Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Thanks Gilford.

This moment had me fuming. How is that acceptable at all? You're a 90m striker who's just come on to fight for your place when the team needs a goal or needs to kill time. You ought to be buzzing around dragging out everyone out of position.

In that moment you have to get in behind for a through ball
. At the very least you offer some hold up while others run past you. Worst case scenario, you receive, pass back and go back to cosplaying a statue again. He did nothing, not even move towards the ball. That lazy jog once his ball was intercepted - embarrassing.

We should cut our losses as soon as possible. He's so bad he's not even a squad option. Rather see a youth academy player.
If he did that, it's a guarantee 1v1 with the keeper because the Leicester backline was knackered. Lukaku can never complain about not getting chances when he is so fecking lazy to make runs.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Expect him to put in a shift when he comes on fresh off the bench. We needed to kill the game off, and he put it no effort.

Ole being a super sub for years knows what it takes, and i hope he sets him straight.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pretty disgraceful attitude yesterday. If Ole didn't tear a strip off him after that then he's not doing his job.
Think it was telling that Ashley Young had to fecking point at him and literally ask him to make that run. What the feck was he doing?

You don't have to play football to understand what players are doing on the pitch. Strikers tuck themselves in between defenders all the time. While the rest of the team plays around the striker. Yes he is occupying defenders, because they can't come out and defend other players when he's there.

The fact that people are micro analysing that pass is laughable. It was just a miscommunication between Young and Lukaku.
Not really. It's a centre backs job to get tight to the striker, it's the strikers job to lose them or pull them out of the way of others. If the ball is in another part of the pitch then everyone stands still and gets a few seconds rest, but when the ball comes towards you any striker worthy of the name is on the move and trying to get half a yard on his defender.

There are many things Lukaku could have done there but jogging slowly forward in a straight line is not one of them.

Last edited:

PaulRich

Played like a player who knows his time is up.

Somebody above commented that he should start on the right against Fulham.

To be fair, he should start on the right FOR Fulham - that's his level.

kr0nix

I found the funniest thing is that he's the one who talks most about improving and fighting in the media but keeps dropping these stinkers of lazy attitude on the pitch. He has a big mouth that's for sure.

Beagle

Utterly pointless sub. Ole needs to stop using this guy from the bench to kill the game.
If he can't scare and terrorize a team which is pushing forward to score a goal late in a game then he won't be of much use to United in any other circumstance.

The kind of space he got against Arsenal will rarely be given to him except for situations like this when the home team are chasing a game and leaving gaps behind. For a player that lacks in technique it is an ideal opportunity to thrive since he is afforded more time and space than in normal circumstances. Still Lukaku manages to look tired and slow. Ben Chilwell has no hesitation to leave him and join the attack at his will knowing he can track back and catch up to Lukaku even if the latter has a headstart.

Renegade

Every game you can see Pogba get noticeably frustrated at him for his poor control or poor movement. You compare his movement to Aguero’s and it’s night and day. Even the shot he took had no technique or precision just smashed it as hard as he could. Is that what 75m gets you? I think he belongs in the level below the top top teams he’ll continue to be a very good goalscorer where ever he goes but can’t see him playing a big club again.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
No he was not. They could keep their shape with no effort since he did no attempt what so ever to make a run and he was easily dispossessed when he got the ball because did not put his body between the ball and the defenders. In a situation like that you either try to make a run or hold up the ball and he did neither.
I get what you're saying, I do agree Lukaku should have run to the corner to offer himself but we were holding on at this point. Young could have turned around and passed it back to whichever CM was in his position because Leicester (and we) were shattered.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I get what you're saying, I do agree Lukaku should have run to the corner to offer himself but we were holding on at this point. Young could have turned around and passed it back to whichever CM was in his position because Leicester (and we) were shattered.
Sure, if this was an isolated incident, but its been like this all year and it was just the same vs Tottenham where he got subbed on and barely bothered to go into a light jog when his teammates were busting a gut to contain them. And having to pass back because your striker cant be bothered to move isnt really a problem a top team should be having, if we were 3-0 up then no one would have cared, but we were defending a 1-0 lead

I'd be thrilled if he could turn into him old self, because with the coming program, we sure as feck need all hands to the pumps, but Lukaku has some serious work to do

Matt007a

This really summed up Lukaku of late didn't it? It's the 90th minute of the game. A fresh striker who is huge and fast against tired, leggy defenders. As soon as Young receives the ball, he points as if to say "Why are you not making a run!?" and he still doesn't go even then. Even if he didn't get a goal scoring chance from it, running in behind and taking it to the corner flag would have been perfectly acceptable at that stage of the match. You can forgive a lack of quality to an extent, but you can't forgive laziness.

I'm not sure why Martial is being dragged into this, while I agree he does need to improve his movement and make more runs as a general rule, I didn't think there was anything wrong with his play yesterday. In the last 10 minutes, he frequently held the ball and took it towards the corner, while winning a couple of free kicks. It's not the most positive style of play, but at that time in the game Leicester were the only team who looked like scoring. Killing time was the correct thing to do.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Greenwood should be getting minutes over him sometimes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think it's clear he's lacking confidence, the shot he took had no conviction about it whatsoever but yeah that gif that was posted is pretty damning and highlights his lack of effort coming on for a player who has ran himself into the ground

Raw

I can't see him having much of a future here any more. He'll be stuck as backup to Rashford which he'll be unhappy with, which will in turn affect his performances (more than they do already). Get rid while he still has some value.

Bola

Greenwood should be getting minutes over him sometimes.
This is one area where I an annoyed with OGS. He said everyone would get a chance, but why not Greenwood.

Mata and Lukkaku are rotation options for the front 3, but are not doing enough to be guaranteed match day squad players (never mind first teamers).

Getting dropped for Greenwood could be the final shot in the arm that Lukkaku needs. As it stands, his trajectory is to be offloaded at the end of the season (If the club has sense)

Patrick08

You can't but laugh at this. :lol:
These press statements are heavily influenced By PR for the players I believe. It comes out so ridiculous now. One can clearly see the weight and beef he has put on which has heavily affected his mobility on the pitch and performances as well. The lukaku who used to bully small clubs defences is no longer to be seen. Needs to get his act together if he has any motivation to succeed at this club.

Sauldogba

I'm seeing this everywhere on sports forums these days. I think it's a result of many younger people are becoming fans of certain players first and foremost, before the club. That leads to over the top bashing instead of players they dislike, or are in direct competition with their player. As a result, this place doesn't look like it consists of a group of fans that support the same team. It's more like a bunch of rival fans shitting on each other. That was so obvious when only one of Radhford and Martial were starting.

This thread has turned in to a joke. Lukaku can score a hattrick and people would only talk about that one bad touch he had.
People need to just admit that they dont like him.
I might have respect for them instead of them nitpicking and using him as a scape goat.
Im not that big a fan of his but he was fine today.
Good touch,linked up well,had a couple of shots on target but hey ho he didnt press once or twice during his cameo.
Regarding people being fans of players rather than the team this has been going on for years.
Berba vs Hernandez was the first instance i can recall of pure fanboyism and bias.

zenith

If rashford is going to be our long term striker then it makes more sense to play either martial or Sanchez as a back up when he is injured or suspended, in order to keep our style of play.

But Even if we keep ole as manager and decide that lukaku is surplus to requirement, I wonder if we'll be able to recoup much for him.

youmeletsfly

If rashford is going to be our long term striker then it makes more sense to play either martial or Sanchez as a back up when he is injured or suspended, in order to keep our style of play.

But Even if we keep ole as manager and decide that lukaku is surplus to requirement, I wonder if we'll be able to recoup much for him.
Well, he's not starting games, he's unfit, can't run, can't dribble.
We might get 40-50 mil back which is fine.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm seeing this everywhere on sports forums these days. I think it's a result of many younger people are becoming fans of certain players first and foremost, before the club. That leads to over the top bashing instead of players they dislike, or are in direct competition with their player. As a result, this place doesn't look like it consists of a group of fans that support the same team. It's more like a bunch of rival fans shitting on each other. That was so obvious when only one of Radhford and Martial were starting.

This thread has turned in to a joke. Lukaku can score a hattrick and people would only talk about that one bad touch he had.
No they wouldn't, come on. Your argument that any criticism of Lukaku is the result of people not liking him is utter bullshit, because if you were to go back to when he was scoring and putting in respectful performances under Mourinho last season he was being lavished with praise. If Lukaku scored a hatrick and was still criticized for his poor touch, well then those posters should be named and shamed, but as it stands currently, most of the posts on here are justified by his half ass performances and fitness levels.

Rockets Redglare

Hopefully he’ll be sold in the summer. His lack of ability on the ball and all round poor play is one thing, but standing around and not putting in any effort is inexcusable.

Jeffthered

He is thinking about his game too much. Off the pitch he seems quite affable, multi-lingual, and culturally aware... I wonder whether he is hungry enough to be a real monster of a player.. you need that to lead the line at United. Rashford also needs this in his game.. and he is learning under the best coach who fully understand this.

Van persie, Rooney... RVN... Cole, Hughes, King Eric... I could go all the way back to a player called Joe Jordan (many on here may not have even have heard of him...) who was a hard, nasty but very stylish centre-forward at United.. Ronaldo, Tevez... Sheringham... all had a really cold, nasty, single-minded streak about them. They wanted to lead the line, and score goals.. all types of goals, and smash defenders up if necessary.

Lukaku... seems to be caught up in being not so much one thing or another. He needs to be a little like Drogba, Shearer etc.. horrible, awkward when required, and absolutely devastating.

None of our forwards seem to want to be this way. United fans like this in a No 9. Winners, fighters.. with class. Lukaku seems like he is a yard short at times. A united forward needs to be a yard ahead.

Irrational.

He's not a United striker and he never was. He may have the attitude mentally but everything else contradicts that.

Another Jose dud. We need to get rid and recoup as much of the ~£90 million :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: we can.

Thank goodness for our academy and Rashford.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

That's such a lazy strawman, because then any criticism can be written off as people having hidden agendas. If Lukaku played like Ronaldo did for us in his hayday i can guarantee this thread would be nothing but praise and OTT love poems

And the bolded part: It has always been like that with young kids, but its something they grow out of as they get older. When my nephew was 10 he was more a Pogba fan than a United fan, but as he got older he got more involved with the club rather than individual players. Besides,i honestly dont think many under the age of 18 would bother to create an account here only to rave on about a player they (dont) like

Janson

No they wouldn't, come on. Your argument that any criticism of Lukaku is the result of people not liking him is utter bullshit, because if you were to go back to when he was scoring and putting in respectful performances under Mourinho last season he was being lavished with praise. If Lukaku scored a hatrick and was still criticized for his poor touch, well then those posters should be named and shamed, but as it stands currently, most of the posts on here are justified by his half ass performances and fitness levels.
Not saying that any criticism of him is a result of people not liking him, of course he hasn't been good for a while. Anyone can see that. The bashing is way over the top though because of bias imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.