4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

Surprisingly decent when he ball came to his feet, looked to play others on, but his missed headers and general movement, looks way too heavy, means he shouldn't be in the starting lineup. Needs to come off the bench and prove himself

JeffBoomTetris

He plays like a donkey. Laborious movement & totally not on the same wavelength with the rest of the team. And he is actually getting good chances. No excuse not to score them

LoneStar

His link up and touch was fine. I don't get people blaming him for anything apart from the miss.
His lack of movement for one. He's a poacher, and if he can't finish chances like that, he's of no use to the team.

ravi2

As soon as he came on our entire offensive game went to shit.
He makes us look terrible and the team suffers.

InfiniteBoredom

I just don’t understand how can someone who is coached by Thierry Henry can be so poor in his anticipation.

Always a moment or two slower than the defender. All the pace and strength in the world won’t make up for that.

Hoof the ball

Some people don't get it. It's not that Rashford needed to be excellent on the ball to make others come into the game and for the team to play well. It was how much he ran. Constant, vertical, lateral runs!
Lukaku doesn't run hard. Doesn't run to press, doesn't run to sprint wide for out balls. Check the stats. He's one of the lowest running CF's around. This needs to be grasped.

BlahRules

His a player who should play when we are in need for more attack otherwise he is pointless. I don’t see the benefit of him, he is too lamborous with his movement and holdup play is awful.

el3mel

Some people don't get it. It's not that Rashford needed to be excellent on the ball to make others come into the game and for the team to play well. It was how much he ran. Constant, vertical, lateral runs!
Lukaku doesn't run hard. Doesn't run to press, doesn't run to sprint wide for out balls. Check the stats. He's one of the lowest running CF's around. This needs to be grasped.
Exactly.

Rash with all his flaws at least runs and presses. That lump is just completely static and never moves. He's not even clinical enough to justify playing him.

Bench and sell next summer.

Djemba-Djemba

Crowd have turned on him. Our kid told me he was getting pelters.

I thought his touch and passing was better than we've seen recently but he's still immobile and that attempted header was embarrassing. Lazily caught offside a few times too.

Getting to the point where it looks like he'll never score again.

Godfather

How was he awful? He should have scored but his all round play was fine. In fact the chance he missed he helped create.
This. Some very strange comments on him today. Apart from his miss was fine and most of our counter attacks ran through him.

Hephaestus

I thought his touch and passing was better than we've seen recently but he's still immobile and that attempted header was embarrassing. Lazily caught offside a few times too.

Thought that was the Everton fans, they don't seem to like him. Remember them cheering last year when he missed the free-kick only to fall silent ten seconds later when he scored.

Djemba-Djemba

Thought that was the Everton fans, they don't seem to like him. Remember them cheering last year when he missed the free-kick only to fall silent ten seconds later when he scored.
They were booing him too but he was saying there was a fair few Utd fans unhappy with him too.

Especially after that header and one occasion where he couldn't be arsed to press.

BigBebe

This. Some very strange comments on him today. Apart from his miss was fine and most of our counter attacks ran through him.
I think that is the point. Most of those attacks either went to the defenders or just bounced off him or otherwise came to nothing. When he arrived, we became totally predictable, as we have been for most of the season.

DancingPanda

Good enough to be a decent squad option, but shouldn't be undroppable. Hopefully he can come on from the bench and prove himself in the next fex games.

That header needs to be on goal. :(

Hephaestus

They were booing him too but he was saying there was a fair few Utd fans unhappy with him too.

Especially after that header and one occasion where he couldn't be arsed to press.
Fair enough then. Could only hear the Everton fans on the TV who were making noise the second he came one so didn't hear anything from the United fans. Don't blame them for getting frustrated, Rashford hadn't been perfect but he seemed to be causing problems at least.

haram

I think that is the point. Most of those attacks either went to the defenders or just bounced off him or otherwise came to nothing. When he arrived, we became totally predictable, as we have been for most of the season.
No they didn't. When the ball was played to his feet he linked the play and triggered attacks.

Sanchez7

He is our version of Benteke. I hope we can find someone like crystal palace who will pay a ridiculous fee for him.

Djemba-Djemba

Fair enough then. Could only hear the Everton fans on the TV who were making noise the second he came one so didn't hear anything from the United fans. Don't blame them for getting frustrated, Rashford hadn't been perfect but he seemed to be causing problems at least.
Last game I went to live was the league cup against Derby. When you're there live you can really see how little Lukaku moves.

He's so static, I think that's pissing a lot of people off.

LoneStar

This. I don't see how people can't see this. His runs were constantly creating space for others.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
One beautful setup for Martial to run into free space but seriously totally out of any form.

Jose believes in him almost religiously and I hope he's right, because in other case team can be in serious trouble this season.

Canagel

Was it United fans booing when he came on or just Everton fans?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Looking for positives...

Nice lay off to Martial for that counter attack. Couple of other nice touches, one I think was a lay-off for Mata.

The chance was the worst kind of chance he needed in his current form and state of mind - too much space and time to think about it. He needs an instinctive poke or tap-in to get him going again.

Eh, that's it. Doesn't deserve to go straight back in to the team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.