Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Why does this thread look like it's only bumped when he doesn't score in a game ?

Anyway with all his deficiencies he scored 5 goals in 8 league games for them. We as a whole team scored 10 goals in 9 league games so far.

Still a crap decision to sell him without replacement.
disagree. He does score some goals, and even if we disregard the fact he can’t score against a decent side (1 goal in 23 appearances against the top 6), his attitude was appalling and he was a disgrace to the football club. He was clearly disliked inside the club and he had no hesitation in throwing his team mates under the bus. These are not the sort of players we want at our club, no matter how good they are (and in Lukuku’s case he was average).

I would have been happy getting half the money we got for him - in the longer run we are far far better off without him, even without buying a replacement.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Why does this thread look like it's only bumped when he doesn't score in a game ?

Anyway with all his deficiencies he scored 5 goals in 8 league games for them. We as a whole team scored 10 goals in 9 league games so far.

Selling him was a great decision. Not replacing was bad.

el3mel

disagree. He does score some goals, and even if we disregard the fact he can’t score against a decent side (1 goal in 23 appearances against the top 6), his attitude was appalling and he was a disgrace to the football club. He was clearly disliked inside the club and he had no hesitation in throwing his team mates under the bus. These are not the sort of players we want at our club, no matter how good they are (and in Lukuku’s case he was average).

I would have been happy getting half the money we got for him - in the longer run we are far far better off without him, even without buying a replacement.
I think we discussed this before ? Can't remember the name much but think it was you.

Anyway I still think the hating for him from United fans is extremely exaggerating. I myself slaughtered him a lot last season, but some of you here have been taking it personal to a weird level.

I think we discussed this before ? Can't remember the name much but think it was you.

Anyway I still think the hating for him from United fans is extremely exaggerating. I myself slaughtered him a lot last season, but some of you here have been taking it personal to a weird level.
Maybe?

I don’t hate him. I admired the player before he moved to Utd - who was hungry I’m a metaphorical sense, rather than a literal sense :eek:

However, we saw a player that is not suitable for a top club, and he put himself first every time. He’s not a team player, he treated the club like crap, and it’s best for all parties that he’s gone.

Can you imagine the stink he would be kicking up if he was still here? We are a better team without him, and we will see that in the long run.

el3mel

Maybe?

I don’t hate him. I admired the player before he moved to Utd - who was hungry I’m a metaphorical sense, rather than a literal sense :eek:

However, we saw a player that is not suitable for a top club, and he put himself first every time. He’s not a team player, he treated the club like crap, and it’s best for all parties that he’s gone.

Can you imagine the stink he would be kicking up if he was still here? We are a better team without him, and we will see that in the long run.
In which way did he treat the club like a crap exactly ?

I for one have no problem slaughtering him for footballing reason (because I did several times, as I said), and my main problem with him leaving isn't himself leaving but not replacing him, but things "was disgrace for the club" and such from many, I found it extremely exaggerating and taking things personally. It makes it like he moved for a rival and talked shite about the club after that or something.

Handré1990

Maybe?

Amen to that.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

I for one have no problem slaughtering him for footballing reason (because I did several times, as I said), and my main problem with him leaving isn't himself leaving but not replacing him, but things "was disgrace for the club" and such from many, I found it extremely exaggerating and taking things personally. It makes it like he moved for a rival and talked shite about the club after that or something.
Erm.. He posted club confidental files on twatter? Talked about his dream of playing in Serie A all the time, talked shit about Utd when he was still under contract on a podcast...

el3mel

Erm.. He posted club confidental files on twatter? Talked about his dream of playing in Serie A all the time, talked shit about Utd when he was still under contract on a podcast...
See that's what I meant exactly by exaggeration. Why were these files taken as a disgrace treatment towards the club when Mata literally retweeted and joked about it too ? Was Mata treating the club like crap too ? The only mistake about it was posting things should have stayed private rather than public, but it was an obvious joke and Mate picked up on it.

Pogba talked about wanting a new challenge in summer with his agent saying he wanted to go. Was he treating the club like a disgrace then and if so why he's defended here then ? Why are we keeping him when he wants to leave ? Why are people treating both situations different ?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We should have asked for Martinez as part of a deal. Looks a player.

Red_toad

See that's what I meant exactly by exaggeration. Why were these files taken as a disgrace treatment towards the club when Mata literally retweeted and joked about it too ? Was Mata treating the club like crap too ? The only mistake about it was posting things should have stayed private rather than public, but it was an obvious joke and Mate picked up on it.

Pogba talked about wanting a new challenge in summer with his agent saying he wanted to go. Was he treating the club like a disgrace then and if so why he's defended here then ? Why are we keeping him when he wants to leave ? Why are people treating both situations different ?
As Lukaku is part of the Jose era, much like Fellaini was Moyes. Fans are a fickle bunch. I hope Lukaku has a good career, I’m glad he’s gone, but can’t understand why some fans have a real issue with him and go on like they know all about him, when it’s very obvious they don’t.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's bold decisions like selling your only true striker that make me trust this new Ole & Co & Ed transfer management. It was a bold yet profoundly correct decision to let him go. To do it with the amount of money we got for him too... Wow. Yes, of course, we needed to replace him, but the same team that made the decision to let him go also repeatedly hint at wanting to have had him replaced as well. It bodes well for the next few transfer windows.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Laughing at Conte jumping the gun to marry the one that got away, when its clear her puss dropped after the last relationship.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Every time he has a bad game and this thread is bumped, few always gets their panties in twist. This thread is dedicated for his Inter performance, just like how this thread is bumped when he scores it will be bumped when he plays as poor as he did vs Dortmund.

Going over old ground, but a starter for 10...

• Overweight and unfit - this is unforgivable
  • Didn’t want to fight for his place when OGS dropped him
  • Refused to play in pre-season
  • Posted confidential info to promote his own interests, and happy to take the piss out of teammates
  • Interviews saying he wanted to move to Italy last season
  • Lazy, pathetic performances on the pitch
  • Poisonous presence in the dressing room
Compared to someone like Fellaini (who also needed to move on) the attitudes on and off the pitch were like night and day. Fellaini was the model professional to the end, Lukuku was the absolute opposite.

As I said, I don’t hate him, but have zero respect for him, am delighted that he no longer plays for us, and he will be forgotten very quickly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think it's fair to say that Lukaku is the same / always will be the same player that was at United.

Capable of scoring goals but his control in tight spaces is terrible and inconsistent. If he's having an "off" day then nothing goes for him.

I can see why Ole got frustrated with him.

Classical Mechanic

Every time he has a bad game and this thread is bumped, few always gets their panties in twist. This thread is dedicated for his Inter performance, just like how this thread is bumped when he scores it will be bumped when he plays as poor as he did vs Dortmund.
I don't think it was controversial to highlight this performance. His contribution in last nights game was as bad as you'll see in top level football.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't think it was controversial to highlight this performance. His contribution in last nights game was as bad as you'll see in top level football.
Yeah it was just horrible. 17 year old Esposito showed more in the game than Lukaku. He looked clumsy, always making wrong runs, finger pointing, asking for the ball after taking up poor position.

I dont understand why some people are upset just because this thread is bumped after that performance. It's like they want this thread to be bumped only when he scores.

el3mel

• Posted confidential info to promote his own interests, and happy to take the piss out of teammates
Compared to someone like Fellaini (who also needed to move on) the attitudes on and off the pitch were like night and day. Fellaini was the model professional to the end, Lukuku was the absolute opposite.

As I said, I don’t hate him, but have zero respect for him, am delighted that he no longer plays for us, and he will be forgotten very quickly.
1- Being unfit isn't treating the club like crap as he still has few fitness issues till now at at Inter. Some players always struggle with their fitness.

2- Not true. He did far more than enough to fight for his place imo. He was early dropped to Rashford and still when coming as a sub did what he could and scored some important goals like the opening goal vs Newcastle away. When he got a chance to start he scored a brace 3 games in a row including PSG. Once his performance dropped in a game again he was dropped to bench immediately while "Rashy" kept fecking things up and was not dropped. Regardless from his deficiency as a player, the way Ole treated both him and Rashford sent a clear message about whom he's preferring regarding to performance, so no reason for him to stay beyond that point.

3- Evidence on that?

4- I replayed to that in another post above. This point is what I meant by exaggeration. He was wrong in publishing private information that should have stayed but the post itself was a clear joke, and Mata picked up on it and retweeted it while joking about him being faster than Shaw, was Mata treating the club like crap too?

5- Also replayed on that in another post. Pogba said he wanted a new challenge in summer and his agent said he wanted to leave. Was he treating the club like disgrace too? Why his situation are treated differently from Lukaku then?

6- The majority of our squad can be considered a disgrace to the club going by this point tbf.

7- Evidence?

The problem is I feel the majority of the reasons people are slaughtering him currently for are exaggerated a little bit. His performance wise here he was mostly mixed bag or even bad at times, and he did some mistakes and wrong things but it's really not to the degree people here are going to.

I don't like him much as a footballer and my posts in his performance thread last season will say more than enough about my opinion on him while he was here but not replacing him with a pretty bad idea. Sell and replace, and we would have moved on.

Member 90887

You are in a united forum. The player left us and was disrespectful in the way of doing so (see @ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg post that summarize this perfectly). What i do not understand is why you are bothered by it. If you don't like people in here criticizing him, just ignore those comments.

Is it over the top sometimes ? yes. are people here a bit biased ? of course they are. it's a united forum. What's weird is you, as a united fan, being bothered by other united fans criticizing a player that has nothing to do with us now.

el3mel

You are in a united forum. The player left us and was disrespectful in the way of doing so (see @ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg post that summarize this perfectly). What i do not understand is why you are bothered by it. If you don't like people in here criticizing him, just ignore those comments.

Is it over the top sometimes ? yes. are people here a bit biased ? of course they are. it's a united forum. What's weird is you, as a united fan, being bothered by other united fans criticizing a player that has nothing to do with us now.

And what is the problem in discussing it? Really weird angle that.

bludsucker

Good riddance. The club did wonderful business in getting 85m for him. Niw to use that money wisely and bring in a replacement and we are good to go.

1- Being unfit isn't treating the club like crap as he still has few fitness issues till now at at Inter. Some players always struggle with their fitness.

2- Not true. He did far more than enough to fight for his place imo. He was early dropped to Rashford and still when coming as a sub did what he could and scored some important goals like the opening goal vs Newcastle away. When he got a chance to start he scored a brace 3 games in a row including PSG. Once his performance dropped in a game again he was dropped to bench immediately while "Rashy" kept fecking things up and was not dropped. Regardless from his deficiency as a player, the way Ole treated both him and Rashford sent a clear message about whom he's preferring regarding to performance, so no reason for him to stay beyond that point.

3- Evidence on that?

4- I replayed to that in another post above. This point is what I meant by exaggeration. He was wrong in publishing private information that should have stayed but the post itself was a clear joke, and Mata picked up on it and retweeted it while joking about him being faster than Shaw, was Mata treating the club like crap too?

5- Also replayed on that in another post. Pogba said he wanted a new challenge in summer and his agent said he wanted to leave. Was he treating the club like disgrace too? Why his situation are treated differently from Lukaku then?

6- The majority of our squad can be considered a disgrace to the club going by this point tbf.

7- Evidence?

The problem is I feel the majority of the reasons people are slaughtering him currently for are exaggerated a little bit. His performance wise here he was mostly mixed bag or even bad at times, and he did some mistakes and wrong things but it's really not to the degree people here are going to.

I don't like him much as a footballer and my posts in his performance thread last season will say more than enough about my opinion on him while he was here but not replacing him with a pretty bad idea. Sell and replace, and we would have moved on.
I’m not going to go into each point.

But are you honestly saying that Lukuku was a model professional in his last year at the club and in the way he left?

If that’s the case, fine - but we have nothing to discuss because we will fundamentally disagree with each other.

el3mel

I’m not going to go into each point.

But are you honestly saying that Lukuku was a model professional in his last year at the club and in the way he left?

If that’s the case, fine - but we have nothing to discuss because we will fundamentally disagree with each other.
I didn't say that at all. I clearly said he did several mistakes here and should have cared about his fitness more, but again, I don't think all these things combined deserve what has been happening in this thread.

Maybe it's different views. We can agree to disagree though.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Getting disposed by Esposito,
Walking all game with first touchshitto,
People call him the big chungusito,
Bongoli

Robbie Boy

Loved how this was bumped at the start after a-few goals during his honeymoon period and people proclaimed him as some sort of misunderstood genius. Turns out that he’s, well pretty fecking shit like most already knew.

VJ1762

Bro, Ronaldo would have thrown up seeing Lukaku's 'stepover'.

The amount of money that we have blown on players like him, holy shit.

SweetRightFoot

People talking about proving us wrong with his goals.. look at his goals.

5 goals in 10 games looks good but when you consider that 2 were pens (he didn't win them) and out of all the ones I've seen his goal against Milan was the only one worth mentioning, decent (free) header.

Clubs he's scored against in Serie A (blanked in Europe so far):

AC Milan x 1
Cagliari x 1
Lecce x 1
Sassuolo x 2

Hardly setting Serie A alight.

Ban

Was funny when he was subbed and was waving to the crowd, he thought they cheered him but they cheered young Esposito coming in.

Siorac

People talking about proving us wrong with his goals.. look at his goals.

5 goals in 10 games looks good but when you consider that 2 were pens (he didn't win them) and out of all the ones I've seen his goal against Milan was the only one worth mentioning, decent (free) header.

Clubs he's scored against in Serie A (blanked in Europe so far):

AC Milan x 1
Cagliari x 1
Lecce x 1
Sassuolo x 2

Hardly setting Serie A alight.
It doesn't even look that good. Rashford has 4 in 9 in the Premier League this season and pretty much everyone seems to agree he's been mostly shite.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His movement was the most worrying thing yesterday, consistently out of tune with the rest of the team. Really weird to see

Btw, i'm not sure United did a good job when selling him. I mean, great they got the money they wanted but as has been said repeatedly, they needed a replacement and didn't sign one. And have been paying the price for that so far.

Could have sold him for a bit less a month before and still have a month to sign a replacement. Of course a normal club would have been working on a signing a replacement before selling him, so that they would've had a deal pretty much done by the time he was sold.....

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Often throughout his career he shied the challenge to fight for a place in the starting eleven.
He went to clubs that would guarantee him playing time (which is totally understandable).

While that helped him to become what he is now and also helped him secure big contracts, it might have stopped him from becoming a truly world class player. He never had to change or adapt his playing style (which might be a problem that he did not have to think about improving himself).

Mihai

It"s going to be bumped a lot then :D

SteveW

Agreed

JoaquinJoaquin

Often throughout his career he shied the challenge to fight for a place in the starting eleven.
He went to clubs that would guarantee him playing time (which is totally understandable).

While that helped him to become what he is now and also helped him secure big contracts, it might have stopped him from becoming a truly world class player. He never had to change or adapt his playing style (which might be a problem that he did not have to think about improving himself).
He will never become world class now I don't think. This current version of him is probably his peak.

Based Adnan

You forgot calling Conte the best coach in the world whilst being a United player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

I agree with bolded parts and especially with Fellaini thing. But with not bolded parts i don't. That things he did after he was wrote off by Ole. Ole himself admited that he wants different type of striker so it was not battle for first 11, it was battle to go or be substitute. And i respect that he chose to leave and play instead earning huge money for being substitute. Imagine that Jones, Lingard, Matic and some others do that?
What he did during the summer was not nice but don't forget that most of those things he did after we refused couple of bids. So he then decided to force a move. And i don't think he is lazy. Unfit yes, but lazy...i don't think so.

Irwin99

Don't think anyone was sad to see him go or thought it was the wrong decision, it's just not replacing him that was the issue. Can see him getting some serious stick from the Inter fans at this rate.