Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Rex Banner

Don't think I've ever seen a player balls it up on the big stage quite like Lukaku. I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such an arsehole.

Brophs

The One and Only
Failure is fuel. This is only going to make him more determined to put his name to the best goddamned Players' Tribune article ever written.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Joined us for £70 million+.

Joined Inter for £60 million+.

Joined Chelsea for £100 million+.

Has there ever been such an average player that commanded such ludicrous amounts of money? Half convinced he is some sort of money laundering operation.

Ted Lasso

Some of his build up play and flicks on were actually decent and well worked, but my god, seriously, there must be a curse on this guy. No one can be that bad in those situations.
Always seems like there's a few players like that. Have enough about them to make the chances and show enough quality to play for big teams in big moments but then fluff the most important chances.

Higuain comes to mind

Fergies Gum

Has there ever been such an average player that commanded such ludicrous amounts of money? Half convinced he is some sort of money laundering operation.
His ex agent was one of the biggest crooks in Football.

captaincantona

Fuking should be ashamed of himself. Came on to make the difference and barely broke a sweat. That’s even before the miss. Awfulnplayer

Lee565

Hopefully inter send him back to Chelsea and potchettino decides use him

InfiniteBoredom

Fuking should be ashamed of himself. Came on to make the difference and barely broke a sweat. That’s even before the miss. Awfulnplayer
Meh, he was decent with his flick on/link up, we all knew he isn’t the type to put himself about or use his physique well.

The issue is he always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and has horrendous finishing in these games. You just expect it to happen, can’t even claim prescience.

RedB4ndiT

With all the talk about Halland it was actually Inter's strikers that won them the trophy.

RedB4ndiT

Alvaro Morata is another one.

Second time he's blocked a goalbound shot in a big final, and the missed header was amateur level. He's absolutely useless.

mu4c_20le

Second time he's blocked a goalbound shot in a big final, and the missed header was amateur level. He's absolutely useless.
The thing is, he's not just unlucky. He's actually selfish and delusional to think he could head that ball, instead of turning around to see where it was going

Irwin99

I was just wondering what if inter started with him and then brought on Dzeko later.
Yeah, Dzeko offered no threat at all in my opinion. Lukaku immediately got Inter further up the pitch, won some headed duels and did ok in that regard, it's just his atrocious finishing and almost uncanny ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time that astonishes me. It's genuinely mind-blowing how it happens. I'd say he's cursed but I think he's just more clumsy.

Idxomer

Relative to what? At the top, top level, he’s definitely bad. He’s a standout liability in all of the big games.
To most other footballers in Europe's top 5 leagues. In games like this one, yeah he is very bad because you can never depend on him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah, Dzeko offered no threat at all in my opinion. Lukaku immediately got Inter further up the pitch, won some headed duels and did ok in that regard, it's just his atrocious finishing and almost uncanny ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time that astonishes me. It's genuinely mind-blowing how it happens. I'd say he's cursed but I think he's just more clumsy.
Yup. Agreed. Lukaku’s link up play was actually decent. He’s just a clown show once he’s inside the box.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Meh, he was decent with his flick on/link up, we all knew he isn’t the type to put himself about or use his physique well.

The issue is he always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and has horrendous finishing in these games. You just expect it to happen, can’t even claim prescience.
BBC text during and after the game today.
At 14:52 Simon Stone comments on Lukakus miss but then adds “ I hope any criticism of the Belgian remains just that.”
What’s he on about there?

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Never have I rated a player less and he's still underperformed.

theatreofdreams777

So that must be the voodoo shit Zlatan was talking about. This guy is cursed. In how many big games he sabotaged his team now?

We all know his big match performances at United.

Own goal against Sevilla in europa league final in his first season at Inter which lost them the final.

Several misses for Belgium that took them out of the World Cup.

Same shit again in another big final tonight.

Has there been any worse player than him in big games? The guy is the antithesis of "big game player".

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I feel sorry for him, kinda. He has to go back to Chelsea now.

Sylar

His transfers must add up to 250m which is insane especially as it's probably only four transfers.

Marvin look out

The miss wasn't that bad but it's gonna be blown out of proportion because it's Lukaku and he's a repeat offender. A header that close to the goal doesn't have to be placed, just smashed into the back of the net. Sometimes you're just unlucky and the keeper is on the trajectory. You always expect a striker to score from that distance but you can find comparable missed chances every week. Haaland had a couple against Courtois.

Him blocking Di Marco's header was poor positioning and typical Lukaku though. It looks bad, although he hardly prevented a sure goal: Dias was right behind him and the header wasn't powerful. Hard to tell where the ball was heading.

Outside of that, he's had two other chances that he created for himself (two shots with one on target) and his link up play was decent. But he typically didn't offer enough on and off the ball: didn't press or make good runs and not enough touches. His miss and his block are what people will ultimately remember.

A negative performance overall, and probably the last time we've seen him at this level.