Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I found the funniest thing is that he's the one who talks most about improving and fighting in the media but keeps dropping these stinkers of lazy attitude on the pitch. He has a big mouth that's for sure.
I alway say that he is a big game talker but a shit game player.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He acted like He was Dimitar Berbatov when He was more like Dr. Dimitri Berbatov in SteveJ's thread.

We can't afford him being this lazy on the pitch. He's quite fast for someone as big as him. He should make those runs.

Tiber

Meh he was ok today. But when it comes to starting upfront I would pick both Rashford and Martial ahead of him

Whether the job goes to Ole or Poch? It's hard to picture him at United next year.

Devil may care

Had a half decent effort on their goal but he's so lazy, he just strolls around and doesn't look overly interested to me.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I wonder if the same criticisms will be aimed at Martial. Lukaku contributed more. None of our attackers were on it.
No he didn't. Not even close. Martial held the ball up well, was fouled multiple times, made a key defensive interception and killed loads of time on his own. Lukaku did less than nothing.

We need an rvn

He was on for what, 15 minutes and when we needed him to put a bit of pressure on their defence after we lost the ball he didn't look bothered.

Absolutely disgusted after you think how rashford, lingers and sanchez put in.

No wonder the guy is a bench warmer when he plays like this.

Kostov

Good shot and cross attempt, coupled with some disinterested strawing around the pitch. I want him to do more when he comes on, that was not enough, same thing that Ole would think when he sees his effort in my opinion.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Martial was considerably more involved, so no, it won’t be.

I like Lukaku. I’ve defended him more than most. But that was fecking atrocious. Denying this is wilful ignorance.
And did sod all with it. It’s one rule for one and one for another. Describe his little cameo as atrocious is ridiculously over the top.

marko goalo

Honestly thought buying a twenty a season striker would be good for us because he could help us batter the lower placed teams (something we've struggled with) and would be a good edition upfront, would hopefully build a relationship with Pogba due to their friendship and turn those 1 points into 3. His deficiencies of technique and build up play wouldn't be an issue because I hoped his touch would be a shot on goal (box player etc).

How on earth he scored so many goals for WBA and Everton I have no idea. He isn't an athlete, has zero stamina and I would back myself in a fifty fifty against him solely because of how weak he seems. I still stand by developing early and outsizing players at lower aged groups meant he could easily hide his complete lack of technique and he could steamroller smaller players and score bucket loads.

I've never seen someone so big be utterly bullied, dominated by so many mediocre and smaller centre backs and they are not even resorting to the darker arts, solely just by doing the basics of defending.

Bear with me here but look at someone like Paul Dickov, small, not very talented, utterly bullied defenders, wasn't especially quick either. Look at Dean Ashton, an utter handful, again not fast and smaller than Lukaku. Drogba, would dominate two centre backs on his own. Mitrovic, awkward and difficult. Costa nightmare to play against.

Lukaku has based his game on getting in behind but really lacks the mobility to keep making runs and pulling defenders around, coincided with a less than clinical finishing pedigree and what you have is someone who could be plying his trade a league below.

Should of realised when 5'10'', 75kg Daley Blind kept him quiet on the regular.

/rant
Good post

Those games Daley kept him quite were the first warning signs for me that perhaps this guy isn't that great

ivaldo

No he didn't. Not even close. Martial held the ball up well, was fouled multiple times, made a key defensive interception and killed loads of time on his own. Lukaku did less than nothing.
Lukaku won the ball centrally which could well have resulted in a goal, ran at players and occupied their centrebacks, Martial ran into blind alleys and gave the ball away. See, we both can exaggerate.

ivaldo

He did except for the one moment where he was unsure what to do when Young had the ball. But that'll be used to tear him down regardless of whatever else he did.
Yup. Our entire play had ground to a halt at that point in the game to take the sting out of the match. In that gif which is used to batter Lukaku in you can actually see Martial doing even less than Lukaku, while there not being another player visible.

ivaldo

It’s not. He walked around like a lazy bastard.
Literally take a look at the gif which you and others are giving Lukaku pelters for and explain what Martial is doing in it, go on.

ravi2

When Lukaku is on, we may have well play with 10 players on the pitch. He should be sold this summer without question. I hope we get an offer for around 50m.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Promote Greenwood, do everything to save the season and pray Ole will tell Lukaku despite low place in the table, this is not Everton.

arthurka

What striker is available to replace this dud.
Think we should promote Greenwood and let Martial,Rash and him compete for it. Use the money to buy a RW..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
People are being unecessary melodramatic. He had a bad moment here and there but it wasn't a poor substitute performance. A few decent moments, got a good shot away. I mean, let's not pretend that finish aside Rashford was great today. You'd think him, Sanchez and Lingard were incredible while Lukaku was hopeless going by some comments.

And I don't even feel he should start. Just that lets ease up on the harsh critique of 10 minute substitute showings

Kag

Literally take a look at the gif which you and others are giving Lukaku pelters for and explain what Martial is doing in it, go on.
I’m not here to discuss Martial. I’m discussing Lukaku. In particular, his work rate, which has been an issue in a few games now; today being the worst of all.

On 86 minutes he took a shot on goal which was saved by Kasper and just stood about until he realised Chilwell was going to keep the ball in. So it’s not isolated.

Lukaku is getting pelters because his workrate was shit. That’s all there is to it. You don’t like it so you’re going out of your way to turn it around to a discussion about other players. You can do that in the Martial thread and knock yourself out.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He is no better than Lukaku. With a shit attitude also.
Sorry but this is hilarious. Even a Lukaku at his absolute best isn't that close to Aubameyang. Both Lacazette and Auba would have been far better signings more suited to a top team than Lukaku. He's just not good enough.

If he didn't have massive wages and the price tag, if we didn't bring him in but he was just a guy that we bought from a young age (basically if we ignore all previous reputation), we would have no problem selling him or just giving him a permanent squad player status. People keep waiting for him to "come good". This is just who he is. He's a decent goalscorer with a very below par all round game and below par off the ball movement, but thinks he's a star in his head. The problem will be getting rid of him, same with Sanchez.

steakpie

When he joined, he said he wanted to prove he was ready for a team like United. But then he comes on and doesn't even run beyond the defenders.

What happened to your desire Rom?

Last edited by a moderator:

ravi2

Sorry but this is hilarious. Even a Lukaku at his absolute best isn't that close to Aubameyang. Both Lacazette and Auba would have been far better signings more suited to a top team than Lukaku. He's just not good enough.

If he didn't have massive wages and the price tag, if we didn't bring him in but he was just a guy that we bought from a young age (basically if we ignore all previous reputation), we would have no problem selling him or just giving him a permanent squad player status. People keep waiting for him to "come good". This is just who he is. He's a decent goalscorer with a very below par all round game and below par off the ball movement, but thinks he's a star in his head. The problem will be getting rid of him, same with Sanchez.
That the worrying thing.. Who is going to buy Lukaku and Sanchez at the wages they are on? Whoever is the new dof is going to have his work cut out for him.

bosnian_red

Pepole are shitting on Lukaku because he was clearly the open man for a pass, Martial's on the other side of the pitch and has nothing to do with the play. We're trying to keep possession of the ball, he's just come on and can't even put the effort in to open himself up to a pass or stay on his toes to be sharper. It's pathetic.

ivaldo

Pepole are shitting on Lukaku because he was clearly the open man for a pass, Martial's on the other side of the pitch and has nothing to do with the play. We're trying to keep possession of the ball, he's just come on and can't even put the effort in to open himself up to a pass or stay on his toes to be sharper. It's pathetic.
What were you expecting Lukaku to do with that pass exactly? His nearest player had actually stopped moving completely at that point. No other player had made an effort to get up to support him. If anything he's simply not expecting the team to play the ball into a contentious area, you can see that by his pointing to play it back, which was consistent with how we were trying to take the sting out of the game for those last 15 minutes or so.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Martial shouldn't make the first run in this instance because if he runs to the ball he occupies the space Lukaku is in and brings defenders with him. So unless Lukaku spins and they swap places...you'd want Martial to make the run after Lukaku moves.....what Young wanted and what Lukaku should've done is make a run into the channel. Then Martial would have to hit the box.

Anyone who looks at that and defends Lukaku....needs serious questions asking of them.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That the worrying thing.. Who is going to buy Lukaku and Sanchez at the wages they are on? Whoever is the new dof is going to have his work cut out for him.
If you doctor old clips you can put together solid highlights to send around Europe.

ivaldo

I’m not here to discuss Martial. I’m discussing Lukaku. In particular, his work rate, which has been an issue in a few games now; today being the worst of all.

On 86 minutes he took a shot on goal which was saved by Kasper and just stood about until he realised Chilwell was going to keep the ball in. So it’s not isolated.

Lukaku is getting pelters because his workrate was shit. That’s all there is to it. You don’t like it so you’re going out of your way to turn it around to a discussion about other players. You can do that in the Martial thread and knock yourself out.
Why not? I don't see you in the Martial thread calling his work atrocious, and you've just told me it isn't one rule for one and one for another. What I don't like is the ridiculous overreaction in order to criticize players posters don't like. I'm old fashioned like that.

What's your point? You wanted him to chase a ball he wasn't going to keep in? As you've just said, as soon as he realised Chilwell would keep it in, he pressed. But you've decided that's a lack of workrate, despite pointing out yourself it was a misjudgement.

That's the thing, I'm not doing it in either thread.

bosnian_red

What were you expecting Lukaku to do with that pass exactly? His nearest player had actually stopped moving completely at that point. No other player had made an effort to get up to support him. If anything he's simply not expecting the team to play the ball into a contentious area, you can see that by his pointing to play it back, which was consistent with how we were trying to take the sting out of the game for those last 15 minutes or so.
Be on his toes and open up his body more to actually receive the pass is the first thing. Put his ass in the defender, hold on to it and lay it back off to someone? You know, standard attacking hold up play. It's the basics, needing to actually explain this is the problem with Lukaku. His weaknesses are the basics of the game and that's why he'll never be good enough.

Kag

Why not? I don't see you in the Martial thread calling his work atrocious, and you've just told me it isn't one rule for one and one for another. What I don't like is the ridiculous overreaction in order to criticize players posters don't like. I'm old fashioned like that.

What's your point? You wanted him to chase a ball he wasn't going to keep in? As you've just said, as soon as he realised Chilwell would keep it in, he pressed. But you've decided that's a lack of workrate, despite pointing out yourself it was a misjudgement.

That's the thing, I'm not doing it in either thread.
I don’t think Martial’s work rate was a problem. I think Lukaku’s was. I think it has been for a number of weeks, Arsenal aside.

Dislike the ‘overreaction’ all you want. His work rate was lazy and he’s quite rightly being criticised by a number of people as a result.

Kostov

What is hilarious? Lukaku at his absolute best is the same level with Aubameyang in my opinion. Not even close to Aubameyang? Now that is hilarious.

Aubameyang is a good striker, but also a speed merchant for who Arsenal payed 65m euros and he is 30 in June. You can imagine he does not play for free neither, contrary I guess he is on higher wages than Romelu.

bosnian_red

What is hilarious? Lukaku at his absolute best is the same level with Aubameyang in my opinion. Not even close to Aubameyang? Now that is hilarious.

Aubameyang is a good striker, but also a speed merchant for who Arsenal payed 65m euros and he is 30 in June. You can imagine he does not play for free neither, contrary I guess he is on higher wages than Romelu.
Both are poachers who if you're looking at them for their overall games, would be pretty much mid table players. Aubameyang actually performs in big games, Lukaku constantly goes to shit in them. Not only that, but Aubameyang has pretty much always scored at a much higher rate than Lukaku. Basically take Lukaku's totals, and add 10 goals a season on top of them and you'll get Aubameyang. He's on another level to Lukaku.

As for the wages, not sure what the feck that has to do with anything. We spent 75m on Lukaku, I doubt there's a massive difference in their wages.

Vanya

Should be sold in the summer. Just not a good enough a footballer to be playing for United

ivaldo

Be on his toes and open up his body more to actually receive the pass is the first thing. Put his ass in the defender, hold on to it and lay it back off to someone? You know, standard attacking hold up play. It's the basics, needing to actually explain this is the problem with Lukaku. His weaknesses are the basics of the game and that's why he'll never be good enough.
Why the hell would you want to play a pass into an iscolated, marked player for him to play it backwards to a player who is already unmarked? What do you think this acheives apart from risking losing the possession, the single thing we are trying to acheive?

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
The clip looked bad but realistically he was keeping 3-4 Leicester defenders occupied and we just needed to keep possession. Don't know why Young played the pass into his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.