4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

We're down the bare bones right now and we need our experienced players to step up.

He's been dreadful this season, some of the worst performances I've seen from a Utd player. But in this next month he has to step it up, we need him to start scoring again. A good end to the season might save his Utd career.

Sylar

The problem is his fitness (or maybe the extra muscle/weight). He had one sprint in the second half, (midway through) then was huffing and puffing. It was so strange to see given hes not been playing a lot and should be in great condition.

His crossing is still fantastic into the box (he whips it in) and his assist to Lingard was beautiful.

He has to do so much more for us but he did as fine as you would expect from him.

haram

You cannot expect someone the size of Rom to be going up and down with someone as dynamic as Robertson and still expect him to press and run when Rashford is playing with one leg.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The lack of quality in the final third is really worrying. Not sure he can save his career here

deafepl

I feel like Lukaku is one of the most intelligent when making a better decision with balls. If Rashford has Lukaku's brain combing with the first touch, movement, pace, energy, passion and comfortable with balls he already has, Rashford would be the best player in the league.

Lukaku should stay for next season before we decided to sell Lukaku because he is the only player in our squad who can make Rashford much better and learn more from Lukaku who have experience of playing in the league for years as striker and scored 100+ goal.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The consensus I see is that he worked his ass off, created the best chance(s) of the game and should have had a glorious assist. Just about fair but then I read he was shocking or poor anyway. Pure logic. Exactly what I've stressed the last time he played - if he can't get credit for the good bits or games he has, then it's no wonder this thread looks like it does and skews the opinion of fence sitters.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It's really mind-boggling seeing you've got zounds of games you can legitimately bollock him for anyway. Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if there were people asking for a gif of a meaningless poor fist touch in the 62th minute or so.

haram

Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if there were people asking for a gif of a meaningless poor fist touch in the 62th minute or so.
Yeah, and when I called the person out on it he claimed it happens for every player on here. Absolute bollocks.

Sauldogba

Yeah people come in here after every game regardless of how he plays asking for a clip where he makes a mistake. Literally doesnt happen to any other player.
Said the same thing myself a few days ago.

flappyjay

The problem is his fitness (or maybe the extra muscle/weight). He had one sprint in the second half, (midway through) then was huffing and puffing. It was so strange to see given hes not been playing a lot and should be in great condition.

His crossing is still fantastic into the box (he whips it in) and his assist to Lingard was beautiful.

He has to do so much more for us but he did as fine as you would expect from him.
exactly, he created two great chances for us today the lingard chance and the cross that smalling hesitated to tap inn

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's really mind-boggling seeing you've got zounds of games you can legitimately bollock him for anyway. Maybe I'm wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if there were people asking for a gif of a meaningless poor fist touch in the 62th minute or so.
He can make two crosses but can still get laughed at for a ball bouncing off him, jeez.
I don’t want him to fail but it’s hard to take posts serious saying he had a great game because of two crosses and he tracked back a bit.

He put in hell of a shift tracking back yesterday to cover with Young but then the amount he walked around in between it and still have balls bouncing off him and miss placed passes, I don’t think it’s enough, and he genuinely can’t help it.

Lukaku is basically flashes of brilliance/ok-ness in between masses of laughable stuff, bouncing balls, missed passes and pointing.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Key pass, not assist.

flappyjay

The consensus I see is that he worked his ass off, created the best chance(s) of the game and should have had a glorious assist. Just about fair but then I read he was shocking or poor anyway. Pure logic. Exactly what I've stressed the last time he played - if he can't get credit for the good bits or games he has, then it's no wonder this thread looks like it does and skews the opinion of fence sitters.
yeah i felt he did more than enough against a good opponent. Creating two clear cut chances like that deserves praise.

cyberman

He can make two crosses but can still get laughed at for a ball bouncing off him, jeez.
I don’t want him to fail but it’s hard to take posts serious saying he had a great game because of two crosses and he tracked back a bit.

He put in hell of a shift tracking back yesterday to cover with Young but then the amount he walked around in between it and still have balls bouncing off him and miss placed passes, I don’t think it’s enough, and he genuinely can’t help it.

Lukaku is basically flashes of brilliance/ok-ness in between masses of laughable stuff, bouncing balls, missed passes and pointing.
But the laughing at him regardless takes away from analyzing his actual performance. It's unfair and takes away from measuring his impact on a game, especially yesterday.
Thats the World Cup, Arsenal and Chelsea away and now the EPL league leaders that he has had a considerable impact from the right hand side. He is providing width while being able to allow us to play with split strikers and have a false 9 work hard to support the midfield.
That's not being taken on board because of lolz, anybody see the first touch in the 5th minute? He's not Ronaldo / Rooney so get rid. Donkey.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
But the laughing at him regardless takes away from analyzing his actual performance. It's unfair and takes away from measuring his impact on a game, especially yesterday.
Thats the World Cup, Arsenal and Chelsea away and now the EPL league leaders that he has had a considerable impact from the right hand side. He is providing width while being able to allow us to play with split strikers and have a false 9 work hard to support the midfield.
That's not being taken on board because of lolz, anybody see the first touch in the 5th minute? He's not Ronaldo / Rooney so get rid. Donkey.
That’s fair enough, I can only speak for myself.
I said he done ok straight after the game yesterday, he actually shocked me that he was getting back and covering and putting a ‘shift’ in, he still angered me by walking or pointing at times but let it go because I knew he was gassed!

I also agree he’s been dangerous from the right, I don’t think he’d like it out there all the time for tracking back reasons, I’m not sure he could be out there regular and not be a liability tracking back. Maybe we could and set up that he doesn’t need to.

I think the way we were set up yesterday and with him on the right and tracking back was purely down to rashford injury though.

cyberman

That’s fair enough, I can only speak for myself.
I said he done ok straight after the game yesterday, he actually shocked me that he was getting back and covering and putting a ‘shift’ in, he still angered me by walking or pointing at times but let it go because I knew he was gassed!

I also agree he’s been dangerous from the right, I don’t think he’d like it out there all the time for tracking back reasons, I’m not sure he could be out there regular and not be a liability tracking back. Maybe we could and set up that he doesn’t need to.

I think the way we were set up yesterday and with him on the right and tracking back was purely down to rashford injury though.
I don't think he needs to track back that much without the midfield injuries though. Ole seems to want to keep the three forwards pushed up.
Yesterday was a just a unique game. Even if we lost I don't think it would warrant that much scrutiny.

AngliaRed

His first touch is his biggest issue. It’s dreadful and it should be mastered at the elite level he plays at.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don't think he needs to track back that much without the midfield injuries though. Ole seems to want to keep the three forwards pushed up.
Yesterday was a just a unique game. Even if we lost I don't think it would warrant that much scrutiny.
True that. I would definitely prefer him starting from out there. He has more time to control the ball, he’s not likely to be receiving it with a defender up his arse he can take it and face straight away, he’s got a bit of pace if he has lots of space in front of him to open up, he has got a wicked cross on him.

All positives and moves him away from what he struggles with when he’s being crowded out.

Janson

In my defence, I was definitely right in this case.
I wasn't criticising your opinion, and I feel the same about his performance. I was just trying to show how so many fans watch a game and see complete opposite things.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
To the people who would be happy to keep him as a squad player to come of the bench, do you guys think it would be prudent to have a £90m player as back up?

AndyJ1985

To the people who would be happy to keep him as a squad player to come of the bench, do you guys think it would be prudent to have a £90m player as back up?
He's not worth anywhere close to that, we just massively overpaid again.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's not worth anywhere close to that, we just massively overpaid again.
I agree we got robbed, but I also don't see how it makes any sense keeping him as a back up option like some are suggesting. If the manager doesn't deem him good enough to start for us, then he should be sold. He's on huge wages on top of the huge transfer fee which makes no sense to keep as back up from the clubs POV.

iKeano

How he's continually allowed to remain hugely overweight is a disgrace.

He looks like a retired footballer playing in Soccer Aid, with the first touch of a retired Hollyoaks actor playing in Soccer Aid.

Still, he manages to point a LOT.

Member 39557

How he's continually allowed to remain hugely overweight is a disgrace.

He looks like a retired footballer playing in Soccer Aid, with the first touch of a retired Hollyoaks actor playing in Soccer Aid.

Still, he manages to point a LOT.

Despite having a first touch like he's wearing breeze blocks for football boots, he still manages to create some decent chances for other players. He's so frustrating!

tomaldinho1

Despite having a first touch like he's wearing breeze blocks for football boots, he still manages to create some decent chances for other players. He's so frustrating!
Honestly I think much of this purely comes from having a left footed player on the right - his nicest passes have been his crossing when cutting back onto his left and his 2 x reversed through balls from coming inside from the left (Sanchez goal and Alisson save from Lingard). Makes me so sure we need to find a player in the Robben mould for our RW who can go both ways.

Given the injuries, I think this is now genuinely make or break for him here. We need him and Sanchez and they simply have to deliver if we are to stay in the hunt for top 4. If ever he wanted to pull his finger out and rediscover his scoring boots, this would be the time.

Litch

I like him and play to his strengths and he'll score goals. Don't think he has a bad first touch in general, just think he's not the greatest with his back to goal playing as a target man under pressure. In fairness there's not too many that are anymore. I think it's gonna take time to be less Jose and be a bit more Ole.

ash_86

LUKAKU HAPPY WITH ANY ROLE IN SOLSKJAER'S ATTACK

“Left, right or up front, it doesn’t matter to me,“ Romelu told the media after the Liverpool game.

”Playing for this club is an honour and I just try to do my best in whichever position I play in. If it is on the right then I will try to create chances, which I did against Liverpool, and if it is up front then I will try to score goals.

“At the end of the day I just try and help my team-mates out and try to win matches.
“As long as the manager wants to use me I will do my best to help the team out. We have a number of injuries but we have to stay positive and have that positive mentality.

“We are Manchester United and we have to go and win wherever.”

The resolve of Solskjaer's men was certainly tested against Jurgen Klopp’s side in Sunday’s 0-0 draw after three players had to go off in the first half through injury, including Jesse Lingard who himself had come on as a substitute to replace Juan Mata.

However, those three changes and major reshuffles in the space of 22 first-half minutes couldn’t fully disrupt a dogged United team.

“You always want to win big games like this but for us it was about being mentally strong after having players injured. We had to be resilient and keep trying to score,”said Lukaku.

“You just have to adapt. We had players coming off the bench who were trying to help out the team. You have to make sure those coming on help out the team and that is what we tried and that is what we did. Credit to them who came in and did their job. We were resilient.
“We had some close chances but it was all about mental strength, making sure we didn’t lose and grabbing at least the point. Obviously you want to win but now we have to move forward and focus on Crystal Palace.

“Roy Hodgson will set up his Palace team really well. We know that. We will prepare and we need to recover properly because today was a physical game. Tactically and with our preparations we will be ready to go again.”

“That is what Ole wants from us. Everybody is talking about us being offensively really good but defensively we are doing really well,” added the Belgian.

“Chris (Smalling), coming back in for the last couple of games, has been brilliant and Luke Shaw has been the best player of the season for me. Ashley Young has been consistent and David De Gea is the best number one in the world.

“From the midfield to the front we try to help out and make sure the defence has an easy task. We did that against Liverpool and it was all about the team.”
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...gunnar-solskjaer-attack-for-manchester-united

Really nice bloke. Let's not keep shitting on him guys.

Agree. The abuse he has got lately is nothing short of a disgrace. He is a vital member of our squad, as is Sanchez.
I wouldn’t describe either at vital members of the squad, certainly not Sanchez. Lukuku is a useful member of the squad. Let’s hope he and Sanchez step up, neither have been good enough.

RedCurry

Our two best chances came from him. He's better than people here want to give him credit for.

Alemar

Tomorrow is a good time for Lukaku to score a few - he is a seasoned scorer against weaker sides

Yagami

Good post resistant
Key pass, not assist.
Seeing as Lingard didn't shoot I don't think it goes down as a key pass, right? The player receiving the ball has to shoot in order for it to go down as such. That's what I thought anyway.

Janson

He's a right winger today and I and others saw him misplace multiple passes yet again. That's what I'm rating him on. The stat just backs it up.

And if that player was shite but scored a goal, yes. As has happened many times. What a stupid example.
You can't say a player was shite if he scored the winning goal, that's ridiculous. You chose to focus on the bad passes rather than the two key ones that should have resulted in goals.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You can't say a player was shite if he scored the winning goal, that's ridiculous. You chose to focus on the bad passes rather than the two key ones that should have resulted in goals.
Of course you can. You've never seen a striker have a bad performance but still grab a goal. Simple logic dictates that this is possible.

Anyway, have you come back because Lukaku is due a goal and want to rub it in when he scores later? I'll just stick you on ignore if so so i can enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.