Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

imamuppet

Goes to Italy and looses 12 pounds in 10 days because an Italian nutritionist recognised that his digestive system was not working properly.

Why do we never catch such things at our club ?

Actually, probably best not be answered.....

FerociousCorgis

For me i feel like some people just dont understand what it means for a professional footballer to be "shite". There seems to be this perception that to be called that the player will just whiff on every pass, fall down trying to control, and be unable to do the simplest things. That's not the case. Pretty much every professional footballer could join a footy match between us regular peons and look like messi. Fellaini could join a rec sunday league and tear it up. When we call players like lukaku shite, it is in reference to their skills in relation to the level they are playing at. Lukaku has very poor technical skills for a supposed 9 for United. Same thing with lingard. We expect them to have a level of ability corresponding to their position in one of the best leagues in the world. Just my two cents

Suedesi

Goes to Italy and looses 12 pounds in 10 days because an Italian nutritionist recognised that his digestive system was not working properly.

This is embarrassing from Man United club doctors. They should be fired.
As soon as Lukaku arrived in Milan, Conte sent him to a nutritionist for a consultation so detailed that it included a study of the decomposition of his body waste. Within hours, the determination was made that something was wrong. "Normally I have a fine digestive system," Lukaku said. "I digest everything very quickly. That's how it had been my entire life. But what the nutritionist said to me was, it had stopped working."
Limited to a highly specific regimen of mainly fish, sweet potatoes, shiitake pasta, and cooked and raw vegetables, Lukaku experienced a transformation. In 12 days, he lost nearly 10 pounds. When body fat was measured at the training facility in the first week of September, he was told that his ranked among the lowest on the team. "I'm good now," he said. "My body is in the zone."

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He talks too fecking much. New quotes every day. Actually starting to dislike him now.

haram

He gets asked questions, he answers them. What people should be worried about is why Inter could find and solve the problem so quickly, yet we couldn’t.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
He gets asked questions, he answers them. What people should be worried about is why Inter could find and solve the problem so quickly, yet we couldn’t.
That's one way of looking at it i guess.. Everything he says is negative towards United. No class.

tomaldinho1

Bored of him now. Personally think we should close this thread, it'll just be people raging we didn't keep him when he scores and then the opposite when he doesn't. There's no substance to it.

Let's focus on United players or player's we'd like to play for United. Lukaku is nothing more than an underwhelming memory.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The amount of people not wanting others to talk about a player who just left our club while talking a lot of shite is kinda odd.

Scotty McT

If his digestive system wasn't working properly it means he was literally full of shit, something I suspected all along.

Reactions: Varun

Varun

Staff

Incredible incompetence.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

My digestive system doesnt work correctly when i eat for all of england either. Its funny that I also lose weight when I eat less.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Yes, there's surely complacency at our club but...isn't it funny how Lukaku has found yet another way to excuse what may be simply dietary indiscipline?

UncleBob

Oh come on.

This was Lukaku in dec 2018, a few weeks after he called it bullshit that he was too big.

While Lukaku scored four in six tournament appearances in Russia, plus twice in a friendly beforehand, he admitted the need to slim back down. “In the Premier League, I cannot play with the same amount of muscle as international football,” he said. “That was something that when I came back I knew straight away: ‘Nah, I cannot play in this style like this.’ I had to lose muscle basically. So you just stay out of the gym, drink a lot of water, and a lot of veg and fish and it helps.”

Me and the [United] medical staff, we did like a lot of tests to see what was the problem. I had a hamstring injury, which is something that never happens to me. Lukaku is now on a different fitness regime. “[There is] more prevention in the gym and I am trying to do speed bursts in training and that’s the most essential,” he said.

Essentially, he'll tell people what they want to hear. He still looks as heavy as he did when he left us, if that suddenly changes i'll start believing him.

haram

Oh come on.

This was Lukaku in dec 2018, a few weeks after he called it bullshit that he was too big.

While Lukaku scored four in six tournament appearances in Russia, plus twice in a friendly beforehand, he admitted the need to slim back down. “In the Premier League, I cannot play with the same amount of muscle as international football,” he said. “That was something that when I came back I knew straight away: ‘Nah, I cannot play in this style like this.’ I had to lose muscle basically. So you just stay out of the gym, drink a lot of water, and a lot of veg and fish and it helps.”

Me and the [United] medical staff, we did like a lot of tests to see what was the problem. I had a hamstring injury, which is something that never happens to me. Lukaku is now on a different fitness regime. “[There is] more prevention in the gym and I am trying to do speed bursts in training and that’s the most essential,” he said.

Essentially, he'll tell people what they want to hear. He still looks as heavy as he did when he left us, if that suddenly changes i'll start believing him.
Does the information he gave back then not depend on what our medical staff told him?

haram

I’m confused. So to cure this failed digestive system that getting him fat, is by eating healthy food that put him on diet to lose weight?

Why do you need a doctor for that??
"Limited to a highly specific regimen of mainly fish, sweet potatoes, shiitake pasta, and cooked and raw vegetables, Lukaku experienced a transformation".

It's not just about eating healthy food, it is being claimed that it is a specific diet that he is on.

redshaw

Can we send Luke Shaw, Rojo and maybe Lindelof over to see this nutritionist?

Perhaps our whole team is stodged. How long before James is hobbling about and grimacing like the rest of them?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yeah i have a really hard time believing the guy would lose 5kg in 10 days
Only water weight. If you go low carb, you shed weight because the body dumps water it is holding. One hasn't actually shed any meaningful fat or muscle. That takes much longer.

Also, it doesn't matter how heavy you are. If you can't control a football, you can't control a football.

UncleBob

Does the information he gave back then not depend on what our medical staff told him?
The point, which you conviently missed/ignored/didn't understand is that Lukaku is well known for saying "the right things". He did it, as i've already pointed out, a few weeks after he ridiculed suggestions that he was too big and he followed it up with saying how he's on the right path blablabla, already feeling more fit. It's hardly a surprise that he's on it again now, after his summer body of 2019. His apperances have hardly changed, he still looks too big, so we'll see if it's all "talk talk" or if there's some actual truth to it. Straight off the bat, i see absolutely no reason to instantly believe him.

edcunited1878

12 pounds in 10 days based on his diet alone is bullshit. You still have to train properly, lift, run, etc. And sleep/rest. Re-hydrate and eat just to sustain muscle and make sure your metabolism is going throughout the day well before you sleep.

Your digestive system doesn't suddenly stop working. It can become fecked up because what you're ingesting doesn't belong in your body in the first place. Also, Lukaku didn't have to do feck all in terms of training or looking after himself since the beginning of summer since he was being held out of training and matches by United. So over the course of a summer, he didn't look after himself too well which led to his digestive system to "suddenly stop working".

Suedesi

:lol: It’s complete horseshit. Nothing but PR.
Maybe. Maybe not. We won't know for sure, until or unless a disgruntled Inter player leaks out the data.
Fact is, our club allowed him to get to cruiserweight class, when he should have been lighter. And looking at Shaw, he looks too bulky for a footballer.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Oh come on.

So a lot of water, vegetables and fish help you lose muscles.

What is He, a sea creature?

Might as well add Krabby Patty in there.

Sterling Archer

12 pounds in 10 days based on his diet alone is bullshit. You still have to train properly, lift, run, etc. And sleep/rest. Re-hydrate and eat just to sustain muscle and make sure your metabolism is going throughout the day well before you sleep.

Your digestive system doesn't suddenly stop working. It can become fecked up because what you're ingesting doesn't belong in your body in the first place. Also, Lukaku didn't have to do feck all in terms of training or looking after himself since the beginning of summer since he was being held out of training and matches by United. So over the course of a summer, he didn't look after himself too well which led to his digestive system to "suddenly stop working".
Like meat, dairy, added fat and oil

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Can that Italian nutritionist take a look at Shaw’s toilet too?

Teja

He’s always good at speaking Rom. Knows how to lead people along, well atleast until they figure out talking can only do so much for your ball control.

haram

Of course. Being the raging fan of his that you are.
A striker of his goal scoring record, age and experience is not deadwood. Especially considering the options we have without him.

But yes, £70 million deadwood we have sold to a team in the Champions League.

minh_loc_xoay

A striker of his goal scoring record, age and experience is not deadwood. Especially considering the options we have without him.

But yes, £70 million deadwood we have sold to a team in the Champions League.
Imagine Lukaku scoring the winning goal for Inter in the Champions League final with an assist from Sanchez. The meltdown on here would be entirely something else. :drool:
Even tastier if it's against Liverpool in the Final.

haram

Imagine Lukaku scoring the winning goal for Inter in the Champions League final with an assist from Sanchez. The meltdown on here would be entirely something else. :drool:
Even tastier if it's against Liverpool in the Final.
I'd rather not imagine that because I'd be fuming :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Lukaku isnt a deadwood. 5 years at epl scoring heaps of goals isnt a sign of deadwood. You can say our formation or style of play doesn't suit him but a good manager can work with what he has and find a suitable system that could utilize him.

And he looks motivated, something our deadwoods seems to be missing is motivation. I dont believe rojo et al could contribute as rational back up players at least.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Lukaku isnt a deadwood. 5 years at epl scoring heaps of goals isnt a sign of deadwood. You can say our formation or style of play doesn't suit him but a good manager can work with what he has and find a suitable system that could utilize him.

And he looks motivated, something our deadwoods seems to be missing is motivation. I dont believe rojo et al could contribute as rational back up players at least.
My true at all. If that's the case Benteke and Hart would be playing for Liverpool and ManCity. Moreno would have been starting LB for Liverpool too.

haram

My true at all. If that's the case Benteke and Hart would be playing for Liverpool and ManCity. Moreno would have been starting LB for Liverpool too.
Lukaku was signed by a better manager than ours, a Premier league winning manager, for a team playing in the Champions League. He is FAR from deadwood.