Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

SAFMUTD

It’s absurd, post regularly there, changed the pics, profile, banner and forgot to change the club

It’s absurd
Sorry it just doesn't make sense to me, why would he change it? when players like to make a stupid claim they post a pic like Lingard, like a post something like that. Changing the club name of the Facebook account seems really low key.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Sorry it just doesn't make sense to me, why would he change it? when players like to make a stupid claim they post a pic like Lingard, like a post something like that. Changing the club name of the Facebook account seems really low key.
You applying logic that should be exhibited by an adult to that of a person that is acting like a child. That is why it makes no sense.

SAFMUTD

You applying logic that should be exhibited by an adult to that of a person that is acting like a child. That is why it makes no sense.
If we agree that Lukaku has the maturity of a 12 year old then it makes all the sense in the world. I just refuse to believe that. Anyway a team chage in facebook is nothing against the interview he gave so it makes little if no change at all to the whole situation really.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
If we agree that Lukaku has the maturity of a 12 year old then it makes all the sense in the world. I just refuse to believe that. Anyway a team chage in facebook is nothing against the interview he gave so it makes little if no change at all to the whole situation really.
If there is any truth to this, how could he not think there would be backlash from fans about what he said. More so if he was advised not to do the interview?

SAFMUTD

If there is any truth to this, how could he not think there would be backlash from fans about what he said. More so if he was advised not to do the interview?

:lol: :lol: :lol: it would be really interesting to know what was going through Lukaku's head. What reaction did he expected? Maybe he thought the Inter fans would cheer them, Inter squad would ask for him back, Inter managment would say he'd always have the door open and expect him to return before long and that would worry Chelsea's fan base, they couldnt bare losing him which will ultimately force Tuchel's hand into changing the system to suit him because he's a star, he's the main man.

Ibi Dreams

He seems to have very little understanding of how he comes across when he says these kinds of things. It's not the first or second time he's done it and he hasn't learned. He seems to genuinely believe he is constantly being mistreated and wronged everywhere he goes.

ariveded

Lukaku obviously is a good professional, even the manager has said that he trains well and happy. And the interview was also professionally done, and he spoke about his beatiful past with Inter and his current playing style trouble. It's perfectly normal conversation in private but not in today social media era.

Lukaku thought his target audience was limited to just Italians, but completely missed that his interview would always be heard by his own employer (Chelsea), boss, teammates and fans. It's such a silly error, and for his level of rich status, a costly error. Zero sympathy

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I keep refreshing news hoping to hear he's made a transfer request.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I can understand Lukaku's frustrations and blow-out. He clearly didn't want to leave Inter, he still had a contract there and actually wanted to extend it but instead was forced out because Inter loved the Chelsea money and didn't care about the player's feelings despite the existing contract. He was forced to go back to a club that had got rid of him a few years earlier because they thought he was shit but they have since sobered up and now realise their stupidity. Players are human, they remember these experiences. It's like Partey being told Atletico had received money from Arsenal and he must therefore pack his bags and go to London, with absolutely no consultation with the player who is the main element in the equation, the only difference being Partey happened to be an Arsenal fan growing up. I hate the brutality and heartlessness of today's money-driven football market and I'm definitely Camp Lukaku on this one.

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I can understand Lukaku's frustrations and blow-out. He clearly didn't want to leave Inter, he still had a contract there and actually wanted to extend it but instead was forced out because Inter loved the Chelsea money and didn't care about the player's feelings despite the existing contract. He was forced to go back to a club that had got rid of him a few years earlier because they thought he was shit but they have since sobered up and now realise their stupidity. Players are human, they remember these experiences. It's like Partey being told Atletico had received money from Arsenal and he must therefore pack his bags and go to London, with absolutely no consultation with the player who is the main element in the equation. I hate the brutality and heartlessness of today's money-driven football market and I'm definitely Camp Lukaku on this one.
You do realize a player can reject a contract offer from another club?

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
You do realize a player can reject a contract offer from another club?
Once a club have told you they don't want you anymore because they have found a buyer with an acceptable offer, what choice do you have as a player? Refuse to leave the San Siro despite being unwanted? Why does this work for the club and not for the player? If last winter Lukaku had demanded to leave Inter in the middle of their league campaign, would they have allowed him?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Once a club have told you they don't want you anymore because they have found a buyer with an acceptable offer, what choice do you have as a player? Refuse to leave the San Siro despite being unwanted? Why does this work for the club and not for the player? If last winter Lukaku had demanded to leave Inter in the middle of their league campaign, would they have allowed him?
Jesus christ did you even see Lukaku's interviews? He wanted to go to Chelsea. He apparently even rejected an offer from Man City in 2020

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I can understand Lukaku's frustrations and blow-out. He clearly didn't want to leave Inter, he still had a contract there and actually wanted to extend it but instead was forced out because Inter loved the Chelsea money and didn't care about the player's feelings despite the existing contract. He was forced to go back to a club that had got rid of him a few years earlier because they thought he was shit but they have since sobered up and now realise their stupidity. Players are human, they remember these experiences. It's like Partey being told Atletico had received money from Arsenal and he must therefore pack his bags and go to London, with absolutely no consultation with the player who is the main element in the equation, the only difference being Partey happened to be an Arsenal fan growing up. I hate the brutality and heartlessness of today's money-driven football market and I'm definitely Camp Lukaku on this one.
Lukaku is a self confessed Chelsea supporter and has been since a youngster, its why he literally said when he joined, as did his agent, we were the only club he'd have left Inter for.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus christ did you even see Lukaku's interviews? He wanted to go to Chelsea. He apparently even rejected an offer from Man City in 2020
Exactly, both he and his agent were pretty open about Chelsea being the club Lukaku would have left for, and Chelsea being his lifelong love

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
That's false imo.. Lukaku asked for a new, bigger and longer contract in June despite he was already the most payed Inter player (€ 7,5m net -> £ 225k a-week) and the existing one at the time would have expired in 2024 (so another THREE seasons) unlike most of Inter players. That was very selfish from him.

Inter refused his request of course as giving to their most payed player a bigger and longer contract would have triggered the envy of other players. There wasn't even the urgency to extend his contract unlike those of other 14 (FOURTEEN) Inter players whose contracts were up in 2022 or 2023.
Imagine what the following key players alone: Handanovic (contract until 2022 at the time), Skriniar (2023), De Vrij (2023), Perisic (2022), Brozovic (2022), Vidal (2022), Barella (2023), Lautaro Martinez (2023), Alexis (2022) among other what would pretended after hearing Lukaku's contractual adjustment

Inter didn't really want to sell Lukaku to Chelsea as reported by pretty much everyone (manager, sporting director, the player himself and his agent). In fact as Pastorello said once, Nerazzurri refused THREE different offers from Chelsea during the summer (€ 100m, € 105m and € 105m + Zappacosta if I remember correctly) before accepting a fourth one (€ 115m) around August 10 only after the player was pushing to leave.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Remember watching that Arsenal game at the start of the season and the away fans chanting his name throughout the match. Wonder how much support he's going to get in the stadium now.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Remember watching that Arsenal game at the start of the season and the away fans chanting his name throughout the match. Wonder how much support he's going to get in the stadium now.
Well that's a good question. People I know in real life will just continue to support him as the consensus among my friends and I is that it would be counter productive to boo him or give him a negative reaction. Online though, everyone is talking about booing him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
At best it will be mixed tomorrow night. If there's not a good few boos, I'd be amazed.

Scoring a couple against Spurs will be a start to getting the fans back inside though!

Flexdegea

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59867343

Apologiesed and back in contention to play.

Load of fuss about not much.

Why are you downplaying it like everyone overacting? :lol:

You seen what he said, and you mostly heard what Tuchel said about it. Hardly hyped up.

Tuchel already spoke a few times about it, it's was no fuss, he was straight to the point on what he thought about it all. Unless he making a fuss or nothing too.

Lukaku literally caused an unnecessary scene. Once he starts playing shite again, he get no slack or love from the fans. Tool of a footballer he is

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Why are you downplaying it like everyone overacting? :lol:

You seen what he said, and you mostly heard what Tuchel said about it. Hardly hyped up.
Tuchel didn't hype it up because he's not a massive melt.

There were people talking about him never playing for the club again, about him getting his contact cancelled, about selling him to Spurs!

There was plenty of overreacting to this, just not from me or Tommy. It's not nothing but it's not that big of a deal.

arnie_ni

That's not quite what happened though. He asked for a pay rise, inter said no. He's said if they gave him the contract he wanted he'd have stayed.