4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siorac

Keeper done very well tbf. Was a lovely ball alright.
Should have tried to flick it over him instead of trying to take it round.

As for Lukaku, he was decent today. Wrestled for a header that could have gone in, played a lovely pass to Lingard, had a couple of dangerous crosses in the second half. Also worked hard.

Eddy_JukeZ

He worked really hard.

But he was terrible on the ball.

Is there a clip of that awful touch he had from that lofted ball in the air? It bounced all the way to Young from his awful touch.

ash_86

Played very well today. He's ready to pitch in whenever called and creates no fuss. Created chances for Lingard. He's not Messi, but that dosen't mean he needs to be criticized when he played well.

haram

He worked really hard.

Is there a clip of that awful touch he had from that lofted ball in the air? It bounced all the way to Young from his awful touch.
Clip of this clip of that :lol:. People are obssessed with any mistake he makes, they are blinded by it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Clip of this clip of that :lol:. People are obssessed with any mistake he makes, they are blinded by it.
It was one of the worst touches I've ever seen.

But nothing really surprises me with Lukaku's 1st touch.

No one wants him to fail. We all want him to succeed, but it's getting hard to support him being a positive for the team. We need way better.

Sonny Feehan

For Gods sake he's supposed to be a United striker not just a hard working journeyman. RVN, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Persie. Talk about low expectations

cyberman

This thread is a waste of time. How he's getting criticised for that performance is beyond me.
Whats the point?
If anything it's the most dangerous our right side had been for quite a while now.

haram

It was one of the worst touches I've ever seen.

But nothing really surprises me with Lukaku's 1st touch.

No one wants him to fail. We all want him to succeed, but it's getting hard to support him being a positive for the team. We need way better.
Yeah people come in here after every game regardless of how he plays asking for a clip where he makes a mistake. Literally doesnt happen to any other player.

tomaldinho1

He worked really hard.

Haha I was thinking the same - I don't even know how he did it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Logic does exist in football, but when it comes to random fans analysing player performances, logic goes out the window a lot of the time. You can get half the people rating a performance as great and the other half will say it's horrible.

There's thousands of examples but here's just one:
In my defence, I was definitely right in this case.

Rossa

This thread is a waste of time. How he's getting criticised for that performance is beyond me.
Whats the point?
If anything it's the most dangerous our right side had been for quite a while now.
Agreed! He put in a shift, bullied Robertson and VVD a couple of times and equally was bullied off the ball. He worked his socks off and created our best chances. Not a great display, but not worth three pages of bashing either.

In Rainbows

Don't think he deserves to get bashed for this match. Though we should sell him this summer. We need to recoup some of the costs and free up wages because him being a squad player is just not worth it. If that's what we paid for, he needs to be sold.

Aloysius's Back 3

If Rashford was not injured then Lukaku would have had an assist today.

Was good defensively too. He seems to work harder & have a bit more control overall on the right flank - he genuinely can take on a player in comparison to when he plays as a ST

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
His touch is reminiscent of a certain Portuguese winger we signed in 2010.

Decent cross at the end but how a man of his size can be bullied so easily I don’t quite understand.

tomaldinho1

I feel this thread is now just so polarised, in honesty he was pretty average as were most players on the pitch for both teams.

A nice pass for Lingard and a decent cross at the end, yes he tracked some runners but the guy is a professional footballer. Not terrible, not amazing just a solid if unspectacular 6/10 performance for me.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Jesus guys, we actually did okay today. Hate to see this thread if we start getting bad results. :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

I thought he was mostly fecking awful. As he has been for most of the season.

And yet he played a beautiful pass in for Lingard for the best chance of the game and if Smalling had gambled at the back post his brilliant cross would have won it for us in injury time.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I have no problem with keeping him if hes happy with the role of being a squad player. Thought he was mostly meh today, but it wasnt really a game that suited him (most big games arent). We need him to step it up these next few weeks, his attitude is always good but he needs a goal vs Palace and hopefully he can go on a bit of a run to help us through the next period.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was proper up for it today. Had to do a lot of tracking back but I felt he did it brilliantly and more or less nullified the threat of Robertson down the left. Going forward he was ok. Delivered a few nice crosses and played a gorgeous ball to Lingard, who on another day, would have scored.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Same as Young really, lacking the quality we want but showed lots of determination and effort.

Can’t complain today.

Bola

I really liked the Lingard through-ball and that lovely cross that Smalling should have buried

Not sure about the level of criticism today, thought he was decent bar the odd bad touch and a few times he was bulied off the ball by Robertson. I could be a bit biased in his favor today though, as it was such a spirited team performance (in the face of adversity) overall

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He works his bollox off. So there's that massive improvement there.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It really is strange when people freak out over a player getting criticism. Lukaku no doubt had some nice moments of quality, especially in the first half. But there's no doubt he was largely poor the second half aside from sending in a few crosses (which was the only option he had anyways). Putting in a shift isn't something that's going to make me rate a forwards performance, especially someone we paid 75 million for to lead the line. Hell, I'd rather him not move when we aren't in possession, and then provide real quality going forward then be largely crap going forward but track back a decent amount.

Bottom line is there are a few here that have taken up the mantle of defending him at all costs, and then the rest who are on the opposite spectrum. Not gonna change.

Manowar

Yeah people come in here after every game regardless of how he plays asking for a clip where he makes a mistake. Literally doesnt happen to any other player.
Not mistake, several
It literally does...
It happens to all the players, if the have such a big flaws like Lukaku (supposedly our main striker, bought for huge money). I can literally make a clip of his terrible first touch every single match.
He was decent today though, hold the ball up ok, some lovely crosses, should have an assisst for Lingard’s chance.
This is the question for you Haram, once we bought out main RW this summer, where would Lukaku fit in?

Patrick08

If Rashford was not injured then Lukaku would have had an assist today.

Was good defensively too. He seems to work harder & have a bit more control overall on the right flank - he genuinely can take on a player in comparison to when he plays as a ST
There were so many time he had space to run with the ball, and he just didn't, always looking to get rid of the ball.

For me thats a poor performance.

Hawks2008

Created 2 great chances but still need better from him. Should be moved on at season's end.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Difficult game but I thought he played well. After the injuries he adapted to a new role on the right-hand side pretty well.

Worked extremely hard tracking Robertson’s runs and he was the only attacker to show a moment of quality (the through ball to Lingard). Some decent crosses too, Smalling should have scored from the one at the end.

I don’t think we should sell him in summer. He’s not good enough to start every week, but there’s a role to play as a squad player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His pass to Lingard was very good. Shame it didn't end up as goal. He created best chances in the game.

Decent game from him.

Water Melon

Rom will not be a leading attacker at United. Left wing is Martial's. We also have Sanchez (looks shot) and Lingard who can play on the right. Mata will most probably just leave, so I do not cnut him. Rom will either agree to be a squad option or leave. If we promote some young lads from reserves next season, Lukaku is gone imo.

Litch

Man people love taking a shit on Rom don't they.

Played on the wing for 60% of the match due to Marcus' ankle. Worked his ass off tracking back to help contain Robertson. And played a perfect pass to Jesse when Jesse should have scored. His cross at the end was great too.

I'm not making the case that he's the best player on the team. But FFS give the kid some credit today for being a team player when needed and producing the teams best three opportunities. All while out off form no doubt.
Agree.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Loved how he worked hard when defending. On the other hand, he tried his best but he is simply not good enough.
It annoyed me how Robertson outmuscled him

chb23

Created our 2 best chances of the game which should have resulted in 2 goals. I'd say from that he had a decent game.

Kostov

Loved how he worked hard when defending. On the other hand, he tried his best but he is simply not good enough.
It annoyed me how Robertson outmuscled him
Robertson also fouled Lukaku in the box, which was a blatant pull and lock on his hand when Rom headed it straight to the keeper. Unfortunately there's hardly any ref that would give that as a penalty, because of the players involved, which exposes double standards imo.

Mr Smith

Had his best game in a while for me. Still a long way off his best but I'm seeing improvement. Honestly just think we should play him on the right between now and the end of the season, he seems so much more effective and dangerous when he's coming down the wing and then cutting inside to cross.

fallengt

Tried so hard but made little out of it. He just doesn't have the quality.

Last edited:

Stacks

I agree with the consensus. He was better than usual as he did some good contributions and put in some nice crosses and he is still very bumbling with his control and passing could improve. Every time he went into a contest or battle for the ball he seemed to lose possession or the ball off the pitch

Andersons Dietician

Most shocking Lukaku moment for me was McT fires a ball out to him and he kills it dead then beats two men, there were quite a few occasions where his touch was excellent, hopefully gaining a bit of his confidence back it’s a shame that the two we’d most want central attacking a cross always seem to be the ones providing the cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.