Romano : Ole Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcking

If he burns the place to the ground on his way out then we dodged a bullet. He’s a good coach but he likes a strop way too much.
Hope he burns it down and leave this season while we employ a caretaker. Gives us another shot at getting him and correcting our feck up.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He leaves the club in a waaaaayy better place than when he picked it up. Will always be a legend.

Dante

Average bang
People get sacked all the time. Ole walks away with millions in his pockets. No idea why anyone would feel sorry for him. Hes still an iconic player here. Just a terrible manager.
He's taken the club from 6th to 3rd to 2nd in successive seasons. Clearly not a terrible manager. Just not good enough to take the final step at the crucial time.

Also, almost every manager reaches this point at almost every club. Even Klopp, Tuchel, Ancelotti and Jose in their prime have had nightmare seasons where they lose the dressing room. It happens more often than it doesn't. Ole was always going to be subject to the natural managerial lifecycle. That shouldn't erase the progress he's made before now.

hungrywing

:lol:

Would it feck. It's his money and he should get it.
We could recoup the funds by selling a subscription to an exclusive MUTV/app reality show where the Glazers have to pay Ole's severance out of their own pockets.

No other option really but Ole is and will always remain a legend. He tried his best and unfortunately it wasn’t good enough.
And now here we are back where we were before. It seems nothing ever changes and we're back to being strangers, wondering if we ought to stay or head on out the door.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This is why we should avoid appointing former players as managers. People seem to feel a great amount of more pain seeing him sacked than seeing him send the club straight to hell. Holy feck, we just witnessed maybe the worst performance in several years and people are sad that we're a step closer to moving in the right direction. Get a grip.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I remember when Sir Alex initially was going to retire, and again just before he actually did, wax lyrical about Luciano Spalletti, who was a tremendous manager for Roma.
Spalletti needs to take huge credit for effectively coming up with the 'false 9' with Totti.

Dobba

This is why we should avoid appointing former players as managers. People seem to feel a great amount of more pain seeing him sacked than seeing him send the club straight to hell. Holy feck, we just witnessed maybe the worst performance in several years and people are sad that we're a step closer to moving in the right direction. Get a grip.
Jesus fecking Christ man.

slored1

Thank god. Worst United manager in my lifetime. Wasted Pogba and Bruno's best years.

ForeverRed1

The right decision

was always ole in.. until the Leicester game.. that’s the first time I ever felt he had to go.. from there it’s just been more and more clear.

a club legend all the same.

TsuWave

Sacking doesn't feel like enough. Kinda wish we could press charges too. Guy ran a criminal organisation under the guise of "coaching staff". Him and his cohorts should be facing RICO charges

BlueHaze

A big part as of why people are pissed and sad is that there is no direction. They havn't a clue what to do next.

Dante

Average bang
Why can’t people be happy with the sacking? He’s underperformed as manager. He’s still the same legacy as a player he’s had before this stint, IMO, but nothing wrong with being happy with an underperforming manager been given the boot
Because firing him doesn't solve anything per se or make Manchester United better by default. Celebrating this in isolation means you're making it a personal vendetta against the man. Technically, we could still appoint a worse manager, so this isn't a happy thing until the later issue gets solved.

Hiring a top manager is a separate part of the process. That's what will determine the future direction of the club. That's what will eventually be celebration worthy.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Jesus fecking Christ man.
How would you describe some of the recent performances? Did you enjoy the 5-0 drubbing to Liverpool? The complete shambles against City or being destroyed by recently promoted Watford?

always_hoping

He won nothing. And he lowered standards to an absurd degree.
Need a bit of luck to win cup competitions. For example Under Jose I attended that poxy semi final win v Celta Vigo, Ole lost the same competition in the final on sudden death penalty shootout.

The standards lowered to absurd degree the moment Ferguson retired..

Dobba

How would you describe some of the recent performances? Did you enjoy the 5-0 drubbing to Liverpool? The complete shambles against City or being destroyed by recently promoted Watford?
I'd probably pass on the 'straight to hell' shit given the history of this football club in actually getting closer than most clubs thankfully ever do to it. Not some shitty fecking results.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think we all agree he always tried his best and I have no doubts he’ll be warmly welcomed back as a fan and former player. The board made this more sour than it needed to be by not letting him go after the 0-5. Wish him the best.
There might be something going wrong with him this season. He seemed overly stressful. I bet it's killing him more than we feel that he fails to finish the job.
Yeh, none of this will take away his player status as United legend.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Sacking doesn't feel like enough. Kinda wish we could press charges too. Guy ran a criminal organisation under the guise of "coaching staff". Him and his cohorts should be facing RICO charges
Agreed

Jezpeza

If he could have beaten Villa, Watford and Leicester and converted the bad draws against Southampton and Everton into wins, we would be joint top. It shows just how close we are in terms of results and just how far away we have been.

we need someone clinical in charge who wins the winnable games 9 times out of 10.

JB7

Need a bit of luck to win cup competitions. For example Under Jose I attended that poxy semi final win v Celta Vigo, Ole lost the same competition in the final on sudden death penalty shootout.

The standards lowered to absurd degree the moment Ferguson retired..
Yep, people forget we were a 93rd minute open goal miss away from going out to Celta Vigo & then got absolutely destroyed on our own patch by Sevilla under Mourinho.

Status
Not open for further replies.