Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This. I would build my weirdo XI around him, Balotelli and Yaya Touré. Would be great to watch on the field one week and then the next it would be great to watch them sulk at each other because Balotelli launched Lukaku's shoes into orbit with a firework. Ederson or Barthez might be the GK, maybe Eboue at RB, Gerrard CM, Heinze or Evra LB, Gallas and Materazzi CB, Giggs LW, Zidane on the right?
I'd like to see him hang out with Neymar, Alves and Icardi. Icardi thinks Neymar's sister is hot and commented on her social media which enraged Alves. Wanda then threaten to sue Alves and Icardi both because why not. One day they met and Lukaku's role in the story became clear, Alves held Icardi for Neymar while Lukaku pointed at the places he needs to puch, ocassionally sighing when Neymar didn't land the punch properly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah I think that's what he means.
Also not sure if Romano's translation is wrong when he used system. Looks like Italian twitter accounts are saying more or less same thing

Need someone who knows Italian to hear the original interview and translate it.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It still doesn't read well to be honest, but Romano is a cnut for this.
Nah, not a cnut, just a chatter and a sh*t-stirrer like Palmeri and the most of Inter fans, if you want to understand the noble origin of such silly characters. :wenger:

Rake

Oh, Dramelu strikes again. On one had he is being truthful (i guess), on the other it surely is not the right time to reveal such details and feed the sharks (media).

All in all, I`m glad he is not our problem anymore.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
They couldn't get Haaland before so maybe maybe chances of getting Haaland now are slim.

Wonder if they go for that Vlahovic guy instead.

Lukaku seemed such a bad transfer for how expensive he was - and a player who had already been at Chelsea like 3 different times.

cyberman

:lol: never change man
It’s true though! The biggest factor in this is how out of the blue it was. When you get past that then it’s easy to talk yourself into thinking it’s not so bad. It’s the needless nature of it all that’s hilarious

Robertd0803

Why was he looking for an extension to begin with? He still had loads of time on the original deal didnt he?

And no doubt an extension would have meant a pay rise, no wonder Inter said no.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku:
Inter have top directors but their fans are truly the best in the world. It hurt me that Inter said no to my extension, I would have stayed 100%. I watch all their matches. All of them. It is really like that when Inter touch you
Honestly, none of that is really terrible. He would have stayed had he signed a new contract right before Chelsea knocked on the door? Yeah that would seem a very reasonable assumption to make on his part. I'm not overly enamoured with him reading that but his target audience is Inter fans, not me. The potentially explosive bit that Romano repackaged as some kind of veiled attack on Tuchel is the bit I thought was disastrous but it turns out what he actually said isn't so bad, and the rest of the interview is just him grovelling for the Inter fans.

Tarrou

Honestly, none of that is really terrible. He would have stayed had he signed a new contract right before Chelsea knocked on the door? Yeah that would seem a very reasonable assumption to make on his part. I'm not overly enamoured with him reading that but his target audience is Inter fans, not me. The potentially explosive bit that Romano repackaged as some kind of veiled attack on Tuchel is the bit I thought was disastrous but it turns out what he actually said isn't so bad, and the rest of the interview is just him grovelling for the Inter fans.
of course it’s terrible

he’s completely mugged Chelsea off there

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure what he's trying to achieve here. He's 6 months into his contract, was bought for close to 100m and he knows the club will demand a pretty high transfer fee for him (80m+ in the worst case scenario) - There literally are 4 odd clubs that can pay this amount in today's market - he's played for one of them in the past, playing for another right now. And the other two - City and PSG will have 0 interest in him because of play style and lack of requirement respectively.

Of the 3 clubs he's appealing to - two of them have elite strikers in Benzema and Lewandowski and the Barca is pretty much bankrupt and their play style does not suit him at all - which to be fair, going by barca's recent transfer record makes him a top candidate.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Never go back, especially when it was rubbish the first two times…

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This interview was strictly about Inter and for Inter fans, with a throwaway line about Chelsea being sensationalised to high heavens.

Yeah Lukaku said after the Villa game he had a couple of chats with Tuchel about how to best utilise him in the interest of clarity. Even that was sensationalised by twitter journo's who framed it as 'Lukaku is DEMANDING clarity for Tuchel'.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who watches the original interview and speaks Italian would come to that conclusion.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Why was he looking for an extension to begin with? He still had loads of time on the original deal didnt he?

And no doubt an extension would have meant a pay rise, no wonder Inter said no.
Yes. Inter were in financial difficulty (having to sell Hakimi to balance the books) and had other players with contracts ending sooner (Barella, Brozovic and Lautaro) so they were the priorities to sort out. Lukaku was also the most expensive player in their history and well paid. He can make all the excuses he wants, but it isn't going to wash. In fact it makes him look worse, though I'm sure it'll turn out that part of the interview was also mistranslated.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
For a big tough bloke Lukaku really is an absolute baby. I sincerely hope Tuchel dragged him into a room and said, “listen mate, it’s not all about you, it’s about the team….shut the feck up and do the job you’re paid for, and if you want to have a moan then moan to me, not the press”

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol: :lol: I love the drama. Too bad Lukaku is not Liverpool and City player but still funny.

TheLiverBird

What a load of unnecessary noise

he should shut up and do his thing on the pitch.

the only people that need to know his opinions are his family, representatives and Club, to bring this out to the public is Moronic and shows Self entitlement/importance.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The weirdest part is what Ornstein is reporting. Even Lukaku’s representatives were blindsided by it and he engaged with the journalist directly to arrange it and conduct it.

ForeverRed1

When he went to Chelsea, he spoke about his love for them and that it was his dream to return, how he grew up a fan of them. It showed clips of him as a youngster at Chelsea’s ground and being like wow! In awe of the club!

The minute things have not gone his way, he starts with this rubbish, instead of just getting his head down and pushing himself into the team. He has actually starting getting back in and scoring again, so the timing of this is terrible.

how will he ever really endear himself to a fan base when he does this everywhere he goes? He doesn’t know what he wants, he doesn’t want to fight for a place, he isn’t prepared to. He downs tools as soon as it gets tough and always starts talking. Yack yack yack. Negative energy all around.

your paid so much money to live most people’s dream. Your life is incredible. Your job is incredible. You are incredibly fortunate. Shut up and show some respect to your club that pays your wages and it’s fans who pay bucket loads to follow you, buy tickets, shirts, merch and everything else that goes with it. Just show some humility and respect and play football.

GoldanoGraham

What an own goal? What good can possibly come from this? I bet the Chelsea fans will now give him stick as soon as he has another poor game

Doesn’t sound like Inter fans want him back either.

He is deluded about his ability. He had a good season in Italy, plenty of space and time on the ball so his poor touch wasn’t highlighted so much and he now believes he is the real deal.

He will struggle again in the EPL because he just isn’t a good enough player. Mercenary.

Infestissumam

he's such a baby :lol: unbelievable. Imagine singing an ode like this to the club you left months ago ... surely Chelsea fans must be absolutely pissed about this. Unnecessary drama.

Wilt

Yeah, I’d be unhappy too if I was paid £300 grand a week.

Delano

He's a self-serving clown, who gets no time from any clubs fans he's played for.

Ole was 100% right to sell him. He could be the best player in the world, but he's not worth the effort.

Telsim

This guy is off his rocker lately. Absolute car crash of an interview, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I find it hard to believe that anyone who watches the original interview and speaks Italian would come to that conclusion.
Granted I have only seen bits and bobs translated on twitter.

Zlatanator

This player should try to outscore Ciro Immobile first then give interviews like these...