Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think people all of a sudden raised their expectations of him once United signed him. When he was at Everton, he was never viewed as world class or even potentially that really. Always felt the very top level was past his reach. Yet we signed him for a huge fee and suddenly people felt he had this potential that he really didnt have? United needs to have one of the best strikers in the world. Lukaku just isnt that. Looking around the world, I'd say all of these are currently above him as strikers/center forwards, or at least far more suited to a big club
  • Ronaldo
  • Messi
  • Suarez
  • Griezmann/Diego Costa
  • Lewandowski
  • Cavani
  • Mbappe (even though he plays on the right)
  • Kane
  • Aguero
  • Firmino
  • Dzeko
  • Icardi
  • Aubameyang
You can make a very strong case for Immobile after last season being better than anything Lukaku has ever done, Benzema and Higuain in the recent past obviously... That's too long of a list. Nobody is expecting him to be top 5, and he doesnt need to be. But for a club like United, where we want to get closer to the real top 5/6 clubs around like Barca, Madrid, Bayern, juve, Psg and City... we need a better striker. A much better striker. Having potentially 15 forwards around the world who are just plain better in multiple ways then him is not what is needed at United.

DRM

Hazard at the WC had this say about Lukakus lack of movement.

"It's not easy playing with a man missing," said Hazard. "At half-time, I told him we needed him."

He added: "He'd been hiding out a bit up front. But once he got in there, involved in the game, like magic, he scored two.

"I hope he understands that now."

Greck

When he plays for Belgium he doesn't stand in one spot pointing to his feet. He makes unselfish runs and vacates the middle especially when Hazard is driving in.

spiriticon

I find it strange that his movement is so inconsistent. I mean, some games he thinks and moves lightning quick and then there are others where he looks like he is playing knee deep in mud.

He doesn't lack the intelligence to make the right runs because I've seen him do it. However, it just feels like there are some times he looks like he's just turned up to the game with a heavy hangover.

Can't quite put my finger on it.

Alabaster Codify7

Thing is, unlike with Belgium, there is no Hazard driving into his space - if there was, he could make those unselfish runs and allow 'our Hazard' a dash trhough on goal. We have no goal threat from anywhere. He's kind of resigned to just standing there like a lump.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think people all of a sudden raised their expectations of him once United signed him. When he was at Everton, he was never viewed as world class or even potentially that really. Always felt the very top level was past his reach. Yet we signed him for a huge fee and suddenly people felt he had this potential that he really didnt have? United needs to have one of the best strikers in the world. Lukaku just isnt that. Looking around the world, I'd say all of these are currently above him as strikers/center forwards, or at least far more suited to a big club
  • Ronaldo
  • Messi
  • Suarez
  • Griezmann/Diego Costa
  • Lewandowski
  • Cavani
  • Mbappe (even though he plays on the right)
  • Kane
  • Aguero
  • Firmino
  • Dzeko
  • Icardi
  • Aubameyang
You can make a very strong case for Immobile after last season being better than anything Lukaku has ever done, Benzema and Higuain in the recent past obviously... That's too long of a list. Nobody is expecting him to be top 5, and he doesnt need to be. But for a club like United, where we want to get closer to the real top 5/6 clubs around like Barca, Madrid, Bayern, juve, Psg and City... we need a better striker. A much better striker. Having potentially 15 forwards around the world who are just plain better in multiple ways then him is not what is needed at United.
Nobody has raised their expectations. People don’t think he’s any better now, as there’s no evidence for it. I suspect some find it hard to speak about him the way they did when he was at Everton simply because he plays for us now.

Lukaku played in England every week, everyone knew what he was about, yet there was no clamour to sign him right up until we actual signed him. Then he became a lot better instantly.

ForestRGoinUp

Thing is, unlike with Belgium, there is no Hazard driving into his space - if there was, he could make those unselfish runs and allow 'our Hazard' a dash trhough on goal. We have no goal threat from anywhere. He's kind of resigned to just standing there like a lump.
Martial has a very similar style game to Hazard, which needs to be developed of course. But Romelu and Martial have shown a better understanding together than Romelu and others. That could be a reason.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Do you not see him "vacate the middle", go on the wings and try those ridiculous stepovers ?? Lukaku is a weird case, when he is central, he's useless because he's either offside or he doesn't move at all (runs in behind) and when he comes in other areas of the pitch, he's just fecking rubbish

UncleBob

For me, it's about time that Mourinho starts resting him more, and that's a bare minimum. He was barely involved in the comeback today, and he's supposed to be the main striker that the others are supposed to revolve around.

arnie_ni

Utter dung. He looks like he is stuck in concrete. Unless he gets a perfect bass right to feet he can't get to it

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I'd go with him on the right at this point. He showed it at times last season but his crossing is more dangerous than anyone else's from that position.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very poor. His lack of movement around the box is just frustrating to watch, he doesn't move and hopes ball falls for him at his feet.

His lack of fight to win the ball is just poor for a player of his size.

Ball striking ability aside he is the worst player i have seen play regularly for us in many years.

He can't control it, he doesn't move, he doesn't anticipate anything, hes easily dispossessed. When we woke up and started playing we practically cut him out of the game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is absolutely terrible player. He looks out of place in a team with average technical players around him, imagine him at Real or Barca? Nowhere near good enough, and there is nogood period of good form that will make him worth his place in a team aspiring high.

JeffBoomTetris

We won by utilizing the skills of Pogba, Mata, Martial etc. When we play to Lukaku's strengths we look like stoke.

There was a moment in the 1st half where he played an overhit pass that went out for a newcastle throw in. Never could've wanted to smash my TV any harder it I tried after that

Charlie Foley

I actually thought he looked better today on the right.

Would like to see a front three of Martial left, Sanchez central and Lukaku right next match

Greck

Always camping at the far post like it's the 2000s and we're supposed to spam crosses all game.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Out of the way more like. Terrible game.
Not saying he was good - I was all for him not starting and him being subbed, but I did think he was a bigger threat from the right than in the middle. I usually do.

Witchking

One of the worst ever forwards to play for United and most probably the least talented and most takative. He seems to be a good guy but he is not fit for the main striker role at United.

Very disappointed to see him play for United after some ultimate forwards like Rvn,Rvp,Rooney,Ole who played for United.

Has not improved but he seems to have certainly regressed.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Towards the end when Sanchez's pass to him was over hit and he stood there moaning while behind him someone(Pogba?) sprinted from deep, past him to stop a goal kick and concede a throw in. Sums him up.

Handré1990

Not saying he was good - I was all for him not starting and him being subbed, but I did think he was a bigger threat from the right than in the middle. I usually do.
Yeah, he was, because he got a couple of yards to collect the ball after his first touch.

el3mel

If the second half proves anything it proves that the problem is in him, when we upped the temp and played attacking football, he looked out of sync and was the awkward one among other players.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, he was, because he got a couple of yards to collect the ball after his first touch.
:lol: I wouldn't even say you were wrong, honestly. Still, he was somewhat of a threat and, in my opinion, always is on the right so I'd rather see him there than as our CF.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Needs the bench. He was really the odd one out. Doesn't read the game like the others.

LJJT

He’s shocking lately. Seems massively heavy to me he has the dexterity of an over weight child.

Status
Not open for further replies.