g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

NYAS

You guys can discuss what you like but honestly it’s so tedious seeing this thread bumped every single time he scores. He’s going to score, you know, like how he scored for us too.

I personally would have kept him but he wanted to go and clearly has toxic personality traits, a very shit first touch and questionable stamina. He’s also not a target man, which is what we would have needed given what we already have in terms of striking options at the club. He also didn’t fit our style of play.

There’s a reason he’s gone to a Conte side.

Move on.

Mihai

As a black person who has lived in Italy and England, you couldn't be further from tge truth. Racism is worse, and significantly so in Italy. Take it from someone who knows.
As a Eastern European who has lived in both countries, I totally agree with this. It's not even close.

SaintMuppet

Racism in Italy is a huge problem. My ancestors are Southern Italian and we are considered ‘black’ by those further north. If that’s the baseline you can imagine what outsiders put up with!

freeurmind

weak willed
You guys can discuss what you like but honestly it’s so tedious seeing this thread bumped every single time he scores. He’s going to score, you know, like how he scored for us too.

I personally would have kept him but he wanted to go and clearly has toxic personality traits, a very shit first touch and questionable stamina. He’s also not a target man, which is what we would have needed given what we already have in terms of striking options at the club. He also didn’t fit our style of play.

Move on.
This is a thread literally for discussing his performances.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
The question is probably why though, he’s not on loan or anything. Just be done with it and leave it be. How many other previous players have got constantly running threads of their own

Sylar

The question is probably why though, he’s not on loan or anything. Just be done with it and leave it be. How many other previous players have got constantly running threads of their own
Rooney and zlatan got one. Think ronaldo too
It's not an issue anyway, it's a football forum section of a united forum.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Agree. People discussing footballers in the football section of a football forum. What is this sorcery?!

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Rooney and zlatan got one. Think ronaldo too
It's not an issue anyway, it's a football forum section of a united forum.
Rooney played for us for years and win shitloads. He was or close to being a united legend. Hardly the same

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ronaldo and Zlatan. Top level legendary players.

Whatever anyway, I wonder how long this thread will keep going. He must be sorely missed

Pughnichi

I couldn’t care less if he scores 84 goals this season. I still will not be sorry he’s gone.

We all know his limitations.

We all know he’ll score goals in Italy

...and we all know he is someway short of what’s expected from a ManUtd striker.

He doesn’t play for us. May as well start a similar thread for Gagliardini or Bastoni or Candreva.

Signing off from this thread....for good

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I couldn’t care less if he scores 84 goals this season. I still will not be sorry he’s gone.

We all know his limitations.

We all know he’ll score goals in Italy

...and we all know he is someway short of what’s expected from a ManUtd striker.

He doesn’t play for us. May as well start a similar thread for Gagliardini or Bastoni or Candreva.

Signing off from this thread....for good
Ok, bye.

Sterling Archer

Been saying it for over a year...if the man lost weight every aspect of his play would improve. Starting to see dividends from more salads and less chips already.

Yagami

Good post resistant
People getting excited about him bagging against a Championship level side. What the hell was that Scotland selection anyway? Mcginn and Fraser in the bench?
Said it when the line-ups were announced. Neither played that well against Russia (despite McGinn scoring), but they're so much better than the alternatives.

To be fair, though, Fraser played a part in costing Scotland their 2nd against Russia so his dropping was somewhat understandable. McGinn, though? I didn't see the logic in that. McGinn was also the first to be subbed off against Russia, too, despite McTominay and McGregor being much worse.

I guess Clarke just doesn't fancy him.

Tarrou

I can't speak for anyone else but I like getting updated on how he's doing. I like Rom and hope he has a great season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He scored 25 premier league goals in 1 season.
Why stop there, post how many goals he scored in other seasons. What's his average number of league goals per season.

When you check it, also let us know how many times this goal scoring machine scored 20+ league goals.

haram

Why stop there, post how many goals he scored in other seasons. What's his average number of league goals per season.

When you check it, also let us know how many times this goal scoring machine scored 20+ league goals.
Understand progression in a players career. Understand that regardless of the tally, it does not matter considering the post I was replying to suggested he only scored against Championship teams/players.

redIndianDevil

Shhhh, he had a heavy touch in the 52nd minute so it doesn't count.
The way one guy went about this assist, I thought he had done something good. Thanks for the video, but that was among the shittiest amateurish defending I've seen. Yes his touch was good but his pass was underhit and could have easily been intercepted by the defender. This situation would never have yielded a goal in a PL match(may be if the score was already 3-0 and opposition gave up).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Understand progression in a players career. Understand that regardless of the tally, it does not matter considering the post I was replying to suggested he only scored against Championship teams/players.
Understand purple patch, peaks, one off season.

The post you replied to didnt say that.

Majority of his international games are championship level opponents.

He should move to the championship and become the GOAT. May need De Bruyne, Hazard and Mertens to move with him though.
And that's true too. Most of the games and the goals he scored are against championship level defenders, and then fed by likes of Hazard, KdB. He didn't under perform for ManUtd, he maintained his average (or might have missed by couple of goals). Smashing low level defenses at International level won't change that.

haram

Understand purple patch, peaks, one off season.

The post you replied to didnt say that.

And that's true too. Most of the games and the goals he scored are against championship level defenders, and then fed by likes of Hazard, KdB. He didn't under perform for ManUtd, he maintained his average (or might have missed by couple of goals). Smashing low level defenses at International level won't change that.
I'll let his performances this season do the talking. 3 games, 3 goals, good start.

redIndianDevil

Maybe we’re the problem.
No one said we create loads of chances and Lukaku is the sole reason we are shite, he was also a huge problem, plus I'm pretty sure Martial/Rashford can easily do what he does when there is a midfield similar to what Belgium has.

haram

No one said we create loads of chances and Lukaku is the sole reason we are shite, he was also a huge problem, plus I'm pretty sure Martial/Rashford can easily do what he does when there is a midfield similar to what Belgium has.
Maybe, maybe not. He no longer plays for us so we'll see how many goals and wins we get without him.

minh_loc_xoay

I'll let his performances this season do the talking. 3 games, 3 goals, good start.
Daniel James got a near similar scoring rate for us, yet some people on here still think of him as a Championship player, a United cheap punt.
So by the CAF standard, that rate is nothing impressive, and Lukaku mostly just scores against fodder anyway.

haram

Daniel James got a near similar scoring rate for us, yet some people on here still think of him as a Championship player, a United cheap punt.
So by the CAF standard, that rate is nothing impressive, and Lukaku mostly just scores against fodder anyway.
Lukaku has been scoring every season since his move to West Brom, there is a difference. Of course, what James is doing is great.

NYAS

I’m not saying don’t talk about him. I just don’t understand the fact that people are obsessing over it when he’s scoring goals against teams like Scotland. Something he’s been doing for ages, something we’ve always known he can do.

It’s not an him showing improvement, it’s not him doing anything different. If you want the long and short of it, people are bumping the thread because they want to moan more about how shit we are for letting him go, even though 90% of those people were most probably the same ones going berserk in match threads about how he needed to be the first one sold.

Because he scored a tap-in against Scotland. “Let me find the Lukaku thread, quick!”

Again, I like him despite his limitations and would have kept him, but I can also recognise that there were reasons he left and no amount of him scoring against sides like Scotland and San Marino will change that.

But on here the grass is always greener on the other side. Surely there has to be limits to negativity?

Anyway, that’s just me.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I’m not saying don’t talk about him. I just don’t understand the fact that people are obsessing over it when he’s scoring goals against teams like Scotland. Something he’s been doing for ages, something we’ve always known he can do.

It’s not an him showing improvement, it’s not him doing anything different. If you want the long and short of it, people are bumping the thread because they want to moan more about how shit we are for letting him go, even though 90% of those people were most probably the same ones going berserk in match threads about how he needed to be the first one sold.

Because he scored a tap-in against Scotland. “Let me find the Lukaku thread, quick!”

Again, I like him despite his limitations and would have kept him, but I can also recognise that there were reasons he left and no amount of him scoring against sides like Scotland and San Marino will change that.

But on here the grass is always greener on the other side. Surely there has to be limits to negativity?

Anyway, that’s just me.
Fans are definitely fickle but very few people in this thread (at least in the last few pages) are moaning about letting him go. Most are just pointing out he's scoring goals. Let's not create an imaginary narrative.

Revaulx

Been saying it for over a year...if the man lost weight every aspect of his play would improve. Starting to see dividends from more salads and less chips already.
Absolutely this. The fact that he was allowed to get away with it at United is a terrible indictment of our management. He should have been packed off to a health farm immediately on his return from that summer of “bulking up”. If Jose had lost interest by then, Ole should have taken him in hand rather than just giving up on him.

Fluctuation0161

He's a limited player. Top 4 quality at best but no higher. He was so inconsistent, he needed to go. The disappointing thing is that we haven't replaced him.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Move on.
Gee thanks

Bwuk

He scores for fun against Belgium. Scotland were never going to keep him out.

O'Donnell - Mulgrew - Cooper - Robertson is a Championship defence at best. De Bruyne was outstanding.

Frank Grimes

Lukaku will always score goals. I dont have any resentment toward him at all and feel like we never supplied him enough in his time here. We all know he has failings but he would have benefitted greatly from better wingers at the club.

matt10000

Lukaku will always score goals. I dont have any resentment toward him at all and feel like we never supplied him enough in his time here. We all know he has failings but he would have benefitted greatly from better wingers at the club.
Exactly, he wasn't for us but I wish him every success in his football career. I don't understand why when someone changes job people full of hate hope they fail - live and let live people.