Romano : Ole Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

When he took over, no one in football considered the squad title contenders. The beginning of this season had most people considering us as contenders. I'd say that's leaving the club in a better position.
Well that's a myth. A lot of people were believing Mourinho was the one holding United squad back by his football style back then, and that the squad was capable of more than what it was showing. The honeymoon period of Ole came as a proof for them back then as well.

The squad just became absolute shit in people's eyes because they wanted to defend Ole horrible run of form at the end of the season he got the job.

Anyway, nothing has changed, took us in 6th miles away from the top, left us in 7th miles away from the top.

Just splashed more money on established players and gave us an undroppable awful captain in Maguire for 80m, a 2 +35 years old strikers with no future and a fecked up midfield.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As harsh as that all sounds, it's true. The next manager will have so many huge issues to sort out, been thinking about it for a while.

It will all be exposed soon enough, Ole took so much of the attention away from certain players. Jesse, Pogba, Mata, Matic, Bailly, Telles, Dalot, Cavani will leave, maybe Martial and VDB will leave too.

Some of those should have left a while ago, but to all leave at once and having to sort out the defence and midfield in one summer is huge undertaking.
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention the absolute fecking forest of deadwood (on decent wages) his successor needs to move on as soon as he takes over. “Left us in a good place”. Yeah, right.

VivaRonaldo85

Feels the club acted too late. For me his last game should have been the disastrous Europa final. This season has been an unmitigated disaster and has been allowed to manifest to the point of no return today. The Ronaldo hysteria just patched up the heavy bleeding temporarily. Huge job for whoever the feck comes in.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Infinitely, my hole.

I’m not even sure it’s much better at all. We don’t have a number 9. We’ve huge doubts over almost every defender in the team. Central midfield is a disaster zone. Our keeper probably needs replaced. And we’ve far too many wide players to keep them all happy. And there’s not a single youngster at the club who Ole can take credit for establishing as a PL player while he’s been in charge. Meanwhile, Pogba, VdB and Lingard are all doing their best to leave and our top goalscorer will be 37 fecking years old before next season starts!

This myth that he’s leaving a top class squad behind needs to die. I sincerely hope a new manager can prove the critics wrong and turn water into wine but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Sorry Pogue, but that's horseshit.

Our back 4 in Jose's last game was Young, Bailly, Darmian and Lindelof. Herrera, Rashford, Dalot and Matic made up the midfield, with Lingard and Lukaku up top. Herrera forced his way out. Rashford and Dalot were being played as orthodox wide men. Lukaku was a mess and Darmian and Young were horrendous defenders. But sure, it's not improved...

LARulz

Yeah a manager who doesn't even speak English and has publicly had zero interest in ever playing or managing in England. Sure he'd be coming here for all the right reasons.
What are the right reasons? They care about the club? If that's the case then you are going down ex player route. You telling me Klopp cared about Liverpool? Or Guardiola about City? Tuchel about Chelsea? Of course not

A manager cares about their legacy. They want to win. Zidane comes here cos he is being paid a fortune will still want to win and protect his legacy. I couldn't care less if he isn't screaming "United way" every press conference, as long as he wins. No manager we get outside of ex players will be coming for any other reason than money and for their own legacy

Also for the players, he would honestly steady the ship. He has instant respect from all our players and the ones who are most likely pissed will feel happier. Most other managers will have a massive task on their hands not just in sorting results out but managing that dressing room. Someone like Zidane has the dressing room sorted just by his name alone.... at least initially

Of course, whether he wants to come is another question. But do believe you throw enough money at someone and they will

hungrywing

I love the managerial link royal rumble, hope ten Hag wins it this time round.
This is genius.

Step one: lock Glazers in a room.
Step two: film the process of them trying to name thirty football managers.
Step three: organize PPV event of the above process and get our "650 million fans worldwide" (tm) to watch it for £1 each.
Step four: pay off debt, put rest aside for rainy day

Banat

He was easily the most inept and clueless manager in our recent history.
Won nothing, played shit football, couldn't coach to save his life.
And getting praise for steadying the ship after Jose, we are now in even more dire situation.
I only felt so emotionally drained and numb after Fulham with Moyes in charge.
So yeah, thanks for everything, but good riddance.
Can't believe some people are actually feeling sorry for him, he almost ruined this football club.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Infinitely, my hole.

I’m not even sure it’s much better at all. We don’t have a number 9. We’ve huge doubts over almost every defender in the team. Central midfield is a disaster zone. Our keeper probably needs replaced. And we’ve far too many wide players to keep them all happy. And there’s not a single youngster at the club who Ole can take credit for establishing as a PL player while he’s been in charge. Meanwhile, Pogba, VdB and Lingard are all doing their best to leave and our top goalscorer will be 37 fecking years old before next season starts!

This myth that he’s leaving a top class squad behind needs to die. I sincerely hope a new manager can prove the critics wrong and turn water into wine but I wouldn’t bet on it.
But still better?

Greck

freaking mike phelan would be a better successor than them. Hard pass. They were part of the failed regime, not even peripheral actors, they were right there in the thick of the mediocrity.

R'hllor

Are people really that desperate to argue who left squad in better state, who gives a shit, its in the past or you have to do it, because its really important, for your guy not to be remembered as worse than the guy that some others are fighting for. What the actual feck.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Infinitely, my hole.

Harsh, it’s a strong squad and that is reflected in the expectations we have now.

The main problem is that midfield is so utterly light and average, once that’s sorted it’s a team that ought to be challenging to be honest.

Dobba

Ridiculous claim.
Personally, he's a bigger club legend than both. Both are better players, one considerably more so than the other.

Ronaldo's the best player to ever kick a ball but his best years were elsewhere and if Rooney had been binned when he should have been would be 50-60 goals short of the record he now holds. Hell, if Solskjaer's injury record was better, he'd have been in with a shout of getting it himself.

Rajma

Get in, hopefully, no more meme managers at this club. I’m happy for Woodward to be shown up again for the clown he’s, extending without a good reason Ole’s contract in the summer must one of the dumbest things he did while being CEO and the selection is pretty wide.

Djemba-Djemba

I don't feel the same relief as I felt when the other managers were sacked.

Sad that it came to this with Ole and very worried about where we go from here.

MasterCode

Infinitely, my hole.

Have a day off with the agenda, waffle and have some class about an exiting manager. He's leaving now. No need for revisionst nonsense. It's a better squad hence the fanbase expectations were where it is this season.

Greck

This club is so foolish. Last year was the best pool of available managers in a decade. We not only passed on that but waited till the only available one got snapped up. All our failed managers wouldn't have been as big a failure if we addressed the situation before rock bottom. Unfortunately the club has an obsession with giving them chances beyond what is redeemable.

Cloud7

Finally. Finally it’s over.

May we never hire another ex player as manager ever again.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Harsh, it’s a strong squad and that is reflected in the expectations we have now.

The main problem is that midfield is so utterly light and average, once that’s sorted it’s a team that ought to be challenging to be honest.
Will we win a CL with Maguire and AWB as two of our back four?

If I’m optimistic, maybe. But it’s hard not to have fairly major doubts about both of them.

And that’s ignoring the the midfield snafu and lack of any obvious candidate as a prolific central striker we’re going to need over the next few seasons if we’re to win anything major.

And the goalkeeper situation…

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Will we win a CL with Maguire and AWB as two of our back four?

If I’m optimistic, maybe. But it’s hard not to have fairly major doubts about both of them.

And that’s ignoring the the midfield snafu and lack of any obvious candidate as a prolific central striker we’re going to need over the next few seasons if we’re to win anything major.
The point is that it’s a much stronger squad than when he took over.

Rajma

I personally want to ever forget these 3 years. What a huge waste of time.

Not to mention the bullying done by Ole defenders every time we open our mouth to criticize him.
I genuinely want to give a big feck you for those that cheered on his cluelessness these years but I’m not a top red so won’t be giving these people a hard time and act with a sense of superiority for calling out a spade. Imagine how stupid those creating a thread in general must feel.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Personally, he's a bigger club legend than both. Both are better players, one considerably more so than the other.

Ronaldo's the best player to ever kick a ball but his best years were elsewhere and if Rooney had been binned when he should have been would be 50-60 goals short of the record he now holds. Hell, if Solskjaer's injury record was better, he'd have been in with a shout of getting it himself.
I couldn't disagree with you more. How on earth can anybody claim Ole is bigger legend that Rooney or Ronaldo. Its beyond me, I wouldn't even compare him with York Cole let alone Rooney Ronaldo. Worlds apart.

Jackal981

Ridiculous claim.
Such a bollox. Rooney is 10x the player Ole is. He’s our top scorer for a reason. Ole as a player does not fit to lace Rooney’s boots. Now that his shit managerial career has ended I saw a lot of his defenders claiming that he is a big legend for us. The way they talked about him is like he is Di Stefano for Madrid. He might be a cult hero who lives in moments (like his tactics as a manager) but in no way shape of form he is in the same league as Rooney, Cantona, Rio, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.