Romelu Lukaku vs Alvaro Morata 2017/18

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So no one wishing we'd got Morata instead tonight then :lol:

First miss the worst one, as much time as needed, through on goal. What more do you want!?

Inter Yer Nan

Both have been underwhelming after great starts but I think I'm glad we got Lukaku. He is the better finisher and I think he will prove to be more consistent plus I get the feeling perhaps Morata's head could be back in Spain or Italy if he's not firing them in on a consistent basis.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
At the age of 25, Alvaro Morata has 50 career goals to his name, Romelu Lukaku on the other hand has 128 career goals at the age of 24

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Saw a joke on Instagram. Morata could be sat on the aeroplane and still miss his flight.

cyberman

Put Lukaku on Madrids bench and Im sure he would win a few CL as well.
Morata didn't play a single minute of Madrids knockout games last year if I remember correctly.
Whats the point in even bringing it up?

cyberman

@duffer
Ah the sub appearance when the game was won.
My mistake, he was a vital cog in the machine!

starman

Put Lukaku on Madrids bench and Im sure he would win a few CL as well.
Morata didn't play a single minute of Madrids knockout games last year if I remember correctly.
Whats the point in even bringing it up?
Its a comparative statistic between the two like how someone mentioned who scored more goals between the two. Morata hasn't played as many minutes as Lukaku or has always played as the central striker.
Neither are premium finishers, you could make that conclusion before joining their new clubs, but to me, Morata is the better player.
His finishing may have been poor, but his linkup, movement and positioning was good

TheReligion

Abusive
In Spain the B sides play in the second division, not a reserve league. If they didn't Morata would've gone on loan like Lukaku.
Lukaku's goals are top level though.

The B league system is Spain is notoriously low level. Including his goals for Madrid reserves is a very misleading statistic.

cyberman

@starman
Its not a comparitive statistic though, all you've shown is Lukaku has scored many more goals for sides leagues below Madrid and Juve.
And yes, I do think he would give up most of the titles he had little part to play in simply because of his desperation to leave Madrid.
He even admitted he didn't want to rejoin the reigning CL champions from Juve in the first place.
Hence why he's now playing for Chelsea.

TheReligion

Abusive
Leaving out career goals because they were scored in the second division is what's misleading.
Hes scored half of his goals at a lower level of football than the Championship.

To try and put that on par with Lukaku's exploits is silly.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Hes scored half of his goals at a lower level of football than the Championship.

To try and put that on par with Lukaku's exploits is silly.
The goals were scored at a lower level for sure. Nobody is putting on par with Lukaku's record.

You can't just pretend they were not scored though (well, you can but that's silly).

Enigma_87

You know who
But bashing him for scoring less goals than lukaku while playing less games is smart?
How so?

If we remove Morata's apps and goals for Real Madrid B he's on 70 goals in 214 games playing for Chelsea, Real and Juve.

If we remove Lukaku's goals and apps in Belguim and in his Chelsea stint where he barely got a game, he's on 119 goals in 234 apps.

So for 20 games more he scored 39 goals more, being 1 year younger, barely a difference especially if you account the quality of the service both got for their respective teams at the time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The problem is not having your opinion but to expect others to follow suit. There is nothing to prove that lukaku will not improve because Lukaku has improved in some departments. He has been under immense pressure compared to morata yet he gives his best and has scored 15 goals already. People only remember his mistakes that they intentionally choose to not highlight the moments where he provided e golden chances against Leicester or his super link up play which led to 2 goals against arsenal or his super performance against CSKA Moscow and early parts of the season.

I have seen more people getting riled up here when someone defends lukaku if anything.
There is never much 'proof' of how much improvement a player has left in him. Not sure why you're expecting any. It's subjective.

Also that poster expects everyone to follow his opinion and agree with it?

Z2United

Supports
Team Zlatan
How so?

If we remove Morata's apps and goals for Real Madrid B he's on 70 goals in 214 games playing for Chelsea, Real and Juve.

If we remove Lukaku's goals and apps in Belguim and in his Chelsea stint where he barely got a game, he's on 119 goals in 234 apps.

So for 20 games more he scored 39 goals more, being 1 year younger, barely a difference especially if you account the quality of the service both got for their respective teams at the time.
You remove his "Chelsea stint where he barely got a game" to boost his record or why?
His record for chelsea is actually 0 goals in 15 games. Why would you remove those from the statistics? are those games somehow not as important as the ones where he scored more?

jcff9678

At one moment I thought Morata was the better player, at the other moment I thought Lukaku was the better player. They are just miss and hit after all......can't quite deliver in the big moment.