Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

RedDevilQuebecois

We've reached the summit. After years of searching, we have finally found it... THE ULTIMATE FOOTBALLING MEME!!!

Romelu Lukaku is now the biggest joke of the beautiful game, and there is nothing he can do about it. I thought that his shitshow against Croatia at the World Cup was the lowest point of his career, but I might have to reconsider that after what I saw of him against City. Someone from a closed group of United fans on Facebook said it right: "Lukaku needs to be fired from all forms of football."

Gotta tell it as it is: Lukaku is a massive fecking choker. This is not hyperbally; it has been the case for nearly 10 years now. All you have to look is the way he works in big games - fluffing shots with an open goal, shooting straight at the goalie when a big chunk of the goal is wide open, blocking his teammates' shots, sending weak shots wide from a good shooting position. That's basically choke after choke after choke after choke, and it keeps on happening. I thought Lautaro Martinez was too selfish when he was all alone against Ederson, but I now understand why he did what he did. There was no reason to trust Lukaku to bury it.

How the feck does Lukaku keep doing it? So many situations where he should score goals, he keeps on blowing like Angela White. Socrates, give me the knowledge to understand. There's no way he can keep being this bad under pressure! Somebody tell me! Do you hear me? Someone tell me he does it! I HAVE TO KNOW!! I HAVE TO KNOOOOOW!!!:eek::eek::eek::houllier::houllier::houllier::mad::mad::mad:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
We've reached the summit. After years of searching, we have finally found it... THE ULTIMATE FOOTBALLING MEME!!!

Romelu Lukaku is now the biggest joke of the beautiful game, and there is nothing he can do about it. I thought that his shitshow against Croatia at the World Cup was the lowest point of his career, but I might have to reconsider that after what I saw of him against City. Someone from a closed group of United fans on Facebook said it right: "Lukaku needs to be fired from all forms of football."

Gotta tell it as it is: Lukaku is a massive fecking choker. This is not hyperbally; it has been the case for nearly 10 years now. All you have to look is the way he works in big games - fluffing shots with an open goal, shooting straight at the goalie when a big chunk of the goal is wide open, blocking his teammates' shots, sending weak shots wide from a good shooting position. That's basically choke after choke after choke after choke, and it keeps on happening. I thought Lautaro Martinez was too selfish when he was all alone against Ederson, but I now understand why he did what he did. There was no reason to trust Lukaku to bury it.

How the feck does Lukaku keep doing it? So many situations where he should score goals, he keeps on blowing like Angela White. Socrates, give me the knowledge to understand. There's no way he can keep being this bad under pressure! Somebody tell me! Do you hear me? Someone tell me he does it! I HAVE TO KNOW!! I HAVE TO KNOOOOOW!!!:eek::eek::eek::houllier::houllier::houllier::mad::mad::mad:
It's what happens when you move an above average football player into the spotlight of top level football. I've said it multiple times in the past that this guy has no place at top level football - he's mid-table mediocrity yet he kept getting chance after chance after chance.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Chelsea did so well to sell him for 28m first time around.

Up until the point when they bought him back, they had the best outcome from a transfer.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is the asterik to City's CL thropy. And will be that way for the rest of humanity.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I really do feel bad for him .. ultimately you need luck on your side in sports and his has completely abandoned him the past few years.

Kag

That chip on his shoulder just grew by another couples of inches.

He really is the most brittle footballer I can recall when it comes to the top level. Useless bastard.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That chip on his shoulder just grew by another couples of inches.

He really is the most brittle footballer I can recall when it comes to the top level. Useless bastard.
That chip on his shoulder is a giant baked potato at this point.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
And you pair him up with Lautaro Martinez of all people :lol: Just brutal, has to be up there with the worst attacking duos in history. Wouldn't trust them to bag one in if the game was being played for 2 hours more last night.

Both of them going 2 on 1 against the keeper and my bet is they will feck it up somehow.

redcafe_reader

It's true that he messed up chances.

But in my opinion, similar to the Belgium game in the World Cup, both Inter and Belgium didn't create much until he get in, that show how important to play with an actual attacker with a real presence (obviously that attacker need to be much better than Lukaku).

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I really do feel bad for him .. ultimately you need luck on your side in sports and his has completely abandoned him the past few years.
Him being in the way of Di Marco’s header was bad luck. But standing in front of an empty net, and directing a header back towards the keeper on the other side of the goal? That’s just poor finishing

clarkydaz

The miss wasn't that bad but it's gonna be blown out of proportion because it's Lukaku and he's a repeat offender. A header that close to the goal doesn't have to be placed, just smashed into the back of the net. Sometimes you're just unlucky and the keeper is on the trajectory. You always expect a striker to score from that distance but you can find comparable missed chances every week. Haaland had a couple against Courtois.
The header was terrible, he is central and heads it central to the keeper. its not even a difficult header, a supposed top striker buries it

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Just realised Inter won the xG yesterday...

He's unlucky with the header, technically he doesn't do anything wrong. Gets it down, it comes at him quickly, just need slightly more angle on it or Ederson to be in a slightly different position.

justboy68

Just realised Inter won the xG yesterday...

He's unlucky with the header, technically he doesn't do anything wrong. Gets it down, it comes at him quickly, just need slightly more angle on it or Ederson to be in a slightly different position.
United better xG in the FA cup final too. Ultimately City won because of bad defensive mistakes on our side and bad finishing on Inter's.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He is the opposite of Drogba to whom he was compared to earlier in this career when it comes to his first touch and being clutch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is the opposite of Drogba to whom he was compared to earlier in this career when it comes to his first touch and being clutch.
The comparison has never made sense. Drogba was from the beginning a player that worked hard and got game time due to doing all the "dirty" jobs that help a team and he wasn't a good finisher, then relatively late he started to find the back of the net. Lukaku was a speedy and massive kid with good finishing, that was only good at finishing, he was rarely involved in anything else and still isn't.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
The comparison has never made sense. Drogba was from the beginning a player that worked hard and got game time due to doing all the "dirty" jobs that help a team and he wasn't a good finisher, then relatively late he started to find the back of the net. Lukaku was a speedy and massive kid with good finishing, that was only good at finishing, he was rarely involved in anything else and still isn't.
please... Drogba is a legend that will never be forgotten.
Everyone will forget Lukaku the moment he'll retire from professional football

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He´s too funny to forget.

JPRouve

Scout
It's not really the point but yeah, one will be remembered as a great player and the other will be remembered as a bit of a joke.

Boycott

I think he suffers from an inferiority complex which is why he pipes up a lot in media interviews blowing his own trumpet. Maybe he has a point in respect to his sheer number of goals scored that he ought to be respected more. But when people said things about how he wasn't on the level of other strikers it wasn't because he couldn't accumulate a good amount of goals but rather two different factors. Number one is that his all round game has never been impressive and he is not really that much better now than ten years ago. He is capable of drifting out on the right wing and chasing balls in behind but first touch, hold up play, and creating his own chances is sorely lacking. Number two is his goals tend to come in clusters anyway. It's not that he scores most weeks but rather he scores a bunch of goals over a few weeks, goes missing for the next few weeks, and starts scoring again and then stops scoring.

He is a very fine player when he is in a happy place as he was at Everton as their main man or his first season at Inter when he was out of the limelight. But I don't think at this age he can rekindle the passion to achieve that again without dropping down a level in ego and perhaps club.

tomaldinho1

It made sense early career, he actively modelled his game on Drogba’s and if you think of him at WBA in particular there are some close similarities. I have no idea what happened to that player who was a lean physical machine but he was much better at things outside of finishing - he could bully players, hold the ball up and run the channels and I guess he just decided he didn’t want to do that anymore.

JPRouve

Scout
It made sense early career, he actively modelled his game on Drogba’s and if you think of him at WBA in particular there are some close similarities. I have no idea what happened to that player who was a lean physical machine but he was much better at things outside of finishing - he could bully players, hold the ball up and run the channels and I guess he just decided he didn’t want to do that anymore.
How? Lukaku has never been a target man and a pressing machine, there is zero similarities between the two of them, the player that you are talking about never existed not even for a short period of time. He has never bullied players consistently, he has never had even an average hold up game and yes he run the channels but that wasn't Drogba's game.

tomaldinho1

How? Lukaku has never been a target man and a pressing machine, there is zero similarities between the two of them, the player that you are talking about never existed not even for a short period of time. He has never bullied players consistently, he has never had even an average hold up game and yes he run the channels but that wasn't Drogba's game.
When did I say he was a pressing machine? From first spell at WBA - opposite to your description.
https://thebelgianwaffle.co.uk/lukaku-revelling-in-west-brom.htm

Lukaku pre Everton was completely different to whatercer he decided to become there as he just chased goals I guess. When he came to us he was a weird profile, like a massive poacher who could no longer play back to goal or head the ball well anymore. But he used to be something else entirely.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
When did I say he was a pressing machine? From first spell at WBA - opposite to your description.

Lukaku pre Everton was completely different to whatercer he decided to become there as he just chased goals I guess. When he came to us he was a weird profile, like a massive poacher who could no longer play back to goal or head the ball well anymore. But he used to be something else entirely.
He was different compared to today's Lukaku but still nothing like Drogba though. He was a very mobile striker who loved to peel out wide and use his pace as well as physicality to find spaces to score. But he was never able to play with his back to the goal like Drogba did nor was he as good off the ball as the Ivorian. All the comparisons were extremely lazy and based purely on their size and skin colour.

JPRouve

Scout

The topic of the conversation was his likeness to Drogba which has never been a thing. He was a big poacher for Everton, he has never had a good back to goal game and he statistically was better in the air for United than any other team he has played for, it's the only time where he consistently had a positive aerial win rate and even then we all knew that he was not good at it.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The topic of the conversation was his likeness to Drogba which has never been a thing. He was a big poacher for Everton, he has never had a good back to goal game and he statistically was better in the air for United than any other team he has played for, it's the only time where he consistently had a positive aerial win rate and even then we all knew that he was not good at it.
I would assume he didn't have anything close to a 'positive aerial win rate' in the opposition's box. I recall him winning a lot of flick-ons from De Gea's long balls but I rarely remember him scoring bullet headers for us. That tame header last night brought back memories of his aerial limitations at United. Mourinho wanted him to be a target man but that was never his game.

tomaldinho1

He was different compared to today's Lukaku but still nothing like Drogba though. He was a very mobile striker who loved to peel out wide and use his pace as well as physicality to find spaces to score. But he was never able to play with his back to the goal like Drogba did nor was he as good off the ball as the Ivorian. All the comparisons were extremely lazy and based purely on their size and skin colour.
Disagree strongly. I suspect you didn’t watch Lukaku early in his career. If you want to find a carbon copy of Drogba, of course he wasn’t that but the poster essentially said Lukaku was just a finisher and didn’t have the other aspects which I disagree with. Lukaku was incredibly fast and athletic as a younger player and actively tried to copy Drogba in aspects of his game. Just go to YouTube/watch some WBA games. Was he as good as Drogba at it? Obviously not but that’s probably what you’d expect from a teenager/player in their early twenties and also I’d say he was faster than Drogba so he could play off the shoulder a lot more.

The laziness in comparison comes when he changed his game at Everton and yet still even when at United there was a debate about him being a target man. He’d lost all his dynamism and pace by then and, as said, I don’t know what happened but he went from being this rapid, lithe player who was 6feet 3 doing somersaults when he scored to a massive bloke, arguably overweight, who thrived around the box and didn’t do much else.

You’ve just ignored part of my post which suggests to me you might have gone and watched some of his WBA game footage. Google him at Anderlecht, he’s repeatedly referred to as having a similar playing style to Drogba and he references Drogba and Adebayor as his idols. Almost every article you can find on his transfer from anderlecht and also from WBA compares their playing styles. As above, no he’s not exactly the same but they had many similarities compared to almost having none now.