hope a new manager can prove the critics wrong and turn water into wine but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Pogue, this is absolute bollocks.

Red Star One

Tell me, which team would you prefer to take over from?
I know we hold Ole to very low standards but really, I don't think even me, you or the most stupid guy you think of would leave a squad in a worse state considering almost half a billion budget and whole corporate pyramid to dilute responsibility / provide checks and balances if some really idiotic deal would be proposed.

Idxomer

What?

I think he's just trying to show how bad Ole has messed up this season.

All these teams weren't in a good form when we met them and we lost points to all of them.

Moriarty

No, that’s what I mean, Zidane is maybe the best available right now. There might be better available in the summer but that means waiting until then.
There's still a lot to play for this season. The league is out of the question but we are still in the CL and the FA Cup will begin soon. This squad should manage a top 4 spot with the right man in charge so let's hope they choose wisely and don't look too close to home for a caretaker.

Blood Mage

Sacking Ole and Phelan but keeping Carrick and McKenna is absurd. Get all of them out of there.

el3mel

There's nothing worth to remember about these 3 years. He was easily a huge and complete failure.

Splashed ton of cash, won feck all and left us miles away from the top, just like when he took charge of the team.

We can talk about this mythical rebuild as much as his defenders like, we are 7th and 12 points away from the top. He didn't challenge for the league even once, despite spending ton of money and buying ton of class players. He is leaving a complete shit show and in a miserable situation.

Huge and complete failure of an appointment.

Should have been sacked post EL final defeat. It was clear that he would never be good enough to lead us anywhere after how the last season ended.

Awful manager and awful coach.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Infinitely, my hole.

I’m not even sure it’s much better at all. We don’t have a number 9. We’ve huge doubts over almost every defender in the team. Central midfield is a disaster zone. Our keeper probably needs replaced. And we’ve far too many wide players to keep them all happy. And there’s not a single youngster at the club who Ole can take credit for establishing as a PL player while he’s been in charge. Meanwhile, Pogba, VdB and Lingard are all doing their best to leave.

Ronaldo, Cavani and Greenwood are all number 9's and Martial without all the confidence drained out of him is a good 9 also.

Greenwood would also be one of those youngsters he hasn't established.

He addressed full back, has addressed our lack of wingers and creative forces through the middle. We are a defensively minded midfielder from being serious. I want Ole gone as much as the next man but there is no need to denigrate the job he/the club has done in re-shaping the squad. It is far more talented a squad than he inherited be it through acquisitions or just rehabilitation of some players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I know we hold Ole to very low standards but really, I don't think even me, you or the most stupid guy you think of would leave a squad in a worse state considering almost half a billion budget and whole corporate pyramid to dilute responsibility / provide checks and balances if some really idiotic deal would be proposed.
That guy would you right now. Progression was limited, and the general mood of the club was in the gutter. We expect our club to be challenging now, someone we haven't been able to say in a near decade. Ultimately, Ole isn't good enough, but he leaves the club in a good state. Any sensible person can see that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Mason Greenwood.

Now comes the fun and games of how a kid who has played 75 league games at 20 years and 6 weeks old isn't an established Premier League player.
Ok. My bad. Actually thought he’d got his debut under Mourinho. One young protégé after three years in charge at a club which prides itself on youth development is still pretty poor, mind you.

LARulz

fecking hell, all these replacements bar Zidane sound tragic. I mean don't get me wrong, Zidane doesn't seem like a Guardiola/Klopp/Tuchel level (not many are) but it's Zidane so it's exciting

Irwin99

Oh come on, the squad we have now is infinitely better than the one Jose left behind. It's not even a fair comparison.
Better yes, but infinitely better? I'm really not sure. Big question marks on the signings of AWB, VDB, Telles, Amad (one for the future hopefully), and then there's the Matic, Mata, Lingard, and Pogba futures, a 36 year old Ronaldo, Cavani leaving next year and a neglected midfield.

...Squad looks suspiciously like it might need a bit of work :nervous: I think Maguire just needs a rest and Sancho will be fine in the long run but the squad needs some work I think, sooner or later.

JB7

Who would that be bar Greenwood?
When he is responding to "And there’s not a single youngster at the club who Ole can take credit for establishing as a PL player" why would he need to name anyone in addition to Greenwood?

JB7

fecking hell, all these replacements bar Zidane sound tragic. I mean don't get me wrong, Zidane doesn't seem like a Guardiola/Klopp/Tuchel level (not many are) but it's Zidane so it's exciting
Yeah a manager who doesn't even speak English and has publicly had zero interest in ever playing or managing in England. Sure he'd be coming here for all the right reasons.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Infinitely, my hole.

I’m not even sure it’s much better at all. We don’t have a number 9. We’ve huge doubts over almost every defender in the team. Central midfield is a disaster zone. Our keeper probably needs replaced. And we’ve far too many wide players to keep them all happy. And there’s not a single youngster at the club who Ole can take credit for establishing as a PL player while he’s been in charge. Meanwhile, Pogba, VdB and Lingard are all doing their best to leave and our top goalscorer will be 37 fecking years old before next season starts!

As harsh as that all sounds, it's true. The next manager will have so many huge issues to sort out, been thinking about it for a while.

It will all be exposed soon enough, Ole took so much of the attention away from certain players. Jesse, Pogba, Mata, Matic, Bailly, Telles, Dalot, Cavani will leave, maybe Martial and VDB will leave too.

Some of those should have left a while ago, but to all leave at once and having to sort out the defence and midfield in one summer is huge undertaking.

Greck

Next sack whomever gave him that contract extension. The payout alone would have helped in january transfers

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Ronaldo, Cavani and Greenwood are all number 9's and Martial without all the confidence drained out of him is a good 9 also.

He addressed full back, has addressed our lack of wingers and creative forces through the middle. We are a defensively minded midfielder from being serious. I want Ole gone as much as the next man but there is no need to denigrate the job he/the club has done in re-shaping the squad. It is far more talented a squad than he inherited be it through acquisitions or just rehabilitation of some players.
How did he “address full back”? Who has he rehabilitated? I just don’t see this fantastic squad everyone keeps talking about. We need upgrades in literally every area of the pitch. Which, after three years and that much money spent, is pretty criminal.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
How did he “address full back”? Who has he rehabilitated? I just don’t see this fantastic squad everyone keeps talking about. We need upgrades in literally every area of the pitch. Which, after three years and that much money spent, is pretty criminal.
Ok, I disagree.

Have a good one.

Djemba-Djemba

How the feck did he manage to stumble on for 4 games after Liverpool?

It'll never happen but they should be made to explain that decision.

That is such incredible ineptitude it's borderline criminal.

BlueHaze

By spending £50m on a guy who offers absolutely nothing going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.