Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Towards the end when Sanchez's pass to him was over hit and he stood there moaning while behind him someone(Pogba?) sprinted from deep, past him to stop a goal kick and concede a throw in. Sums him up.
Mata :lol: but they look similar.

When Mata chases a pass you've left and keeps it in. It's time to hang your head

starman

Don't want to see him anywhere else other then the bench or right wing if he plays

He will never ever be good enough to play CF for a top team that want to play quick passes. There's a still bunch of fanboys that worship him but a lot are realising what a hindrance he is

NinjaFletch

Towards the end when Sanchez's pass to him was over hit and he stood there moaning while behind him someone(Pogba?) sprinted from deep, past him to stop a goal kick and concede a throw in. Sums him up.
It wasn't even a particularly terrible pass. Lukaku was just incredibly flatfooted and couldn't react to it not being straight at his feet.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Play him as a right forward or not at all.

We've got 4 forwards currently. Play Martial as a left forward, Sanchez as a centre forward, and one of Lukaku or Rashford as right forward. Stop using our forwards as pure suppliers to a lone target striker in Lukaku who's abysmal at it.

Handré1990

:lol: I wouldn't even say you were wrong, honestly. Still, he was somewhat of a threat and, in my opinion, always is on the right so I'd rather see him there than as our CF.
It’s funny because it’s true:lol: He kept getting decent passes to his feet, and it kept bouncing off him. In the second half he had that extra space to control his intially wild first touch by using a couple more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He doesn't look quite right at the moment. Balls are smashing away from him like he's a concrete wall.

The comeback was happening around him today, rather than at all through him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I actually thought he looked better today on the right.

Would like to see a front three of Martial left, Sanchez central and Lukaku right next match
It's quite worrying to suggest a £75m striker needs to be moved to the right.
He's either the central man or needs benching.

Echoes of the years of Rooney talk - which position is his best etc. It was usually the one he wasn't currently in.

Charlie Foley

Echoes of the years of Rooney talk - which position is his best etc. It was usually the one he wasn't currently in.
I should have been clearer. I think he should spend some time on the bench but I'm resigned to him always starting. With that in mind I'd rather see him on the right!

The United

He should probably as a right forward or something I don't know.

I find it amusing that Newcastle were hoofing the ball to their player in set pieces who Luka marked and guess what I think the guy won most of headers.

I still think he is a useful forward. Not sure 75M worth but still.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I should have been clearer. I think he should spend some time on the bench but I'm resigned to him always starting. With that in mind I'd rather see him on the right!
The biggest problem is that as a big team we tend to have most of the possession, and the opposition drop deep. So there's not the space for his running in behind that was his Everton signature.
To expect him to become a target man was a stretch and a half.

Cambion

Looked knackered towards the end after a couple of runs. Should have gone off instead of Rashford

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He should probably as a right forward or something I don't know.

I find it amusing that Newcastle were hoofing the ball to their player in set pieces who Luka marked and guess what I think the guy won most of headers.

I still think he is a useful forward. Not sure 75M worth but still.
When he's in the centre position he always gets swarmed by opponents so it's not so outlandish idea as we might think.

From right wing he could always have some chances to score but he tries often to be a team player rather than cold poacher.

Strats

He's completely out of form, had a few good actions from the right. Get Zlatan back in January. Did Ibrahimovic play together with Alexis in Barcelona by the way?

I know its a bit OT, but whatever. We won and im high and drunk. Fecking good feeling this lads.

Aloysius's Back 3

Not really man - Lukaku should be allowed to play to his strengths. None of that is happening throughout the squad except possible players like Shaw and Fellaini.

Play Lukaku on the right because he is a better player there. Play Rashford as a forward that play on the left off lukaku with Martial playing the interlinking balls and runs as a false 9.
Sanchez can outake any of them.

Players needs to be played to their strengths - money has nothing to do with it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
For once, our attacking play was really good. And still he's the one that looked out of place there.

DarkXaero

Agree that he looked better on the right. I've been saying it for a while, I think that we should try a front three of Martial-Alexis-Lukaku. Might be the best way to get the most out of two (or three) underperforming attacking players.

Charlie Foley

The biggest problem is that as a big team we tend to have most of the possession, and the opposition drop deep. So there's not the space for his running in behind that was his Everton signature.
To expect him to become a target man was a stretch and a half.
Fair assessment. Even with Jose playing a low block it's a very different style of play

Charlie Foley

He's completely out of form, had a few good actions from the right. Get Zlatan back in January. Did Ibrahimovic play together with Alexis in Barcelona by the way?

I know its a bit OT, but whatever. We won and im high and drunk. Fecking good feeling this lads.
No don't think so-Zlatan was there 09/10 and Alexis came in 2011 I believe.

Djemba-Djemba

Dreadful today and he's been dreadful for most of the season.

He's so immobile. Unless you pass it right to him perfectly he won't reach it and then if you do manage to pass the ball right to his feet he'll miscontrol it and lose it anyway.

Should be dropped.

Cloud7

Alexis should have some confidence after his winner. No better time to drop Lukaku than now, let Alexis play on top.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another awful performance from him, I'm starting to lose count. If we're being honest here, he's really not that good, but it seems the desire and fight has gone out of him lately too.

Games like today is when players, especially your strikers come through and show their class. Lukaku though, did almost noting but lose the ball endlessly. 3 goals scored and he had nothing to do with any of them, not good enough I'm afraid. Lukaku is another player we need to upgrade on in the summer it seems.

Super Hans

His stats on FM would be 20 for strength, 16 for shooting, and single digits for everything else. Just not a good footballer.

Devil may care

His best stuff right now is when he gets out on the RW and tries to throw a left footed cross in, other than that he's been awful.

clarkydaz

He’s shocking lately. Seems massively heavy to me he has the dexterity of an over weight child.
this struck me at the game today. He seems absolutely fecked conditioning wise, which will be affecting his allround game.

Canagel

He was better than previous games but still not good enough. Touch is still too erratic

RedStarUnited

His stats on FM would be 20 for strength, 16 for shooting, and single digits for everything else. Just not a good footballer.
He barely puts this to good use either. Ask yourself when was the last time you saw him bully a CB?

MAME DIOUF 32

Absolutely agree that it should be wide right or the bench. He's one of the worst target men I've ever seen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You watch how he plays, as an example, and it highlights how ridiculous it is the amount of stick Pogba gets, whereas Lukaku gets little to know media pressure despite costing £75m-£90m and being nowhere near Pogba class, or even displaying the mythical level of consistency they demand from Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.