Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
His finishing was terrible today, totally unlike him. Was very good apart from that and much better than Pogba, Rashford or plenty of others. Strikers do miss chances you know. However, his record against TOP 6 is appaling, it's just funny how he was great 2 hours ago and now he's not good enough.
His finishing against top 6 is always atrocious. It has to be a mental thing. Someone like Drogba or Aguero, they absolutely thrive on the big occasions.
He misses too many against top teams for it to be a coincidence.

I've never said Lukaku is great either. And anyone who did would be guilty of the same short term thinking you're accusing me, and others criticising him, of.

Ban

Can't fault him for anything, hit the post, made one chance for himself and had 1 on 1 saved by Leno. His movement and hold up play has been great.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
His finishing was terrible today, totally unlike him. Was very good apart from that and much better than Pogba, Rashford or plenty of others. Strikers do miss chances you know. However, his record against TOP 6 is appaling, it's just funny how he was great 2 hours ago and now he's not good enough.
You can say anyone else was poor but anyone watching that game sees we were in the game, and dominating them second half. The only thing missing was finishing our chances. That's Lukaku's job.

cyberman

Hope he continues to play like that and we know he can finish so i give him a pass on this one.
We just seemed half a step away from scoring 2 or 3 today, it was really frustrating.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wish my boss was as forgiving as you.

"You missed all those deadlines, but you didn't mean to. It just happened. Anyway, well done."
People always engage in this fallacy with forwards where they get hung up on misses, instead of making the realisation that the sign of a top forward is getting loads of chances and converting an average amount of them, rather than being clinical. I’d much rather see Rom continuing to get chances when he blanks, as oppoed to not being in the game at all, as a couple of months ago. Rom’s performance today was far more of a positive than negative for me. He did the hardest part and got the chances.

Bobski

That was one of his best footballing performances for the club. More of that that in tandem with goals and he will change a lot of minds.

acnumber9

He played very well but he has to be burying at least one if not two of those chances he had.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
His finishing against top 6 is always atrocious. It has to be a mental thing. Someone like Drogba or Aguero, they absolutely thrive on the big occasions.

I've never said Lukaku is great either. And anyone who did would be guilty of the same short term thinking you're accusing me, and others criticising him, of.
You're mostly right.

deadrevelz

Ran with the ball well and his passing was good. His first touch (apart from that one brilliant take down) was crap. He missed 1 certain goal and a couple of good chances. His movement in midfield was good, but in the box still poor.

MadMike

He did everything today apart from finish. I thought it was a great forward performance apart from that and it's a shame cause that's what people will remember. Ultimately missed chances cost games.

haram

Strikers miss chances. I am not excusing him because he should have score at least one (probably the first). He just bagged twice against PSG, he is in positive form.

Raven

Thought he was good, though his partner was want though. Really could have done with a bit more clinicality, but Leno was excellent.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
That was one of his best footballing performances for the club. More of that that in tandem with goals and he will change a lot of minds.
True, he basically did what most wished with 'I want more from him'. Must be said he needs to score a couple today. Crucial misses.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Had very good game overall but top striker must score those chances. No excuses there. When you are striker you must deliver. He didn't

Zoo

He was far better then Rashford today. He can’t always be the reliable goalscorer and Rashford was all over the shop with his decision making.

m1tch

Great that he got in for his chances today but missing them all was really poor and has cost us the game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't wanna be too harsh on him after his recent form, but he was poor today, wasted really chances that we would have maybe scored against smaller teams. His record against top teams is just poor, it's hard to rely on him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Could have played for two hours and not scored. Some nice touches but he left his shooting boots in France. One he will want to forget.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It didn't take long for some of you pals :lol:.
You're talking as if this is a blip in a long run of good showing.

Its frustrating how some fans just pull up goals scored justifying lukakus place in the starting eleven.

The guy has qualties but isn't at the level we need.

Fracture90

He was MOTM really but those misses weren’t great. The 2nd one ok he’s made that opportunity and it’s actually really good goal keeping but the 3rd one he has to be taking that first time. Other than those, hold up play was brilliant, touch was good, linked up play well and looked dangerous. Needs to become a bit more greedy for me and just run at people as no one can cope with him when they are shoulder to shoulder.
I understand MOTM is subjective, but you had Lukaku ahead of Shaw?
Has a great game outside of the box and it's all undone by his poor game inside the box. The finishing is where you expect him to shine but it failed him today.
No need to exaggerate that much in order to hype up the contrast you're describing.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Can't fault him for anything, hit the post, made one chance for himself and had 1 on 1 saved by Leno. His movement and hold up play has been great.
Football's a game of opinions eh?

You saw what you wrote, I saw that he missed 2 maybe 3 sitters.

ErranMorad

He should have felt free to convert a couple of easy chances he got today. Usually you would criticize his all around play and appreciate his goal scoring. It was the opposite today.

Kopral Jono

Rom looked very sharp again today and was just unlucky with his finishing. I don't buy the argument that he didn't play well today whatever the reason.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Not gonna blame him for his chances today, ‘cos he was one of our best performers and has been frankly outstanding lately when we really needed him to step up in an injury crisis... but at the end of the day, consistency is the difference between the very good and the great.

He’s won me over in terms of keeping him around though. But we do need something more in attack, especially if Rashford’s learning curve takes another season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great performance today but he has to take at least one chance.

Stacks

1 goal in 17 against the top 6, suggests this
Except sticking the ball in the net which is his principal job

Fracture90

He's always been a streaky striker, having long period of drought, followed by a purple patch, but that's just not good enoughe. He must score from the chances he had today, 2nd chance I can forgive him for but that first one he should be able to convert blindfolded.

Ban

1 goal in 17 against the top 6, suggests this

Except sticking the ball in the net which is his principal job
There was maybe one chance in which he should have scored, other than that there was one in which he created all by himself and Leno had a great save 1 on 1.

Andersons Dietician

I understand MOTM is subjective, but you had Lukaku ahead of Shaw?

No need to exaggerate that much in order to hype up the contrast you're describing.
Yeah, I have nothing against Shaw and he was again great today and showed more of his attacking force but I just think the other stuff Lukaku did like the hold up, the touches, the link ups edged it for me.

Skills

Snitch
Awful finishing, was good at the other stuff. He should've banged in that 2nd half chance first time. It was on his favoured foot too, so what's he doing taking a touch there.

Fracture90

Yeah, I have nothing against Shaw and he was again great today and showed more of his attacking force but I just think the other stuff Lukaku did like the hold up, the touches, the link ups edged it for me.
Hm okay. That beautiful ball control and pass for Dalot aside, he wasn't all that effective in link-up and hold-up aspects of the game imo.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He was good at moving through the defence. Terrible at actually putting the ball in the net. It's a stretch to call it a good performance but people love doing it with players who've been criticised.

Status
Not open for further replies.