Ronaldo (37) Slaps Phone Out of Child’s (14) Hand | Charged after 5 months of deliberation

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Absolutely. He made a huge mistake re-joining United - never decide with your heart above your mind should be the lesson.
United also made the mistake of signing him right?

Raw

In all seriousness, this season has to be the worst in Ronaldos career, right? Not surprising that such a winner is frustrated.

When he eventually writes a book, the chapter on his thoughts about this season will be interesting.
I do wonder how it would have gone if he went to City.

He'd definitely score more goals but would he do what's as expected in a Pep team?

Lightbringer

Jesus Christ, Ronaldo obviously didn’t do that. Straight down the Liverpool small claims court on Monday.
I find it much more likely that Ronaldo actually did that (not on purpose), with the force he used, its perfectly possible. If Ronaldo felt the needs to destroy someones property for filming him - he should have made sure that he did not hurt anyone in the process. Ronaldo could have snapped the phone and jumped on it, it would have sent the same message but Ronaldo would not be facing accusations of assault!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It's a quite news day when this is getting so much attention.
Who cares?
Come on :lol:

The biggest football player in the world smashes some kid’s phone because he lost a football match, it’s always going to be a story.

He was using reasonable force to prevent crime under section 3 of the criminal law act. Clearly being subjected to harassment and abuse contrary to section 2 of the protection from harassment act and under the public order act 1986.
This is incorrect

Deery

Dreary
I find it much more likely that Ronaldo actually did that (not on purpose), with the force he used, its perfectly possible. If Ronaldo felt the needs to destroy someones property for filming him - he should have made sure that he did not hurt anyone in the process. Ronaldo could have snapped the phone and jumped on it, it would have sent the same message but Ronaldo would not be facing accusations of assault!
Oh come on, it looks like they’re tried to break the kids hand, you don’t get that from someone knocking a phone out your hand.

Lightbringer

Oh come on, it looks like they’re tried to break the kids hand, you don’t get that from someone knocking a phone out your hand.
With big muscles, come big responsibility, never put anyone else in danger, thats the first rule. And I quite like Ronaldo btw, just think he played his cards wrong this time!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Shame there’s not a facepalm emoji on the Caf

Jesus
Intentionally / recklessly damaged the kids phone, only two real defences would be consent / protection. And neither apply in the circumstance.

You’re knowingly talking out your arse chief. Nothing will come of it because it’s not a big deal, but your claim he was using reasonable force to prevent crime is laughable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In all seriousness, this season has to be the worst in Ronaldos career, right? Not surprising that such a winner is frustrated.

When he eventually writes a book, the chapter on his thoughts about this season will be interesting.
Not just Ronaldo, the books on the post SAF United collapse will be an interesting read.

Grib

This thread is a parody right? :lol:

slap kids phone - outrage

kungfu kick some kid - hero

Christ the night, get something better to do with your life:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Absolutely. He made a huge mistake re-joining United - never decide with your heart above your mind should be the lesson.
Agreed. A bad move for both parties. Ronaldo should have seen the trend of other players at United as a red flag.

TheReligion

Abusive
Intentionally / recklessly damaged the kids phone, only two real defences would be consent / protection. And neither apply in the circumstance.

You’re knowingly talking out your arse chief. Nothing will come of it because it’s not a big deal, but your claim he was using reasonable force to prevent crime is laughable.
you still don’t get that I was taking the piss.

this is hard work :lol:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Oh come on!
He's lucky it wasn't Cantona. :D

Wilt

That phone was the first decent hit he’s made in ages

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pay for a new phone and give him some signed goodies, he will be happy as larry.

feck the parents trying to get an injury claim out of it ffs :lol:

Lightbringer

Once a criminal always a cnut.
Whats on Ronaldos resume thus far (allegations)

Sexual assault
Sexual harassment
Rape
Assaulting a child
Destroying fans property.

Did I miss something? I have not been following Ronaldos very much when hes not been at United, so I could be missing out.

Chairman Steve

Never understood the obsession to film EVERYTHING at a football game.

I‘m afraid to drop my smartphone because it’s worth a lot of money, plus my eyes work perfectly and I don’t have amnesia so I won’t forget that it happened.

amolbhatia50k

Whats on Ronaldos resume thus far (allegations)

Sexual assault
Sexual harassment
Rape
Assaulting a child
Destroying fans property.

Did I miss something?
Assault is a bit much.

And aren't like 3 of those the same incident

big rons sovereign

He'll probably buy the kid a shiny new one amongst other things.
Storm in a teacup.
I'm sure a few stood nearby will be claiming for their traumatic experience.
The FA will definitely be looking to make some cash out of it.

Lightbringer

Assault is a bit much.

And aren't like 3 of those the same incident
Its assault, albeit not intentional/with malice.

You could commit multiple offenses in the same situation, does not make it much better. I believe there was more women making accusations (dont know the credibility of them)

And yes, I am aware its allegations, not proven acts. But still not a good look.

I still believe that Ronnie is currently a good lad regardless if he is guilty of the criminals acts he is accused of. Its possible to make mistakes, and learn from them with time and maturing although the acts would still be inexcusable.

Its also possible to think Ronnie is a decent chap, while still condemning some of his actions.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If a middle aged man slapped my kid then I'd want that man put behind bars.

I guess we can only hope this gets dealt with quickly enough so he is out of prison in time for the world cup.

Lightbringer

What does the child having autism have to do with anything?
Well, its possible that a autistic child would knew less boundaries and thus be more likely to film Ronaldo without being fully aware as a regular individual that it could be deemed disrespectful, that is where I was going. I would possible give an autistic child a tiny bit more slack.